Thoractomy-what should I expect after surgery?

barbebarb
barbebarb Member Posts: 464
Has anyone had lung survey w/this procedure? A tumor may be removed from my liver during this 2nd surgery as well ss right lung wedging. I am recovering from a left lung lobectomy and am very anxious.I have a scan on Sat., to recheck liver since Ive been off chemo.
These boards are full of supportive, caring people.
Thank you for any insight.
Bar

Comments

• daughter33
    daughter33 Member Posts: 12
    My father had a thoractomy
    My father had a thoractomy in November for what they thought was infection. He was in the hospital for about 10 days. He did have a lot of pain afterwards and was a slow recovery but I think that more to do with finding cancer and the pain associated with that. They had him up about 24 hours after surgery. He only had one eposide of severe pain after surgery where they thought he threw a blood clot but turned out fine. I hope everything goes well with you. He was back to his new "normal" around Janurary. Good luck with your surgery.
  • barbebarb

My father had a thoractomy in November for what they thought was infection. He was in the hospital for about 10 days. He did have a lot of pain afterwards and was a slow recovery but I think that more to do with finding cancer and the pain associated with that. They had him up about 24 hours after surgery. He only had one eposide of severe pain after surgery where they thought he threw a blood clot but turned out fine. I hope everything goes well with you. He was back to his new "normal" around Janurary. Good luck with your surgery.

Thoracotomy
    Thank u for the information. I suspect it will take 8 or 10 weeks to heal, if not more.
    Hope your dad is feeling stronger and better.
    Needless to say, I will be temporarily relieved when it is over.
  • barbebarb

Thoracotomy
    Thank u for the information. I suspect it will take 8 or 10 weeks to heal, if not more.
    Hope your dad is feeling stronger and better.
    Needless to say, I will be temporarily relieved when it is over.