A lot going on.........

Lighthouse_7
Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
I'm sorry if I've missed any birthdays or words of encouragement. My brother and mom were in a bad car accident. My brother was med flighted to Boston and is touch and go. My 81 year old mom has broken all her ribs and already has a lung disease, so she's also in ICU.
My brother passed out and went head on into a tractor trailer.

The few times that I check in I usually just try to answer the most important posts. I want to thank all of you who said you were riding the pink bus with me on Friday the 13th. If I can still make my appointment, I will feel each and every one of you there with me.

Love you all and I'll check in when I can.
God Bless,
Wanda

Comments

• SlowRollin
    SlowRollin Member Posts: 75
    Happy Easter!
    Good Morning Ms. Wanda,

Sorry to hear about the accident; I pray your brother and mother both recover.

I've been limiting my time on these boards because I get overwhelmed at this point. My wife just finished her six months of chemo and we're looking at surgery next. Three weeks ago, my beautiful cousin was in a car accident in New Jersey and she passed last week. You're right, there is a lot going on.

I pray your able to make your appointment and everything settles out a little. Keep us posted when you can!

Tony
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

Happy Easter!
    Good Morning Ms. Wanda,

I've been limiting my time on these boards because I get overwhelmed at this point. My wife just finished her six months of chemo and we're looking at surgery next. Three weeks ago, my beautiful cousin was in a car accident in New Jersey and she passed last week. You're right, there is a lot going on.

I pray your able to make your appointment and everything settles out a little. Keep us posted when you can!

Tony

Yikes
    You're in my thoughts and prayers.

xo
    Victoria

p.s. I sent you something snail mail:)
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

Happy Easter!
    Good Morning Ms. Wanda,

Tony

We're thinking
    We're thinking of you,your mom and brother.This is very hard on you now and we understand you won't be able to post much.Praying both will be fine and come out with no other problems.

I haven't had anyone in my family be involved in a serious accident but near my house we've had 6 people killed at the same location in less than 7 years.Just 3 weeks ago 2 were killed there.Going by and see the crosses is hard. Still people drive crazy knowing it is a bad curve.

Hope you don't have to delay your appt.I know the anticipation we all go through when getting tests etc done.We want it done and over with.We look forward to dancing with NED.

Thoughts and Prayers to you,your bother and mom. I'm Hoping they'll both be home soon.

Lynn Smith
  • eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    More than a lot going on...
    You have more than a lot going on!! Of course the bus will be full and you and your family will be in my prayers. My daughter was air lifted after a serious car accident several years ago, and sometimes I cry when I think about that time in my families lives. She is alive and well with scars, but doing great. Keep in touch as life allows at this time. As always, all in my prayers.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    eihtak said:

More than a lot going on...
    You have more than a lot going on!! Of course the bus will be full and you and your family will be in my prayers. My daughter was air lifted after a serious car accident several years ago, and sometimes I cry when I think about that time in my families lives. She is alive and well with scars, but doing great. Keep in touch as life allows at this time. As always, all in my prayers.

Payers...
    Prayers for full recovery for your Mother and brother.....and for you... We'll be on the bus for you!

God Bless...
    Hugs, Nancy
  • Lighthouse_7
    MAJW said:

Payers...
    Prayers for full recovery for your Mother and brother.....and for you... We'll be on the bus for you!

God Bless...
    Hugs, Nancy

Thank you all so much. I'm
    Thank you all so much. I'm rushing back to my mom, we started her on comfort of care. The whole family is at her bedside and we had the room filled with the music of Andrea Boccelli. Her fight is over and I'm okay with that since I have known her wishes for a long time and am her health care proxy. I guess I needed to share this with all of you because it comforts me to know you are there.

My brother will have another surgery this morning and is still on a ventilator. We have had to split the family so someone will be there with him today. God bless us all because you never know what a day will bring when you wake up and think it's just an ordinary day. I need strength so much right now because going between the two hospitals and running on little sleep is getting hard. I will be okay and I love you all for being there and please say some prayers for my mom and brother.

