One down....and well, I'm too sleepy to figure out how

phrannie51
phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
edited April 2012 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
many to go :)....BUT, did my first chemo today...Got there at 8:30, they kicked me out at 1:00 for my first rad....came back, finished the chemo...and came home. Sleepy but that's all...5 year old grandaughter and her mom drove in from Seattle, and we got to spend a couple hours together, before they headed to the other nana's house here in town.

I just feel SO good having gotten started...I'm now an official member of the KAK Club (Kancer AZZ-Kicking Club)....Tomorrow is another day, to do some more kicking.

p

Comments

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    Welcome to the club
    If the diagnosis doesn't make you a full-fledged member, having any combination of rads, chemo and surgery does--so, welcome! Remember to do whatever you can along the way to keep hydrated, rested, nourished--and upbeat. You do have control over those things and if you go into a deficit on one or more of them, the fight only gets harder.

The only way out...is through.

Mike
  • LeoS2323
    LeoS2323 Member Posts: 160
    Mikemetz said:

Welcome to the club
    If the diagnosis doesn't make you a full-fledged member, having any combination of rads, chemo and surgery does--so, welcome! Remember to do whatever you can along the way to keep hydrated, rested, nourished--and upbeat. You do have control over those things and if you go into a deficit on one or more of them, the fight only gets harder.

The only way out...is through.

Mike

Good For You
    Good for you phrannie, on the road at last! You are a trooper, you will beat this hands down.

I am on the road too, my drain from my neck area which has been filled up with blood last two days is nearly empty tonight so I think they may let me home this morning. I need to see my wife and babies! Missing them all so much, ready for home now!

Worried my scar may upset Charlotte though, she is a little princess and won't like it at all!

All the best

Leo
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    LeoS2323 said:

Good For You
    Good for you phrannie, on the road at last! You are a trooper, you will beat this hands down.

I am on the road too, my drain from my neck area which has been filled up with blood last two days is nearly empty tonight so I think they may let me home this morning. I need to see my wife and babies! Missing them all so much, ready for home now!

Worried my scar may upset Charlotte though, she is a little princess and won't like it at all!

All the best

Leo

I'll bet you're missing them awful, Leo!!
    How heartening to hear that the drains are clearing up....and home is where you'll be going....

Your scar may upset Charlotte at first, but kids have that zany curiosity, too...My grandaughter was facinated by the feeding tube....almost to the point of wanting one...but she sure didn't like Mikki's new hair cut (I'm grandma Mikki...no reason, just my nana name)....Kids are funny little creatures, she may surprise you.

You too are a trooper...and you happen to be on OUR bus...the one that left this week...I have a feeling we are a powerful crew riding in this one.

p
  • kimmygarland
    kimmygarland Member Posts: 312

I'll bet you're missing them awful, Leo!!
    How heartening to hear that the drains are clearing up....and home is where you'll be going....

Your scar may upset Charlotte at first, but kids have that zany curiosity, too...My grandaughter was facinated by the feeding tube....almost to the point of wanting one...but she sure didn't like Mikki's new hair cut (I'm grandma Mikki...no reason, just my nana name)....Kids are funny little creatures, she may surprise you.

You too are a trooper...and you happen to be on OUR bus...the one that left this week...I have a feeling we are a powerful crew riding in this one.

p

Husband Started Too
    Husband having 3rd radiation treatment this afternoon, and had first weekly chemo yesterday. So far, so good.

They are having him come in every day for a 3 hour hydration session, labs and general observation. He has reduced kidney function so they are watching him very closely with the cisplatin.

Fingers crossed, prayers said and hopes high for all going through treatment!!!
  • Sue22
    Sue22 Member Posts: 99
    New
    Hi there. Way to go. You can do it.
    Sending positive thoughts your way :-)
    Sue
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Take One Down, Pass It Around....
    Oh, I thought maybe you started drinking at first, LOL...teasin...

I'm sure most all of us can appreciate finally starting the process.

Best,
    John