Anyone with tumor/vision issues due to pressure?

stacy0611
stacy0611 Member Posts: 14
What a day!

I had a 2 hour check up with the eye Dr. today. My NO looked at MRI Wed and suggested I see an eye Dr. as soon as I could. We haven't been able to pinpoint the issue yet, but we think I am having pressure issues. Severe headaches, jaw pressure, loss of feeling in affected side of face, and some vision issues. I am having a spinal tap to verify pressure and look for any infections in about 10 days.

Eye dr. found cataracts (I'm 43) and optical nerve change in my right eye (affected side).
Has anyone had a spinal before to verify this issue? I'm at a loss...it's seems like one thing after another. MRI shows what could be progression to a Gr 3/4 or radiation necrosis. We have to verify with another MRI (I am allergic to contrast)or biopsy. Not too keen on the biopsy idea - already had one last June.

Any info on the pressure would be great!

Thanks!
Stacy

Comments

• tristen1230
    tristen1230 Member Posts: 2
    Dad
    My dad had lung cancer in early 2010 and got it tooken out. In about July 2011 he got in a car accident. Never got in a car accident for 35 plus years and all of a sudden he got into at least 4 within 2 months. We though it was one of his pills so we told him not to drive. One day I saw him having a seizure called an ambulance and they came and took a cat scan and confirmed he had a brain tumor. A neurosurgeon in Kingston General told us that the tumor was on the left side of his brain and around the eye part and due to pressure it first caused him to have that seizure and second the accidents. My dad was also allergic to die and would break out into little red bumps. Doctors told him it was fine since it wasn't anything very bad the reaction.
  • connsteele
    connsteele Member Posts: 232
    vision problems due to pressure
    Sorry to hear of these new problems. Sure hope they resolve themselves soon. After our son's surgical biopsy in April 2011, he complained of double vision. He went to a neuro-opthalmologist who prescribed glasses with prisms. That really has helped.

Don't know if this would apply to your situation but thought I'd pass the along the info anyway.

Connie
  • stacy0611
    stacy0611 Member Posts: 14

vision problems due to pressure
    Sorry to hear of these new problems. Sure hope they resolve themselves soon. After our son's surgical biopsy in April 2011, he complained of double vision. He went to a neuro-opthalmologist who prescribed glasses with prisms. That really has helped.

Don't know if this would apply to your situation but thought I'd pass the along the info anyway.

Connie

vision issues
    Thanks for the quick comments!

Although I know it's not the case, this whole cancer thing can be a very lonely place. I will be able to talk to Mayo again in one week, when I go for a spinal tap. I am really hoping for some news. The headaches are the thing that is affecting day to day life in a significant way right now.

Thanks again for the comments, it's great to have ideas to explore!

Bessings,
    Stacy
  • kulaken
    kulaken Member Posts: 14
    tumor presser
    Hi Stacy :
    I was diagnosed with a brain tumor on my right visual lobe , with plenty edema , i was started on Dexamethasone , ( Decadron) ,, to help reduce the swelling of the edema , it did help with the eyesight to some extent ,, it also helped with other side affects i was having ,, but Warning ,, this steroid has some wicked side affects,,

Good luck ,, Ken
  • corry1964
    corry1964 Member Posts: 4
    Vision and jaw pressure
    I had blurred vision and horrific jaw pressure, constantly bitting down. I always had gum in my mouth to have something to absorb the pressure. After having my AA3 removed, all the pressure is gone.
  • kulaken
    kulaken Member Posts: 14
    kulaken said:

tumor presser
    Hi Stacy :
    I was diagnosed with a brain tumor on my right visual lobe , with plenty edema , i was started on Dexamethasone , ( Decadron) ,, to help reduce the swelling of the edema , it did help with the eyesight to some extent ,, it also helped with other side affects i was having ,, but Warning ,, this steroid has some wicked side affects,,

Good luck ,, Ken

pressure:
    Hi Stacy :

Since my last response , i was tapered off the dexamethasone , was off it for 3 weeks , feeling Great, felt like i was winning the battle , then out of the blue i had a major seizure, hospitalized for a day , Mri showed the gama knife i went through didnt shrink the tumor much , but caused quite a bit of edema , i was mainlined decadron , and let go .. im feeling better now im back on the steroid , looks like im stuck with this med , i wish you all the best ,, hang in there ,,

KEN