Rough week

2»

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Shingles are not picnic but
    Shingles are not picnic but Like you said they are welcome this time around...

sorry you are going through this...

Denise
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806

Shingles are not picnic but
    Shingles are not picnic but Like you said they are welcome this time around...

sorry you are going through this...

Denise

This might be
    This might be the first time we've all shared in the joy of someone getting a diagnosis of shingles. Amazing how after cancer everything but more cancer can be turned into a good thing. So happy it's not a recurrence for you. Hopefully it'll be a really mild case.

marge
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Awww Cynthia...
    Sorry you had a scare. We all know about every pain and the thoughts that can take over our heads. Just glad it wasn't related. Just hoping you feel better pretty soon.

Hugs
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232

Awww Cynthia...
    Sorry you had a scare. We all know about every pain and the thoughts that can take over our heads. Just glad it wasn't related. Just hoping you feel better pretty soon.

Hugs

Shingles
    WOW! Shingles! What a relief - but what a pain in the rib! (sorry - bad joke) Take care of yourself. Hope you get past this pain soon.

Hugs
    Pam
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Pam5 said:

Shingles
    WOW! Shingles! What a relief - but what a pain in the rib! (sorry - bad joke) Take care of yourself. Hope you get past this pain soon.

Hugs
    Pam

Your SECOND time with shingles, Eileen?
    I knew it was possible, but . . I, too, had shingles on my left hip, thigh and leg - in 2006. I had a titer done last year because I needed to show immunity to chickenpox in order to volunteer at the cancer center. But I did not have the shingles vaccine. Am I safe? I really do not want them again!

Suzanne
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    cc pheeeew
    I was relieved too when i got to the shingles part.
    Who would have thought. Please take good care of yourself

Hugs
    Ayse
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    aysemari said:

cc pheeeew
    I was relieved too when i got to the shingles part.
    Who would have thought. Please take good care of yourself

Hugs
    Ayse

Yay for shingles ~ Suzanne
    Yay for shingles ~ Suzanne my husband had an outbreak of shingles only for him it chose to appear on his face. Darn near lost the vision in his right eye. Painful stuff, he has since received the shingles vaccine to prevent another occurrence.

CC I hope today you are doing better and don't itch...

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Whew!
    I feel your relief sister! Praying for a speedy recovery.

VERY gentle hugs,

Sylvia
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    sea60 said:

Whew!
    I feel your relief sister! Praying for a speedy recovery.

VERY gentle hugs,

Sylvia

CC ... How are you feeling ??
    Just checking on you ...

Vicki Sam
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Shingles suck!
    However, anything but cancer is most often a huge relief for us. Which is kinda weird, isn't it?

By now, several days later, am hoping the Valtrex has kicked in... And that the pain has lessened.

Take good care of yourself.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: My Mom is currently dealing with shingles. Broke out the week after completing her full course of rads. And one of my closest friends, several years ago - same for her. Neither had chemo in between surgery & rads.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    VickiSam said:

CC ... How are you feeling ??
    Just checking on you ...

Vicki Sam

Whew, this has really been
    Whew, this has really been rough. Reminds me of when I was in heavy duty labor with Katherine but involves my back (lol). Last night, the back pain finally stopped but it began throbbing under my breast. I am hoping that moving is good and that it will soon move on out.

To complicate matters, pain meds and I don't mix. I can only take 1/2 pill of lowest dose narcotic or I literally puke. I have tried taking zofran with pain meds but that gives me a horrible headache. Sigh...I am the biggest weirdo with meds.

Anyway, I have finally worked out a schedule with 2.5mg hydrocodone and advil that works for me. My physician says that that is not enough to cover me, but it helps and will have to do. Hopefully, with the valtrex, I will be better soon and back to work.

Shingles are contagious only to folks who have never had chickenpox (or the vaccine) and then the exposed person would contract chickenpox, not shingles. Shingles is the later stage (reactivation) of your own previous chickenpox infection.

And, who are my patients? Premies. Of course, they have not had chickenpox or the vaccine and have few antibodies because antibody transfer occurs later in pregnancy. So I feel like Typhoid Mary right now. No work until rash is gone and at least a week of valtrex.

Can you tell I have cabin fever and am slowly going nuts ;-)? Lol, at least it is not a cancer recurrence. Thank you all for so kindly asking about me. I love you all!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Shingles suck!
    However, anything but cancer is most often a huge relief for us. Which is kinda weird, isn't it?

By now, several days later, am hoping the Valtrex has kicked in... And that the pain has lessened.

Take good care of yourself.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: My Mom is currently dealing with shingles. Broke out the week after completing her full course of rads. And one of my closest friends, several years ago - same for her. Neither had chemo in between surgery & rads.

Eileen i am very sorry
    Sorry, it is always something. I am sure you want to be pain-free!. Wishing your pain subsides and is going
    Hugs
    New Flower
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member

Eileen i am very sorry
    Sorry, it is always something. I am sure you want to be pain-free!. Wishing your pain subsides and is going
    Hugs
    New Flower

YAY!!!!
    Happy to hear it's shingles. Thank God!!!

Praying for your pain to subside.

{{{Hugs}}}
    Mitzi