Zevalin beam transplant

My dad is having a zevalin beam transplant at City of Hope. Does anyone have any info on this type of transplant? Thanks

Comments

• diazr1
    diazr1 Member Posts: 101
    Looks like
    Zevalin bad BEAM I read are chemo regimens then it's the stem cell transplant
  • jjjorgen
    jjjorgen Member Posts: 2
    addition of Zevalin to BEAM Chemotherapy
    The goal of this clinical research study is to learn if the addition of 90Y Zevalin to BEAM chemotherapy (carmustine, etoposide, cytarabine, and melphalan) and rituximab is more effective than the combination of BEAM and rituximab alone in patients with lymphoma who receive a stem cell transplant.

How did everything go with your Father? Praying for you!

God Bless!!
  • trustinJesus
    trustinJesus Member Posts: 59
    jjjorgen said:

addition of Zevalin to BEAM Chemotherapy
    The goal of this clinical research study is to learn if the addition of 90Y Zevalin to BEAM chemotherapy (carmustine, etoposide, cytarabine, and melphalan) and rituximab is more effective than the combination of BEAM and rituximab alone in patients with lymphoma who receive a stem cell transplant.

How did everything go with your Father? Praying for you!

God Bless!!

my Dad
    Just a few days before they were supposed to do the trial they denied him. We were really disappointed. He still did the beam chemo stem cell transplant. Hes at City Of HOpe. He got his stem cells put back in today. Happy New Birthday. I'm just hoping the chemo is killing all his cells. Numbers should start dropping. Does anyone know the rate at which the numbers drop? Thanks for the prayers.
  • diazr1
    diazr1 Member Posts: 101

my Dad
    Just a few days before they were supposed to do the trial they denied him. We were really disappointed. He still did the beam chemo stem cell transplant. Hes at City Of HOpe. He got his stem cells put back in today. Happy New Birthday. I'm just hoping the chemo is killing all his cells. Numbers should start dropping. Does anyone know the rate at which the numbers drop? Thanks for the prayers.

From what I remember
    I think by day 5 post transplant he will be at 0 from what I remember. I could be wrong . If you are on the 6th floor as the nurses they have the charts. If your dad is having trouble eating have him load up on Ensures Or Boost . The more he eats the better his chances of being home sooner. Have him do the walks or physical therapy that will also help . I hope this helps.... What part of the trail did they deny ?
  • trustinJesus
    diazr1 said:

From what I remember
    I think by day 5 post transplant he will be at 0 from what I remember. I could be wrong . If you are on the 6th floor as the nurses they have the charts. If your dad is having trouble eating have him load up on Ensures Or Boost . The more he eats the better his chances of being home sooner. Have him do the walks or physical therapy that will also help . I hope this helps.... What part of the trail did they deny ?

zevalin
    Hes eating good and active. They didn't do the zevalin. Thanks
  • trustinJesus
    diazr1 said:

From what I remember

zevalin
    Hes eating good and active. They didn't do the zevalin. Thanks