M R I

deeb111
deeb111 Member Posts: 141 Member
Hello ladies havent been here in a long time hope you are all doing well my prayers are always with you im wondering if anyone has had refusal from insurance companies to get follow mri if so please let me know i think I think this practice is wrong and possibly even illegal against womens health care I was turned down and told only if i had another positive finding on mammo or ultrasound and we all know that all of the test medicaly available should never be turned down it saves lives if done on time im in it for the fight and Iwant all of you women to know if you are well and interested in helping fight for our rights then please let me know starting with state assemblymen and writing to news channels and i will write and talk to whoever i have to to remedy this problem i want to do this not only for myself but for all who cannot or dont know how i dont want one person to fall ill because of denials of premtive treatments that save lives thank you for taking a minute to look at this post God Bless and wishing good thoughts and happy days
dee

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Your.....
    This is when your DOCTORS need to go to bat for you! They have case managers who handle appeals.....give it a try....
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    MAJW said:

Your.....
    This is when your DOCTORS need to go to bat for you! They have case managers who handle appeals.....give it a try....

You are right that insurance
    You are right that insurance companies do not like to pay for MRI's as they are so expensive. However, even though my mammo's and ultrasound's come back as no change so far, my oncologist sends in a certain code to my insurance company to where they will pay for it. He doesn't lie, but as he says, sometimes there is a fine line and he feels that I should have one every year as an added security.

Good luck,

Angie
  • deeb111
    deeb111 Member Posts: 141 Member
    Angie2U said:

You are right that insurance
    You are right that insurance companies do not like to pay for MRI's as they are so expensive. However, even though my mammo's and ultrasound's come back as no change so far, my oncologist sends in a certain code to my insurance company to where they will pay for it. He doesn't lie, but as he says, sometimes there is a fine line and he feels that I should have one every year as an added security.

Good luck,

Angie

thank you ladies
    Hello thank you ladies im not new just been very busy and tired from working alot ot in any case yes im aware of the appeals they were turned down twice and nurse practioner in docs office didnt see at all pleased that i made her file appeal said insurance companies have certain criteria well i dont care no one gets to play russian roulette with my life and as long as i have health and air in me to fight i will do just that anybody interested e-mail dbardoss1@hotmail.com i will certainly like to hear or see how many of us r affected cause of this thank you
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    deeb111 said:

thank you ladies
    Hello thank you ladies im not new just been very busy and tired from working alot ot in any case yes im aware of the appeals they were turned down twice and nurse practioner in docs office didnt see at all pleased that i made her file appeal said insurance companies have certain criteria well i dont care no one gets to play russian roulette with my life and as long as i have health and air in me to fight i will do just that anybody interested e-mail dbardoss1@hotmail.com i will certainly like to hear or see how many of us r affected cause of this thank you

Your doctor should be able
    Your doctor should be able to send in something so that your insurance carrier will allow the MRI. Don't give up, keep trying for one.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    so far in 4 yrs I have not
    so far in 4 yrs I have not been turned down for anything...but ONLY one MRI and now want me to have one in 6mths I"LL see then...

so many things/ systems just wrong...just not right..terrible...

YOU can make a difference
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Keep Fighting
    I like the Pinks advice, see if the doctor and case manager can pursue the denial. Don't give up. Being persistent might chance their minds.

My best to you.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Keep Fighting
    I like the Pinks advice, see if the doctor and case manager can pursue the denial. Don't give up. Being persistent might chance their minds.

My best to you.

Have you had any luck in
    Have you had any luck in getting the MRI approved? I have one yearly and my insurance pays for it. Keep pushing to have them pay for it.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    susie09 said:

Have you had any luck in
    Have you had any luck in getting the MRI approved? I have one yearly and my insurance pays for it. Keep pushing to have them pay for it.

I hope that by now, you've
    I hope that by now, you've been able to get somewhere with someone and can get the MRI. Check in with us and let us know.

Leeza