FYI:"Biomarkers for Poor Response to EGFR Colorectal Cancer Found"....KRAS wild-update on mutated Kr

coloCan
coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
edited April 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
An Italian research group "believes it may have identified several biomarkers that can predict lack of response to anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) therapy in patients with K-RAS wild-type colorectal cancer (CRC)", those markers being:human epidermal growth factor receptor-3( HER-3); insulin-like growth factor-1(IGF-1);nuclear factor-KB (NF-kB); and EGFR gene copy number(EGFR GCN)..........found at

clinicaloncology.com

this date

Does this mean anything now or is more confirmation needed? Are conclusions valid?

Also,check out this article on addition of interleukin2 and retinoic acid, which appears to be effective in CRC,among other types of cancer:

drugs.com/news/immune-based-combo-might-extend-cancer-survival-37350.html

Comments

• pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    first to reply again
    thank steve,

nearly 44 percent of those with colorectal cancer were alive as compared with about 12 percent in an average population

just fantastic,

now where can i buy some il2 as i have heaps of carrot juice.

http://products.creative-biolabs.com/symbolsearch_Il2.htm?gclid=CI-XxqOqm68CFUlNpgodKm_sBw

now 25% off for bulk orders, pm me if you are keen. only joking, i will use all the il2 for myself.

hugs,
    pete
  • coloCan

first to reply again
    thank steve,

nearly 44 percent of those with colorectal cancer were alive as compared with about 12 percent in an average population

just fantastic,

now where can i buy some il2 as i have heaps of carrot juice.

http://products.creative-biolabs.com/symbolsearch_Il2.htm?gclid=CI-XxqOqm68CFUlNpgodKm_sBw

now 25% off for bulk orders, pm me if you are keen. only joking, i will use all the il2 for myself.

hugs,
    pete

And for those with mutated KRAS,this just out:
    Researchers uncover a viable way for colorectal patients to overcome drug resistance" at:

eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-04/fccc-rua032912.php

about a new drug:ARI-4175

Here's another "discovery" involving a gene called MAP3K7 or TAK1 involved with mutated KRAS:

eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-04/bumc-tff040312.php

And why, for resected Stage III " Cetuximab falls short as add-on....."at:

medpagetoday.com/HematologyOncology/ColonCancer/32008

By now you probably know the results at Phase III for Perifosine were no better than using a placebo......If interested, try searching for LOR-253, which has rec'd positive talk thus far...

Here's a bit more on IL2:medicalnewstoday.com/printerfriendlynews.php?newsid=243073

(and to all's relief, i now go to lunch)
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    coloCan said:

Researchers uncover a viable way for colorectal patients to overcome drug resistance" at:

Here's another "discovery" involving a gene called MAP3K7 or TAK1 involved with mutated KRAS:

By now you probably know the results at Phase III for Perifosine were no better than using a placebo......If interested, try searching for LOR-253, which has rec'd positive talk thus far...

Here's a bit more on IL2:medicalnewstoday.com/printerfriendlynews.php?newsid=243073

Hi Steve, You know, I'm

Hi Steve, You know, I'm always hopeful that when I open your post it will boldly state - "Cure for Colon Cancer Found!". Until that day, I just wanted to thank you for keeping us informed on the latest news, it's really truly appreciated. :-)

All my best, Cynthia
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    coloCan said:

as a mutamy i will check it out
    I am off camping for a few weeks doing the began hippie bush beach lifestyle.
    I will try and forget the bad and FOCUS MORE ON THE THINGS I CONTROL.

be good Steve, and keep the good news flowing.

Hugs,
    Pete
  • coloCan

as a mutamy i will check it out
    I am off camping for a few weeks doing the began hippie bush beach lifestyle.
    I will try and forget the bad and FOCUS MORE ON THE THINGS I CONTROL.

be good Steve, and keep the good news flowing.

Hugs,
    Pete

Another new drug to add to Erbitux if mutated Kras,ARI-4175
    described at:medicalnewstoday.com/releases/243806.php