Port is out

Hello everyone hope everyone is doing good . Well last Friday jorge got his port taking out. part of me thinks its to soon for the port to come out but who am I just his wife I guess .Jorge's CEA is at 1.3 . But its so nice to see Jorge happy and Free for now. Hugs to everyone love you all Tina

Comments

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    That's great for your
    That's great for your husband. Tell him to enjoy the freedom. I can't wait to get mine out.

Jeff
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

That's great for your
    That's great for your husband. Tell him to enjoy the freedom. I can't wait to get mine out.

Jeff

Sounds wonderful he got his
    Sounds wonderful he got his port out. I'm wondering since I get treatment in Ontario too, who suggested he have his port taken out? Did Jorge request this, or did the oncologist say it was to be taken out?
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    smokeyjoe said:

Sounds wonderful he got his
    Sounds wonderful he got his port out. I'm wondering since I get treatment in Ontario too, who suggested he have his port taken out? Did Jorge request this, or did the oncologist say it was to be taken out?

smokeyjoe
    Smokeyjoe it was the Oncologist
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Hi Tina,
    It's nice to hear

Hi Tina,

It's nice to hear that Jorge is doing so well, I'm very happy for you both. :-)

All my best,
    Cynthia
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

Hi Tina,
    It's nice to hear

Hi Tina,

It's nice to hear that Jorge is doing so well, I'm very happy for you both. :-)

All my best,
    Cynthia

That's good. I'm
    That's good. I'm surprised. I know before I got my port my oncologist made some comment about the fact it could stay in for four years!!! Yikes.
  • Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    Excellent!
    I know how you feel about not wanting to take it out too soon... I worry that something could come up and not having the port could just prolong getting treatment. I think my husband would jump to get his taken out because he has had so much done in just over a year, he is just tired of it all and wants to feel normal again. That CEA is wonderful and I am so glad Jorge is happy. :)
    Brenda
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    it must feel good
    Having my port for so long I cant imagine how liberating it must feel not having it. Congrats Jorge enjoy the freedom. Jeff
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Great news getting the port out!
    Mine has been out for almost 4 years, but I still get pain from adhesions where the port was. So mine is definitely gone but not forgotten. (I had multiple complications with the placement of my port, resulting in excessive scarring, and thus ongoing pain.)

But yes, it is wonderful not having that lump under my skin and that little tube over my collarbone.

Wishing Jorge many years of good health!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Yay!
    This sounds fabulous to me!!!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Yay!
    This sounds fabulous to me!!!

*hugs*
    Gail

Great news Tina!
    Hugs to both.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    pepebcn said:

Great news Tina!
    Hugs to both.

good good
    Tina that is great.......movin on

mags
  • lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    It's nice to hear Jorge is
    It's nice to hear Jorge is confident to have his port out and feels a sense of freedom. Mine, I plan to keep for awhile but that's just me. I had so many problems with it in the beginning and now I hear that it's one of the best functioning ports the nurses have ever seen. After a rocky start, I made friends with the port just as I have Norma, my temporary stoma. (She doesn't know she's going back inside soon.) Yeah, I know I sound crazy, but preschool teachers have a tendencey to personify objects:)

So happy things are going well.
    Love and light to you.
    Laura
  • Luckygirl2
    Luckygirl2 Member Posts: 308
    Port
    Great news on port removal and CEA level! Not sure when they will take mine out but I'm looking forward to it! Can't sleep on my right side because it seems everything on the left side feels like it sliding over. :). Can't sleep on my left because of the port and I'm not a back sleeper! :)
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Wonderful news!
    Wonderful news! Congratulations on the good news. Enjoy,
    Judy
  • rlridings
    rlridings Member Posts: 42
    port out
    good for him - the power of positive thinking that he won't need it again