Anyone diagnosed with first routing colonoscopy with no symptoms?

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone was diagnosed via their first routine colonoscopy at 50 with no symptoms. If so, would you be willing to please share your story? Thank you in advance. Best wishes to all!

Comments

• smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Well, I wasn't diagnosed
    Well, I wasn't diagnosed with colonoscopy, it was blood clots in my lungs that send me to hospital. Absolutely no symptoms of tumor till I was completely blocked. Colonoscopy found the blockage, pathology from sample taken at colonoscopy said pre-malignant, tumor the size of a fist and it came back pre-malignant....yeah right, surgery proved it to be stage 1V.
  • barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464
    Stage IV
    I was Stage I in 2008 and no symptoms other than mild crackling sound when I would lay down at night to sleep. Went for check il and cxr led to CT and pet scan. I have had 4 chemo infusions and had L lung lobectomy and lung wedge. Next week I have a thorocotomy to
    remove colon cancer met on liver as well as we've right lung tumors.
    Don't lose hope. Lots of support and help on this board and lots of Stage IV folks doing well here.
    Barb
  • barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464
    Stage IV
    I was Stage I in 2008 and no symptoms other than mild crackling sound when I would lay down at night to sleep. Went for check il and cxr led to CT and pet scan. I have had 4 chemo infusions and had L lung lobectomy and lung wedge. Next week I have a thorocotomy to
    remove colon cancer met on liver as well as we've right lung tumors.
    Don't lose hope. Lots of support and help on this board and lots of Stage IV folks doing well here.
    Barb
  • here4lfe
    here4lfe Member Posts: 306 Member
    Age 46
    My wife. Anemia. Stage 4
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Hi, I was diagnosed at 59
    Hi, I was diagnosed at 59 with a routine colonoscopy. No symptoms of any kind. I had a resection and chemo, then 5 years later, it was back in the liver. more chemo, and a liver resection. then about a year later, back in the liver. another resection and xeloda pills. I am currently waiting for a ct on the 16th. So its been an interesting journey, to say the least. But i am still here and lovin life. So its all good.
    Good Luck to you,
    Judy
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Hi
    Not me either. I was diagnosed when I was 46 during my yearly routine physical. My liver functions were elevated so we tested for gallstones first with a sonogram. The sonogram gave reason for a CT scan so I had that the same day. By 5pm on February 25, 2004 I got the call that I had stage IV Colon Cancer. No family history so no reason to have a colonoscopy prior to age 50, no noticible warning signs either.
  • tko683
    tko683 Member Posts: 264 Member
    My husband
    Hi,
    Yes, my husband was diagnosed with first routine colonoscopy at age 51, no symptoms. He had chemo, liver resection, radiation, and now is havimg more chemo as some new liver lesions have appeared. He was diagnosed in June of 2011. Lots of support on here. Best wishes to you.
  • Joy1216
    Joy1216 Member Posts: 290 Member
    Diagnosed after first colonoscopy
    I put off my first routine colonoscopy till I retired at age 56. I had absolutely no symptoms. Surprise, you have Stage I colon cancer! I had a colon resection, but no chemo or radiation. Six years later, I am NED (no evidence of disease). I tell my story to everyone I meet. Tonight at church a new friend told me that she scheduled her first routine colonoscopy for week after next because of me.
    Joy
  • Luckygirl2
    Luckygirl2 Member Posts: 308
    52and 1st
    Mine was anemia-at age 52. Stage IIIB. Surgery, chemo, now 10 months later CT and colonoscopy in next two weeks!
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    I got my fist colonoscopy at age 77 because i complained to my internest of too often diarrhea==no other symptoms. Ended up with stage 2 ah high end of rectum.After 5 weeks of radiation coupled with 5fu chemo administered with pump 24/7, had resection requiring ileostomy. 7 weeks with bag then reversal. Probably from loose staple developed fistula. 6more weeks with bag. Fistula healed itself from inside out. Now two years later live normal life with just occasional diarrhea. So we can get through it!!! Don't be afraid! you too can have a great outcome.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    danker said:

I got my fist colonoscopy at age 77 because i complained to my internest of too often diarrhea==no other symptoms. Ended up with stage 2 ah high end of rectum.After 5 weeks of radiation coupled with 5fu chemo administered with pump 24/7, had resection requiring ileostomy. 7 weeks with bag then reversal. Probably from loose staple developed fistula. 6more weeks with bag. Fistula healed itself from inside out. Now two years later live normal life with just occasional diarrhea. So we can get through it!!! Don't be afraid! you too can have a great outcome.

colonoscopy
    diagnosed with stage IIIB after first colonoscopy.....some constipation was only sign. I was 59 that was eight years ago. Resection, and two liver resections, lots of chemo and still going strong....stage IV can survive.....

mags