new thoughts and issues

2»

Comments

• WinneyPooh
    WinneyPooh Member Posts: 318
    John, your issues are not the end of your world
    John, I have so many pooping issues it is sick, heck just last week i was pumping gas and my bowels just let loose and i had to continue pumping gas with runny poop all over my legs. Some times the doctors have no idea how bad we have it. I look very normal and healthy and my cancer still active and chemo every three weeks is for the most part ok. Most side effects are within the first week following Chemo. I to am broke and have no money for treatments, I have to have mine at the regional hospital and my doctor sees me for free. My point is don't give up and don't worry about the money, find a new doctor, the american cancer society has gas cards for gas to treatments, and this will help. Also ask if you can go to an every three week treatment schedule, this helped me ( they don't do this because it is not protocal, but if your cancer stays under control it should not matter if you do chemo every three weeks instead of every two weeks.) As far as keeping food from running thru you, Greek Yogurt, is what helps me and a little 420,. I hope you find the help you need.

Penny
  • joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493

John, I have so many pooping issues it is sick, heck just last week i was pumping gas and my bowels just let loose and i had to continue pumping gas with runny poop all over my legs. Some times the doctors have no idea how bad we have it. I look very normal and healthy and my cancer still active and chemo every three weeks is for the most part ok. Most side effects are within the first week following Chemo. I to am broke and have no money for treatments, I have to have mine at the regional hospital and my doctor sees me for free. My point is don't give up and don't worry about the money, find a new doctor, the american cancer society has gas cards for gas to treatments, and this will help. Also ask if you can go to an every three week treatment schedule, this helped me ( they don't do this because it is not protocal, but if your cancer stays under control it should not matter if you do chemo every three weeks instead of every two weeks.) As far as keeping food from running thru you, Greek Yogurt, is what helps me and a little 420,. I hope you find the help you need.

Penny

Greek Yogurt and 420
    i had to google the 420 and it took me a minute... but yes, 420 and some other cookies that guys at work make for me are amazing.

better than ANY nausea meds i've taken.

thanks for sharing.

Joe
  • druidshadow
    druidshadow Member Posts: 85

Penny

thank you
    thank you for the advice and where would i apply for the gas card?
    the 420 i use when i can find and afford it cause it is not exactly legal here in the lovely state of alabama.
    john
  • WinneyPooh

thank you
    the 420 i use when i can find and afford it cause it is not exactly legal here in the lovely state of alabama.
    john

gas card
    John, you should be able to call the american cancer society in your area and someone there should be of help, my doctors office social worker helped me, have a great day, penny
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member

thank you
    john

NCI Center
    Hi John,

So sorry you are having to go through stuff that you should not be having to endure.When I saw your comments about "the lovely state of Alabama" I had to chuckle. I too live in this lovely, but somewhat backward state ( my opinion only...no offense to anyone). I have been fortunate in that I live close to Birmingham and there are some very good cancer centers here. UAB is a NCI Center and St.Vincent's and Brookwood both have very fine cancer centers.I don't know where you live but I am assuming that the 2 hour drive you mentioned was to Birmingham?I would suggest you try talking to a social worker if there is one available there and see if they can help you to find funding to get to a better health facility.

I didn't google 420 but I am assuming it is mj? Unfortunately you go to jail here for that and jail and cancer don't mix.

I am wishing you the best. If you have any questions about any of the facilities here or need me to check out any info for you send me a PM or a shout out on this site.
  • WinneyPooh
    Jaylo969 said:

NCI Center
    Hi John,

So sorry you are having to go through stuff that you should not be having to endure.When I saw your comments about "the lovely state of Alabama" I had to chuckle. I too live in this lovely, but somewhat backward state ( my opinion only...no offense to anyone). I have been fortunate in that I live close to Birmingham and there are some very good cancer centers here. UAB is a NCI Center and St.Vincent's and Brookwood both have very fine cancer centers.I don't know where you live but I am assuming that the 2 hour drive you mentioned was to Birmingham?I would suggest you try talking to a social worker if there is one available there and see if they can help you to find funding to get to a better health facility.

I didn't google 420 but I am assuming it is mj? Unfortunately you go to jail here for that and jail and cancer don't mix.

I am wishing you the best. If you have any questions about any of the facilities here or need me to check out any info for you send me a PM or a shout out on this site.

Jail
    Not to steal Johns post, but I think it is insane we have to worry about using something which is illegal but very much the best remedy for us. I know I would be lost on chemo days without it.
    I wish I lived in a state smart enough to realize the benefits.
    P.