Blake and his condition

tommycat
tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
Contacted Buckwirth/Blake's sister this morning and heard back from her this afternoon. She--a very nice woman--said Blake was was very weak and in hospice, and was off all media. However, I just received a second message from her and here it is:

"I just spoke with him and he was very weak, I told him I spoke with you and he said that you may pass this information along. Again, I am hoping that he will be able to get on the internet one more time before he is too weak. Thanks Tori to you and all the folks that have been Blake's friends over the last 2 years, I know that all of you have meant a great deal to him. It has kept him going this long, and we are thankful for that!"

Comments

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Oh No
    When he didn't post for a while I didn't know what to think. Blake has been a very, very good friend to me in my journey with George.

Hang in there buddy, I miss you. Post if you can.

Hugs - Tina
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Praying for him and his
    Praying for him and his family.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Damn Cancer!
    Sorry to hear this. Thanks for the update TC
    -p
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    This is so very sad, thank
    This is so very sad, thank you for updating us. I pray for strength for them all :(

**** cancer :(
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Oh No x 2
    Thanks, Tori for the information and the post.

This sort of stunned me actually. I just got in and logged on and wham right in the face. I know it has been rough for him for awhile...at one point, I was going to tell him that I suspected he was not telling us "everything. But, I held back, because I saw a couple of posts he did that were well written and took my eye off the ball and thought things had stabilized.

When we didn't see him on some recent posts (the kind he likes), several of us had "I Wonder" thoughts. Dadgum it!!!! This is upsetting.

Blake - we're all with you, man...we look forward to hearing from you when you can. You just rest and gather your strength - the waiting room here will be full when you get back:)

"Say it ain't so, Joe."

Just say it ain't so:(

Thinking of you and your family during this time, brother - you've always been cool to me and treated me kindly...it took me awhile to figure you out and "get you." Once I did, I could see the real you - and you're a good dude - you've been a big help to many here and I just wanted to say thank you for that.

And thank you to your sister for passing along this information to Tori - when one of us hurts - the entire community feels it. "And we feel you."

-Craig
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Oh dear, I had a feeling

Oh dear, I had a feeling something was very wrong. :-( Blake, you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Cynthia

(Tori, thank you for posting...)
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Oh dear, I had a feeling

Oh dear, I had a feeling something was very wrong. :-( Blake, you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Cynthia

(Tori, thank you for posting...)

I feel really sad , he is a very special guy!
    Blake I'm praying for a recovery , would like to hear your stories many more times!
    Now rest and get the strength you need to be with us whenever you can!
    Una abraçada amic meu!
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Tori
    Thank you for reaching out to Blake's sister and giving us an update, even though it is not the news we were hoping for.

Dear Blake,

If wishes and hopes could bring a cure, you would be on top of the world, as we all are sending all we can your way.

Hugs in bunches,

Marie who loves kitties
  • lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    Thanks Tommycat. I have
    Thanks Tommycat. I have been wondering about him for awhile, not like him to not show up here. He has been through so much the last few months. Dang anyway. I'm tired of this kind of news. Blake, hope you're resting comfortably. I'm thinking of you.
    Laura
  • Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

Dear Tori
    Thank you for reaching out to Blake's sister and giving us an update, even though it is not the news we were hoping for.

Dear Blake,

If wishes and hopes could bring a cure, you would be on top of the world, as we all are sending all we can your way.

Hugs in bunches,

Marie who loves kitties

Thank you

Thank you, Tori, for reaching out. Thank you to Blake's sister for responding. Most especially, thank you Blake for all of the support you have offered on this board the past two years. May you feel that support returned a hundredfold now. You are in my heart and prayer.

Gratefully,
    Cathleen Mary
  • Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

Dear Tori

Dear Blake,

Hugs in bunches,

Marie who loves kitties

Thank you

Thank you, Tori, for reaching out. Thank you to Blake's sister for responding. Most especially, thank you Blake for all of the support you have offered on this board the past two years. May you feel that support returned a hundredfold now. You are in my heart and prayer.

Gratefully,
    Cathleen Mary
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    I am so sorry to read this.
    I am so sorry to read this. Blake, I am praying for you and yours. Words don't come to me tonight. I hate this freakin disease.
    God Bless,
    Judy
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    jjaj133 said:

I am so sorry to read this.
    I am so sorry to read this. Blake, I am praying for you and yours. Words don't come to me tonight. I hate this freakin disease.
    God Bless,
    Judy

Sparks galore
    being sent your way dear Blake. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you for your presence here on this board. I learned a lot from you.

Peace to you and yours.
    -Pat
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Jaylo969 said:

Sparks galore
    being sent your way dear Blake. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you for your presence here on this board. I learned a lot from you.

Peace to you and yours.
    -Pat

Thank You, TC
    Thank you for reaching out to Blake's sister. I, too, have been wondering about his condition and am so sorry to hear that he is not doing well. He has always been a good friend and so knowledgeable.

Blake, you are in my thoughts. Hope you are resting comfortably and will regain strength to communicate and keep us all in line here.

Luv Ya,

Wolfen
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear
    I'm so sorry to hear this...peace and comfort to Blake and his family.

Gail
  • here4lfe
    here4lfe Member Posts: 306 Member
    Sorry to hear
    He's been off the net and he's been missed.

Best
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    praying extra hard
    So sad to hear that Blake is having a hard time. We are all really upset that this keeps happening we are going to pray extra hard. Rest and get better we're all here for you. Jeff
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Wishing you a peaceful journey
    Oh,me. I hate to read this. Blake, I hope you're able to either read the posts or have them read to you, so you will know that you have meant a lot to us here.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Blake
    Oh H@ll, we can't have the yin without the yang!!! So get your butt well and get back here. You know I need my buddies.
    Winter Marie
  • k1
    k1 Member Posts: 220 Member
    Thanks for being here
    May the road rise up to meet you, Blake. Peace on your journey.

K1