my sister

jjaj133
jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
I am back and i need some advice. i buried my 58 yr. old niece a month ago. Today i get the call about my sister. She is 60 yrs old and fighting brain cancer. Now it is all through her. They are sending her home. She is in PA and i am in Florida.
I read how brave everyone here is and I pray when my time comes I will be too. But for her, I cant be brave, I don't know how to comfort her or my other sister. we all just met last summer. (adoption) she was supposed to come down here to rest and celebrate the end of her radiation treatments.
I am simply devastated and will pull myself together but, right now i am furious for all the pain this freakin disease causes.
Thanks for listening.
Judy

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Judy
    So very sorry to hear about your sister.

I know that losing her so soon after finding her is very difficult, but remind yourself and your sisters how blessed you are to have found each other at all and to have had a chance to meet.

If you have access to a video camera and your sister has a player, you could film your message for her letting her know how much you care. If you don't then call and let her hear your voice.

The most comfort to most comes in the form of knowing that others care.

Prayers for you all,

Marie who loves kitties
  • jjaj133

Dear Judy
    So very sorry to hear about your sister.

I know that losing her so soon after finding her is very difficult, but remind yourself and your sisters how blessed you are to have found each other at all and to have had a chance to meet.

If you have access to a video camera and your sister has a player, you could film your message for her letting her know how much you care. If you don't then call and let her hear your voice.

The most comfort to most comes in the form of knowing that others care.

Prayers for you all,

Marie who loves kitties

Thank you Marie.

Thank you Marie.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    jjaj133 said:

Thank you Marie.

Thank you Marie.

Judy:)
    I like the way that Marie said it, Judy - so I'll let her speak for me tonight:)

Keeping you in thought - Life is just plain hard on so many levels - the older we get, the more challenges we must incur and endure...it is difficult even on the best of days.

-Craig
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Sundanceh said:

I like the way that Marie said it, Judy - so I'll let her speak for me tonight:)

Keeping you in thought - Life is just plain hard on so many levels - the older we get, the more challenges we must incur and endure...it is difficult even on the best of days.

-Craig

Hey Girlfriend....
    I am so sorry to hear about your Sis. Damn cancer! Hugs my friend.... I wish I had more to offer

Jennie
  • jjaj133

Hey Girlfriend....
    I am so sorry to hear about your Sis. Damn cancer! Hugs my friend.... I wish I had more to offer

Jennie

Thanks Jennie, I feel your
    Thanks Jennie, I feel your hug.
  • jjaj133
    Sundanceh said:

-Craig

Thanks Craig, Very true.
    Thanks Craig, Very true. sadly.
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Sorry for your Loss
    Judy,
    I am sorry for loss of your niece and now the illness of your sister. You have our support and sympathy. I read your profile and am happy to read you are doing well. Prayers for your continued good health. Hug that beautiful dog and feel comfort from us.
    NB
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

Sorry for your Loss
    Judy,
    I am sorry for loss of your niece and now the illness of your sister. You have our support and sympathy. I read your profile and am happy to read you are doing well. Prayers for your continued good health. Hug that beautiful dog and feel comfort from us.
    NB

A step at a time and a day
    A step at a time and a day at at time. We cancer survivors learn real quick how to be strong, what other choice do we have. Just be there for her and make your days memorable. Laugh! We can laugh. Your sister is blessed to have you!

Feed the body, the right food that has to help with overall beauty.

Hugs!
  • jjaj133
    Nana b said:

A step at a time and a day
    A step at a time and a day at at time. We cancer survivors learn real quick how to be strong, what other choice do we have. Just be there for her and make your days memorable. Laugh! We can laugh. Your sister is blessed to have you!

Feed the body, the right food that has to help with overall beauty.

Hugs!