Wanda
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Wanda, so sorru about your mom!
    Wishing her and the rest of your family peace. (I hope she surprised you all) Also praying for your brother

Jennifer
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Prayers on their way
    Oh no! So sorry to hear about mother and brother being in an accident. Will see a prayer they both heal and have a uneventful recovery.

Hugs.
    Ines
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Prayers on their way
    Oh no! So sorry to hear about mother and brother being in an accident. Will see a prayer they both heal and have a uneventful recovery.

Hugs.
    Ines

Wanda I am so sorry to hear
    Wanda I am so sorry to hear this news. Praying for you all.
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    carkris said:

Wanda I am so sorry to hear
    Wanda I am so sorry to hear this news. Praying for you all.

Wow
    You've got a lot on your plate. So sorry to hear this news. Sending hugs and prayers for you and your family.

suzanne
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Thank you all so much. I'm
    Thank you all so much. I'm rushing back to my mom, we started her on comfort of care. The whole family is at her bedside and we had the room filled with the music of Andrea Boccelli. Her fight is over and I'm okay with that since I have known her wishes for a long time and am her health care proxy. I guess I needed to share this with all of you because it comforts me to know you are there.

My brother will have another surgery this morning and is still on a ventilator. We have had to split the family so someone will be there with him today. God bless us all because you never know what a day will bring when you wake up and think it's just an ordinary day. I need strength so much right now because going between the two hospitals and running on little sleep is getting hard. I will be okay and I love you all for being there and please say some prayers for my mom and brother.

Wanda

I am so sorry Wanda and am
    I am so sorry Wanda and am sending prayers for your family.

Sue :(
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544

Wow
    You've got a lot on your plate. So sorry to hear this news. Sending hugs and prayers for you and your family.

suzanne

Lot going on
    Sorry to hear of your family's accident; hope everyone is recovering OK.
    (((Hugs))) and prayers headed your way!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Tux said:

Lot going on
    Sorry to hear of your family's accident; hope everyone is recovering OK.
    (((Hugs))) and prayers headed your way!

Wanda,
    My prayers are with

Wanda,
    My prayers are with you and the family. This is so sad to hear. Hoping that your brother's surgery goes well and he has a complete recovery. And gentle thoughts for your mom. My heart just goes out to you. Beaming you strength, love and hope.
    Stef
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    fauxma said:

Wanda,
    My prayers are with

Wanda,
    My prayers are with you and the family. This is so sad to hear. Hoping that your brother's surgery goes well and he has a complete recovery. And gentle thoughts for your mom. My heart just goes out to you. Beaming you strength, love and hope.
    Stef

Wanda, my heart aches for you right now
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Renee
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    missrenee said:

Wanda, my heart aches for you right now
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Renee

Wanda,
    My love and prayers go out to you and your family. Be sure and surround your brother with so much love, he will need that strength to carry him through the guilt of being a survivor. God Bless you all ~

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

Wanda,
    My love and prayers go out to you and your family. Be sure and surround your brother with so much love, he will need that strength to carry him through the guilt of being a survivor. God Bless you all ~

Hugs,
    Lorrie

Prayers
    Wanda, I'm so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hugs and God Bless you,

Dawne
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member

Prayers
    Wanda, I'm so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hugs and God Bless you,

Dawne

I'm so sorry
    My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Hugs, Debi
  • Lighthouse_7
    debi.18 said:

I'm so sorry
    My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Hugs, Debi

Lorrie,
    You are so correct

Lorrie,
    You are so correct about survivors guilt. My mom went with the angels tonight at about 5:20. She is at peace.
    My brother will need a lot of love and comfort.
    Thanks to everyone.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161
    Sorry to hear the news about
    Sorry to hear the news about your brother and mother. I will be praying for you and your family.
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Cinkal said:

Sorry to hear the news about
    Sorry to hear the news about your brother and mother. I will be praying for you and your family.

Prayers and Hugs~
    Wanda, you must be worn out! Take care of yourself through this process~ what a wonderful daughter to be so vigilant by your moms bedside. When we only have hours left to spend with the ones we love, we just stop everything else and let that time be precious to us. Praying your brother will get stronger as the days go on. You are such a supportive sister.
    Take care~ Melanie