pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
Hop you post back soon.
Hugs my dear dutchie!

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Dear Pepe!!!! Thanks for asking.....
    We have been very busy since 'the big switch', what with fixing up the house, and renovating my house (from my mom). AND I have started riding horses again...a bit sore, but it sure feels good to be 'back in the saddle again'...*smile*....

We are already making plans for summer, I just booked an incredible deal on Princess to cruise the "Baltic capitals"...11 days, 7 countries...WHEW!!!! Just a taste, but I have always wanted to see St. Petersburg...and sample some borscht!!!!

I am sending big hugs to you, my firey Spaniard...are you faring ok with the treatments? And the new economic troubles in Spain?

American Hugs, Kathi *giggle*
  • pepebcn
    KathiM said:

Dear Pepe!!!! Thanks for asking.....
    We have been very busy since 'the big switch', what with fixing up the house, and renovating my house (from my mom). AND I have started riding horses again...a bit sore, but it sure feels good to be 'back in the saddle again'...*smile*....

We are already making plans for summer, I just booked an incredible deal on Princess to cruise the "Baltic capitals"...11 days, 7 countries...WHEW!!!! Just a taste, but I have always wanted to see St. Petersburg...and sample some borscht!!!!

I am sending big hugs to you, my firey Spaniard...are you faring ok with the treatments? And the new economic troubles in Spain?

American Hugs, Kathi *giggle*

Hi Kathi , glad to know from you , I'm sure you will love
    St.Petersburg I looked very much when We went there few years ago.I'm doing well beside some stomach issues I think is gas!. Troubles? what troubles ?LOL., well.... for the moment cuts cuts cuts and more cuts but honestly I don't think Merkel,s formula Is the right one to get out from a crisis,as per I have seen yesterday holland has joined us to the club of recession, and don't doubt is Merkel,s fault . That kind of politics is only good for the germans but.............Well hope new good times will come ....but don't know when,LOL.
    Hugs my dear Flying Dutch Girl.
  • KathiM
    pepebcn said:

Hi Kathi , glad to know from you , I'm sure you will love
    St.Petersburg I looked very much when We went there few years ago.I'm doing well beside some stomach issues I think is gas!. Troubles? what troubles ?LOL., well.... for the moment cuts cuts cuts and more cuts but honestly I don't think Merkel,s formula Is the right one to get out from a crisis,as per I have seen yesterday holland has joined us to the club of recession, and don't doubt is Merkel,s fault . That kind of politics is only good for the germans but.............Well hope new good times will come ....but don't know when,LOL.
    Hugs my dear Flying Dutch Girl.

Gotta love the Germans....*smile*
    ...given free rein, they would spend everyone's money...sigh...and if you look up 'austere' in the dictionary, you will see "see German"...

I'm surprised that the Dutch, with so many political parties, can agree on anything!

One of The Netherlands' biggest mistakes, in my opinion, was adopting the 'give me your tired, hungry, weak of heart' philosophy...after America...the Dutch have waaaay too many social support programs to allow rampant immigration...there are immigrant people living there that have never worked a day in their lives since entering the country, and yet they get full social services...healthcare, even a piece of the pension pie!!!! Amazing!!!! So now, of course, they are trying to close the door, and kick these people out...but that is almost impossible...the children of them that are born in The Netherlands are, of course, Dutch....sigh...

And, of course, people like me, who want nothing financial from the country, are not allowed in without great control...even though I bring my dollars to spend on goods and services, all that carry a heavy tax that supports the social programs (gas is now over $7.00 per gallon, after calculation).

But then, look at America's deficit...."oh, what's a few more trillion dollar increase in the spending ceiling".....

I'm glad I can be an 'armchair quarterback' on this one...I have bigger troubles *smile* I need to choose between Obama and Romney to manage MY future...sigh...

I am glad you are managing, dear Pepe...if you need a break, you know you are always welcome in the "low lands" in summer...I'll even keep it a secret that you once ruled their country!!!!! *Grin*

BIG hugs, Kathi
  • pepebcn
    KathiM said:

Gotta love the Germans....*smile*
    ...given free rein, they would spend everyone's money...sigh...and if you look up 'austere' in the dictionary, you will see "see German"...

I'm surprised that the Dutch, with so many political parties, can agree on anything!

One of The Netherlands' biggest mistakes, in my opinion, was adopting the 'give me your tired, hungry, weak of heart' philosophy...after America...the Dutch have waaaay too many social support programs to allow rampant immigration...there are immigrant people living there that have never worked a day in their lives since entering the country, and yet they get full social services...healthcare, even a piece of the pension pie!!!! Amazing!!!! So now, of course, they are trying to close the door, and kick these people out...but that is almost impossible...the children of them that are born in The Netherlands are, of course, Dutch....sigh...

And, of course, people like me, who want nothing financial from the country, are not allowed in without great control...even though I bring my dollars to spend on goods and services, all that carry a heavy tax that supports the social programs (gas is now over $7.00 per gallon, after calculation).

But then, look at America's deficit...."oh, what's a few more trillion dollar increase in the spending ceiling".....

I'm glad I can be an 'armchair quarterback' on this one...I have bigger troubles *smile* I need to choose between Obama and Romney to manage MY future...sigh...

I am glad you are managing, dear Pepe...if you need a break, you know you are always welcome in the "low lands" in summer...I'll even keep it a secret that you once ruled their country!!!!! *Grin*

BIG hugs, Kathi

It's happening the same here, in certain mode immigrants
    have more rights than spaniadrds here, I have been reading the official news paper of the autonomous government of Madrid and in March 15 of the first 20 beneficiaries of Madrid government subdized housing have Muslim surnames ,the other five Spanish surnames but I bet they were Latins!.
    They don't need health card ,we need it , Many Latinos who are living here alone , bring their families from all America , with a permission of visit , just to be operated or treated of serious diseases!.Now they want to stop it but I think it's going to be difficult as any person from any country of the world will continue having the right of free health care if they go to ER directly!.BtW fuel is now 1.60€ liter ,thi is about 2 $ isnt ?.
    Just now watching TV breaking news: UK in Recession as well! Jesus !.
    Hugs my friend!
  • KathiM
    pepebcn said:

It's happening the same here, in certain mode immigrants
    have more rights than spaniadrds here, I have been reading the official news paper of the autonomous government of Madrid and in March 15 of the first 20 beneficiaries of Madrid government subdized housing have Muslim surnames ,the other five Spanish surnames but I bet they were Latins!.
    They don't need health card ,we need it , Many Latinos who are living here alone , bring their families from all America , with a permission of visit , just to be operated or treated of serious diseases!.Now they want to stop it but I think it's going to be difficult as any person from any country of the world will continue having the right of free health care if they go to ER directly!.BtW fuel is now 1.60€ liter ,thi is about 2 $ isnt ?.
    Just now watching TV breaking news: UK in Recession as well! Jesus !.
    Hugs my friend!

The precise calc for gas..(I do this for US friends that whine)
    There are 3.788 liters in a gallon.

So, that is 6.06€ per gallon. (the gallon being what our gas is charged at...)

Then, with the Euro/dollar exchange rate at 1.323: 6.06 x 1.323 = $8.02 per gallon.

Our current gas price is in the low $4.00 per gallon....MAJOR cheap in comparison...

We in So California are experiencing a bit of an upturn in the economic forecast...housing prices are rising a bit, and the stock market, even though some major roller coaster rides, is also up...hopefully the European economy will follow...

Dutch and American hugs, dearheart!, Kathi