Freezing to death

at age 56 I had been used to sweating for no good reason and despising the hot humid summers. Since my hysterectomy and diagnosis of cancer, I have been freezing. I expected the opposite, for the sweats to be worse, but no, no more sweats. In fact here in my city is is sunny and 73, which is perfect for most people, I have on jeans, socks,long sleeved shirt,my chemo cap and I am frozen like a stone!. Any body else have this problem? Is this the norm for me now?

Comments

• AnneBehymer
    AnneBehymer Member Posts: 738 Member
    hot and cold
    I am 46 and at 40 I started hot flashed then at 45 was in menapose (not sure on spelling)then I June of 2011 found out I was stage four Ovarian cancer had the baby machine taken out and I thought the same the hot flasher were going to be worst. I am having both frezzing cold then hot flashes like I have never had before so I so understand what you are feeling. Most of the time I am covered with a blanket and my mom laughs when all the sudden I am throwing off the covers as fast as I can.

Love, Hugs, and Prayers
  • buzzbomb
    buzzbomb Member Posts: 3
    freezing
    My radiation 'fried' my thyroid and no one told me this was possible. I was cold cold cold, and spent a lot of time in my 104 degree hot tub. Finally an internist suggested it might be the thyroid, I was tested, and now take levothyroxine, which has mitigated the coldness.
    So...maybe have your thyroid checked? And get a hot tub. Heck, if your Dr. writes you a prescription for a hot tub, it might be deductible.
    Hand in there, Ice-Cube.
    Buzz
  • zinaida
    zinaida Member Posts: 221

hot and cold
    I am 46 and at 40 I started hot flashed then at 45 was in menapose (not sure on spelling)then I June of 2011 found out I was stage four Ovarian cancer had the baby machine taken out and I thought the same the hot flasher were going to be worst. I am having both frezzing cold then hot flashes like I have never had before so I so understand what you are feeling. Most of the time I am covered with a blanket and my mom laughs when all the sudden I am throwing off the covers as fast as I can.

Love, Hugs, and Prayers

Me too. Hot and cold.
    Me too. Hot and cold. Blanket on and off. I'am 58 with third reocurrency, stage 2C ovc. :)
  • undertreatment2012
    undertreatment2012 Member Posts: 126
    buzzbomb said:

freezing
    My radiation 'fried' my thyroid and no one told me this was possible. I was cold cold cold, and spent a lot of time in my 104 degree hot tub. Finally an internist suggested it might be the thyroid, I was tested, and now take levothyroxine, which has mitigated the coldness.
    So...maybe have your thyroid checked? And get a hot tub. Heck, if your Dr. writes you a prescription for a hot tub, it might be deductible.
    Hand in there, Ice-Cube.
    Buzz

freezing
    a hot tub sounds awesome!!! I will mention my thyroid to the Dr. good idea
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    LOW THYROID
    My thyroid has taken a beating since 2000. So I definitely attribute feeling 'cold' more often than other people to this. Of course, coupled with a hot flash now and then, it can be annoying! I still like to cuddle up at night with blankets, more than my hubby, even sometimes in the summer. And I love soaking in a hot bath. But a hot tub sounds wonderful! That would be like heaven to me! Hope you find some solutions for you.

(((HUGS)))
    Monika
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    mopar said:

LOW THYROID
    My thyroid has taken a beating since 2000. So I definitely attribute feeling 'cold' more often than other people to this. Of course, coupled with a hot flash now and then, it can be annoying! I still like to cuddle up at night with blankets, more than my hubby, even sometimes in the summer. And I love soaking in a hot bath. But a hot tub sounds wonderful! That would be like heaven to me! Hope you find some solutions for you.

(((HUGS)))
    Monika

are you low on red count
    when my red count fell low i started getting very cold, maybe you should get it checked