just dropping by

dixchi
dixchi Member Posts: 431
hi everybody, it is good to see so many of you still around and sad to see some are not.
I first started on the disc. board in 2008 when my stage 2 colon cancer had gone to my
liver and i had surgery and chemo, thot i was headed to the great beyond and by golly i
am still here in 2012....the marvels of modern med. My story goes back to 2004 with my
first colon resection. Still doing ok, see my onc. every three months, scans every 6 months,
a few nasty little lung nodules are showing up and i will get a PET scan in June to see if
they light up but so far they are doing nothing but sitting there.

Last year I had planned a trip to Montana, always wanted to see Big Sky country, and was
thrown for a loop a couple days before leaving with pain in my right side, throwing up
and brown urine, a little fever......turned out to be a bile duct stone, NOT cancer,
but had a ERCP where they go down your throat and clean all the stuff out and widen
the opening so any other stones flow out easier. Spent night in hospital since the
procedure may cause pancreatitis but cleared that hurdle and no problems since then.

My dog Kelsie now has melanoma in her jaw, believe it or not. Am taking her to a
vet oncologist where she gets the same vaccine that people are getting now. Have had
to puree her food in blender and found out that a large tumor is on her tonsil. This
is being removed tomorrow.

It is difficult to see her in pain and it has been a real dilemma in decision making
about treatment or not. But she still does get some enjoyment out of life and it seems
a reason to keep her around as long as she is getting some joy.

So the problems come and go and somehow we do get through, over or past them and proceed
on. There is great reason for all of us who struggle with this disease to have a whole
lot of hope and belief.

Comments

• John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    Wouldn't it be wonderful....

If there was some other way; some non-toxic, natural way
    to fight cancer?

Wouldn't it be great, if there was some more natural way to get
    the immune system to fight tumors, dissolve "stones", and
    totally avoid the perils of toxic chemicals used in present-day
    accepted medical health practices?

Something perhaps, that's been practiced for a few thousand
    years or more, and continues being practiced in some of the
    finest hospitals in other nations?

Yup, it sure would be nice!

Best of health to you! May you see many, many more years
    of good health!

John
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    John23 said:

If there was some other way; some non-toxic, natural way
    to fight cancer?

Wouldn't it be great, if there was some more natural way to get
    the immune system to fight tumors, dissolve "stones", and
    totally avoid the perils of toxic chemicals used in present-day
    accepted medical health practices?

Something perhaps, that's been practiced for a few thousand
    years or more, and continues being practiced in some of the
    finest hospitals in other nations?

Yup, it sure would be nice!

Best of health to you! May you see many, many more years
    of good health!

John

hello
    i remember you and yes i am still around but now with mets to my liver(those are gone for now) and i also am fighting with mets to both of my lungs.good to see you and i am glad you are doing well....Godbless...johnnybegood
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Hi DixChi
    I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. Things are always changing on this site. Unfortunately the past year seems to have been tougher than many other years I've seen. It's great that you got good care when you needed it and were able to TCB (as Elvis used to say) and that you're enjoying life.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, pets become such a part of our lives. The (usually) don't argue with us either! Being a cat owner I had to include the word "usually" in there!

Thanks for stopping by. I think it's very important for those who have beaten cancer to pop in and let others know. The more who do that, the more we can learn about how they accomplished it and it can help encourage others. I can understand how some never want to be reminded of it but I feel we have an obligation to help support others. Just my take on it, everyone does what works for them...
    All the best
    -phil
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    PhillieG said:

Hi DixChi
    I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. Things are always changing on this site. Unfortunately the past year seems to have been tougher than many other years I've seen. It's great that you got good care when you needed it and were able to TCB (as Elvis used to say) and that you're enjoying life.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, pets become such a part of our lives. The (usually) don't argue with us either! Being a cat owner I had to include the word "usually" in there!

Thanks for stopping by. I think it's very important for those who have beaten cancer to pop in and let others know. The more who do that, the more we can learn about how they accomplished it and it can help encourage others. I can understand how some never want to be reminded of it but I feel we have an obligation to help support others. Just my take on it, everyone does what works for them...
    All the best
    -phil

I agree with your last
    I agree with your last comment Phil. I feel that I had to go throught this and survived this long for a reason. I believe that reason is to help others in that are in the same boat.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member

I agree with your last
    I agree with your last comment Phil. I feel that I had to go throught this and survived this long for a reason. I believe that reason is to help others in that are in the same boat.

Mr Anderson
    You're a good man Mr Anderson...
    :-)
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    PhillieG said:

Mr Anderson
    You're a good man Mr Anderson...
    :-)

hellloooo
    how very nice to see you dixchi.....yes there are some of us left still kickin around here.

I too am sorry to hear about your dog....i know how tough that can be with our pets.

glad you are doing well.....

maggie
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    maglets said:

hellloooo
    how very nice to see you dixchi.....yes there are some of us left still kickin around here.

I too am sorry to hear about your dog....i know how tough that can be with our pets.

glad you are doing well.....

maggie

Yes, thank you for your
    Yes, thank you for your update. Good to hear it.
    But, so sorry about your precious dog, that is so hard, i know.
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    janie1 said:

Yes, thank you for your
    Yes, thank you for your update. Good to hear it.
    But, so sorry about your precious dog, that is so hard, i know.

Hi Dix!...
    So very good to see and hear from you!!! Thanks for stopping by and sharing you with us!

Jennie
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    great your doing good
    Thanks sharing your encouraging news pray you have many more great years and your cat gets well soon. Jeff
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Hi!
    Good to hear from you and to know you're doing so well. So sorry about your dog and hoping she will be okay.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Hi dixchi
    Hi dixchi,
    It is good to hear from you. :) Thanks for coming on and saying hi. So sorry to hear about you dog. I know our two dogs have been so very important to **** these past 3.5 years. They are so loyal.

Take care.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Varmint5
    Varmint5 Member Posts: 384 Member
    So glad to hear from you
    I don't know you but I'm so glad to hear you are doing well and still here. I love hearing these happy stories. It gives me such hope for my daughter (age 33, stage IV, new mommy). I'm sorry about your dog Kelsie and hope she got relief from the tumor being removed.

Sandy
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member

I agree with your last

janderson1964
    We are definately ned for a reason. I'M 2 years out and now a caregiver for my wife who has beginning alheimers(sp). We are both in our late 70's and soon to celebrate our 55 wedding anniversary. So life is good.