Glenna M, medi and mamacita

Dan620
Dan620 Member Posts: 220
Glenna, medi and mamacita... it's been awhile since we have heard from you Ladies and wanted you to know you have been missed. Hope and pray all is well. ..... Dan

Comments

• medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member
    ;)
    Ahhhhh Dan...
    Thanks and Cheers!
    Medi
  • lekkerone
    lekkerone Member Posts: 199 Member
    Glenna and mamacita
    They are both my friends on Facebook and seem to be doing well and in good spirits. I will tell them they are missed. Diane
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    lekkerone said:

Glenna and mamacita
    They are both my friends on Facebook and seem to be doing well and in good spirits. I will tell them they are missed. Diane

Thank you Dan....
    Thank you for the sweet note, it made my week!!! Things have been a little hectic and I will post later to explain my whole situation but for now I just want to say that I'm still alive and kicking and enjoying my life.

Love all of you guys,
    Glenna
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398
    Glenna M said:

Thank you Dan....
    Thank you for the sweet note, it made my week!!! Things have been a little hectic and I will post later to explain my whole situation but for now I just want to say that I'm still alive and kicking and enjoying my life.

Love all of you guys,
    Glenna

Everyone
    Glad everyone is okay. I also worry when I don't see people post in a while. Glad your doing ok glenna and medi.

cathy
  • Dan620
    medi_2 said:

;)
    Ahhhhh Dan...
    Thanks and Cheers!
    Medi

Medi the good humor lady
    Medi so glad your still doing great, you are a real survivor, always loved your posts.... great sense of humor.... Stay well... Dan (As for the new pic... WOW!)
  • Dan620
    lekkerone said:

Glenna and mamacita

lekkerone
    Thanks Diane for letting Glenna and mamacita know we have missed them and so glad they are doing well..... Dan
  • Dan620
    Glenna M said:

Thank you Dan....

Love all of you guys,
    Glenna

Glenna
    still alive and kicking and enjoying life.... Just what i wanted too hear. Start to worry when you don't see posts from old friends...... Keep it up!.... Dan
  • Dan620
    catcon49 said:

Everyone
    Glad everyone is okay. I also worry when I don't see people post in a while. Glad your doing ok glenna and medi.

cathy

catcon49
    Cathy, Congrats on the new Grandson..... Dan
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member
    Dan620 said:

lekkerone
    Thanks Diane for letting Glenna and mamacita know we have missed them and so glad they are doing well..... Dan

I am here!!
    Thanks for your concern Dan. I am doing well and was just taking a break for awhile. I had a month of headaches which scared me silly. I had a brain scan which was clear (whew). I have a MRI of my neck next week as I have had some pain there too. Tarceva can cause headache and aches according to many folks who are taking it, but a scan is wise to rule out something else going on.
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    mamacita5 said:

I am here!!
    Thanks for your concern Dan. I am doing well and was just taking a break for awhile. I had a month of headaches which scared me silly. I had a brain scan which was clear (whew). I have a MRI of my neck next week as I have had some pain there too. Tarceva can cause headache and aches according to many folks who are taking it, but a scan is wise to rule out something else going on.

Ah, tres bien!
    Now all of the lovelies are present and accounted for! I wish you the best with your upcoming tests mamacita, and am truly pleased that three of my favorite ladies in CancerLand and beyond are still with us. Thanks Dan, for seeking them out.

Take care,

Joe
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    catcon49 said:

Everyone

cathy

:)
    I can only echo Dan's thoughts, Cathy: congratulations!

Take care,

Joe
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576

Ah, tres bien!
    Now all of the lovelies are present and accounted for! I wish you the best with your upcoming tests mamacita, and am truly pleased that three of my favorite ladies in CancerLand and beyond are still with us. Thanks Dan, for seeking them out.

Take care,

Joe

Everyone is so sweet!!
    Can't begin to tell everyone how these simple posts make me feel. So wonderful to know that people I have never met or seen worry about me if I'm no online for a while.

A short update on what's been happening...I finished chemo (for the second time) on December 29th with considerable shrinkage to one tumor and minor shrinkage to the other. I am now doing a clinical study trial, taking a drug (or placebo) called Sunitinib. So far no major side effects and I'm still feeling the same way I did before starting this drug. I take that as a good sign, if I'm not feeling worse then things are okay :) I go for a scan next week to see if there is any change from when I started on this six weeks ago. My oncologist said I would be on this for the rest of my life, the way he explained it was it puts my cancer in limbo, I don't get better but I don't get worse. I am quite confident that I am on the real drug and that I will do fine.

I will make a serious effort not to stay away too long and worry anyone, I've been checking in every few days and reading the posts but was usually too tired to respond to anyone. I'm better now and I'm BACK!!!

Thank you all again for caring so much. I love you all!!!

Glenna
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member

Ah, tres bien!

Take care,

Joe

Aw Joe you are a Sweetheart!
    Thanks for thinking of us girls. You are a source of great knowledge and strength to all of us here.
  • Dan620
    Wonderful
    mamacita it is really great to hear you are doing well and may all your tests continue too be GOOD. May we all continue to beat this Monster...... Stay well all ... Dan ....
  • catcon49
    Dan620 said:

Wonderful
    mamacita it is really great to hear you are doing well and may all your tests continue too be GOOD. May we all continue to beat this Monster...... Stay well all ... Dan ....

Friends
    Thanks for the congrats. Hope all your tests go well.
  • 3Mana
    3Mana Member Posts: 811
    Glenna M said:

Thank you Dan....

Love all of you guys,
    Glenna

Missed you too Glenna
    Glenna,
    Isn't it nice to be missed by people you have met on this site. It's funny how we all can feel so close, but because of this disease, we have so much in common. Today it is 2 years ago since I lost Tom. I miss him so much and am so thankful we had a great marriage but feel cheated that we weren't given more time. Life isn't fair sometimes, but like they say "only the good die young". Take care , Carole
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183
    Posts.....
    So glad to see the posts from all of you gals! I too have been lurking for awhile but it sure was a blessing to me to see all your posts. Know you are all still in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong! Cheryl
  • Dapsterd
    Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
    Good to C U
    It is Great to see all the regulars still active (which means survivors!!!!)
    Dave
  • catcon49
    Dapsterd said:

Good to C U
    It is Great to see all the regulars still active (which means survivors!!!!)
    Dave

glenna
    That drug sounds great. Thats good news. Do you know the name of it or any other information on the clinical trial?

thanks,

cathy