PLEASE HELP

IAMNOTSURE
IAMNOTSURE Member Posts: 2
I AM 49 YEARS OLD WOMEN WITH HISTORY OF CYSTIC BREAST. LAST WEEK I WENT FOR MY ANNUAL SONOGRAM AND MONOGRAM AND THEY FOUND A AREA ON MY RIGHT BREAST THAT LOOKED LIKE A COMPLEX CYST. I WAS TOLD THAT I NEED A NEEDLE BIOPSY. WHAT IS THE CHANCE THAT WILL BE BREAST CANCER
PLEASE HELP

Comments

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Cyst
    I am not qualified to take that guess but I do know that many biopsys come back perfectly clear. Everyone is different and our breasts are also, some women regularly have non cancerous cysts. Please don't worry. It may be nothing and if it is something than it sounds like you had regular checkups so caught early. Let the docs do their thing and keep us posted, we will be here to help whenever you need.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    eihtak said:

Cyst
    I am not qualified to take that guess but I do know that many biopsys come back perfectly clear. Everyone is different and our breasts are also, some women regularly have non cancerous cysts. Please don't worry. It may be nothing and if it is something than it sounds like you had regular checkups so caught early. Let the docs do their thing and keep us posted, we will be here to help whenever you need.

Well for most of us posting
    Well for most of us posting it was cancer but there are lots of people for whom it wasnt. so hang in there. there is a good chance you are fine . keep us posted! and hugs
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    dont' know % by any means
    dont' know % by any means but I do have cousin who had biopsy and just dense breat tissue and they are keeping close eye on her / she is under 50...so far all it good

Denise
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I have read that 80% of all
    I have read that 80% of all biopsies are benigh so the odds are in favor of it not being cancerous with the stats for all combined. However when individual it is either 0% or 100% - as 'you' either will be positive or not as one can't be 80% negative and 20% positive, it's an either/or situtation.
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Rague said:

I have read that 80% of all biopsies are benigh so the odds are in favor of it not being cancerous with the stats for all combined. However when individual it is either 0% or 100% - as 'you' either will be positive or not as one can't be 80% negative and 20% positive, it's an either/or situtation.

biopsy
    I don't know the exact percentages, but I think it's about 80% OK & 20% not benign.
    I have had 2 biopsies--not the most pleasant experience, but, by far, not the worst
    experience that I have had. The techs/docs are great--they wouldn't be doing the job
    if they didn't want to. So, it's definitely doable to find out for sure. Wishing you the best of luck...
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Tux said:

biopsy
    I don't know the exact percentages, but I think it's about 80% OK & 20% not benign.
    I have had 2 biopsies--not the most pleasant experience, but, by far, not the worst
    experience that I have had. The techs/docs are great--they wouldn't be doing the job
    if they didn't want to. So, it's definitely doable to find out for sure. Wishing you the best of luck...

Biopsy
    I don't percentages either but it's always better to know these things. Even if it turns out to be breast cancer, it would be early and probably very treatable. Try to remember that you don't anything right now and try not to worry. We'll be thinking of you. Keep us posted.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Pam5 said:

Biopsy
    I don't percentages either but it's always better to know these things. Even if it turns out to be breast cancer, it would be early and probably very treatable. Try to remember that you don't anything right now and try not to worry. We'll be thinking of you. Keep us posted.

Iamnotsosure ...
    How are you doing? Any updates? We are thinking about you. Please update
    us when possible.

Gentle hugs for you.

Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Rague said:

Praying that it will be
    Praying that it will be benign.

Hugs, Kylez