Thank you Nana b and NB,
    Thank you Nana b and NB, Your posts made me feel stronger. You have all reminded me why this is the first place I turn to. am so lucky to have found all of you.
    Hugs , Judy
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    jjaj
    in the book THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED,THO OPENING LINE IS:"LIFE IS DIFFICULT." But when it's over, we die and go to heaven. That is not a bad outcome. I wish you my best
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    danker said:

jjaj
    in the book THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED,THO OPENING LINE IS:"LIFE IS DIFFICULT." But when it's over, we die and go to heaven. That is not a bad outcome. I wish you my best

Judy, I've been thinking
    Judy, I've been thinking about you. Life is soooo hard.
    I'm sure your sister feels the love, though. I am glad you all found each other.
  • jjaj133
    danker said:

jjaj

Thank you, for your
    Thank you, for your response, so true.
    Hugs, Judy
  • jjaj133
    janie1 said:

Judy, I've been thinking
    Judy, I've been thinking about you. Life is soooo hard.
    I'm sure your sister feels the love, though. I am glad you all found each other.

Thank you Janie, I
    Thank you Janie, I appreciate your thoughts and I'm glad we found each other too.
    Hugs Judy
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    jjaj133 said:

Thank you, for your
    Thank you, for your response, so true.
    Hugs, Judy

I know how you feel
    Hi Judy,
    I know how you feel. I have been there. My only sibling died within 5 weeks of diagnoses. I was so mad at him,and also mad at the whole world. However, there is nothing we can do about it.
    Cry and yell if that helps you. It will get better with time. I have nothing left then my kids and I am so blessed with them.
    One day at a time is it for me and I try to find blessings in the little things.
    I see you have a dog, just hold him/her because they are the best friends in the world, pure love.
    Hugs, Marjan
  • jjaj133
    thingy45 said:

I know how you feel
    Hi Judy,
    I know how you feel. I have been there. My only sibling died within 5 weeks of diagnoses. I was so mad at him,and also mad at the whole world. However, there is nothing we can do about it.
    Cry and yell if that helps you. It will get better with time. I have nothing left then my kids and I am so blessed with them.
    One day at a time is it for me and I try to find blessings in the little things.
    I see you have a dog, just hold him/her because they are the best friends in the world, pure love.
    Hugs, Marjan

Thanks Marjan,
    I am working

Thanks Marjan,
    I am working on acceptance and trying to find words of comfort for my sister. I appreciate your post and am so sorry for your loss.
    Life really gives a solid sucker punch sometimes.,
    Hugs, Judy
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Judy
    Dear, I don't have a lick of advice, just here for you, the shoulders of mine can handle a bit of a cry, their available. Thinking of you, prayers for both your sister and you.
    Winter Marie
  • jjaj133

Judy
    Dear, I don't have a lick of advice, just here for you, the shoulders of mine can handle a bit of a cry, their available. Thinking of you, prayers for both your sister and you.
    Winter Marie

Winter Marie, thank you. I
    Winter Marie, thank you. I appreciate your offer and may take you up on it some day .
    I think of all the prayers being said and it warms my heart.
    Judy
  • jjaj133

Judy
    Winter Marie

Winter Marie, thank you. I
    Winter Marie, thank you. I appreciate your offer and may take you up on it some day .
    I think of all the prayers being said and it warms my heart.
    Judy
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    very sorry
    Oh, Judy.

That's a heartbreaking story, and it does see very unfair. Life seems to be that way sometimes, unfortunately.

I would try to maintain as much contact as you can, either through calling, sending cards, whatever you can do. What you do with the time you have will be the saving grace for you later.

I'm so sorry, dear.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • jjaj133
    tootsie1 said:

very sorry
    Oh, Judy.

That's a heartbreaking story, and it does see very unfair. Life seems to be that way sometimes, unfortunately.

I would try to maintain as much contact as you can, either through calling, sending cards, whatever you can do. What you do with the time you have will be the saving grace for you later.

I'm so sorry, dear.

*hugs*
    Gail

Thank you Gail, I am going
    Thank you Gail, I am going to do the best I can for her with whatever time left. What you say is so true. Plus, she is as sweet as they come and as stubborn as a mule. So I hope she is too stubborn to give in!
    Hugs,
    Judy