Thanks for helping me decide.

pudintane
pudintane Member Posts: 9
I am one of those singular posters who does not return. I was diagnosed with MCL on 12/23/11. I completed my fouth cycle on the 13th of April and the Pet scan showed no sign of the cancer. Still feeling pretty lousy from last weeks treatment. I was drawn to this site like that moth Jim described to a flame. So confused and hurt and scared. I have been back almost every night since then and have read every post and started and discarded almost as many. I have learned alot about people here, myself and my desease. What I have learned.

That without the intervention of a speeding bus I will die of MCL. That some time in the next 10 years or so I will relapse and go through this treatment again possibly adding stem cell. I know that folks here are much better at helping others and have more empathy and knowledge than I do. I know that I owe a big Thankyou!! to everyone who has posted in the last few months. I gained something from everyone. I've learned that I may not be able to stay away. I will not be posting however, at this point in my life lurking here is all I can manage. I know that my job is to collect and have as many good times as I can. I will. I also know that if your fingers stink...quit smelling them.

Thanks again to all...All my love. Chuck

Comments

• bluerose
    bluerose Member Posts: 1,104
    Hold on a minute
    Hi Chuck,

I am not online much anymore but I saw your title on the post you wrote and well - the moth thing. lol.

Anywho I do not know much about MCL but I do know something about stem cell and I was happy to see that you would be receiving them soon. Now again I don't know a think about MCL but I had one of the first stem cell transplants for non hodgkins lymphoma over 23 years ago now I guess it is and I have always been convinced that that is why I have survived this long.

You hear so many miraculous things when stem cells are involved in all kinds of different medical treatments and I seriously believe that there is magic in those cells that can do some amazing things. I also believe that nothing is impossible if you have faith so I hope you do, it will get you through whatever you are facing ahead of you.

Talk to you docs a little more about the stem cell part of your treatment, do some research and see what you think. I personally believe that stem cells are the way of the future for all kinds of positive medical outcomes.

I wish you nothing but the best as you move ahead.

Blessings,

Bluerose
  • po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,465 Member
    Don't live in a snapshot
    About cancer, we may safely assume.... nothing. Had I developed my cancer six months before I did, I would not be here. A clinical trial opened at exactly the time that I was scheduled to receive one last infusion of ICE followed by palliative care. I was planning to die by June of 2009. That providential trial put me in remission, where I have remained for nearly three years. I cannot have an allogenic transplant, as no donor exists. An autologous transplant is not considered a cure for the T-cell lymphoma that I have.

New drugs and therapies are exiting the pipeline in a steady flow. Some patients who formerly had no hope are now living from clinical trial to clinical trial. The game is far from over! In fact, it may just be beginning. Knowledge of cancer and its treatment have been roughly on a plateau for decades. Today, both the knowledge of cancer and successful treatment are improving dramatically, providing more hope than ever.

There has never been a good time to have cancer, but today is the best time that has ever existed. And, the outlook is only improving. The fact that I am typing this stands as evidence of that.
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    po18guy said:

Don't live in a snapshot
    About cancer, we may safely assume.... nothing. Had I developed my cancer six months before I did, I would not be here. A clinical trial opened at exactly the time that I was scheduled to receive one last infusion of ICE followed by palliative care. I was planning to die by June of 2009. That providential trial put me in remission, where I have remained for nearly three years. I cannot have an allogenic transplant, as no donor exists. An autologous transplant is not considered a cure for the T-cell lymphoma that I have.

New drugs and therapies are exiting the pipeline in a steady flow. Some patients who formerly had no hope are now living from clinical trial to clinical trial. The game is far from over! In fact, it may just be beginning. Knowledge of cancer and its treatment have been roughly on a plateau for decades. Today, both the knowledge of cancer and successful treatment are improving dramatically, providing more hope than ever.

There has never been a good time to have cancer, but today is the best time that has ever existed. And, the outlook is only improving. The fact that I am typing this stands as evidence of that.

One word
    One word: "AMEN" :).

Hugs and positive thoughts,

Jim
    DX: DLBL 4/2011, Chemo completed 10/2011, currently in remission. :)
    Members are sharing recipes!:
    Recipe Sharing Project