Kidney Failure

bad121749
bad121749 Member Posts: 31
Please keep a friend of mine in your prayers. She complete chemo 2 weeks ago, became more nauseated and dehydrated than usual and has been hospitalized for almost 2 weeks and is on dialysis now. Has anyone known of this happening and can it reverse? Also, I have an MRI of my remaining breast on Wednesday, it's been 6 months. Thanks and love to all. Barbara

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Praying
    I will be praying for your friend Barbara and for good results on your MRI Wednesday. Be sure and post to let us know your results.

Sue :)
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Ritzy said:

Praying
    I will be praying for your friend Barbara and for good results on your MRI Wednesday. Be sure and post to let us know your results.

Sue :)

Sending prayers for both of
    Sending prayers for both of you.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Kristin N said:

Sending prayers for both of
    Sending prayers for both of you.

You've got it! Prayers
    You've got it! Prayers sent!

Hugs, Diane
  • tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    OK
    I have heard o fa reversal. Her fluid intake was stepped up and they made sure she ate properly and in a week she no longer needed dialysis and eventually there was even more improvement. I hope this will be the case for your friend.

all the best.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I too have heard of reverse
    I too have heard of reverse on kidney function! My mom's kindneys shut down about to put her on dialaisis and started working ok..

She had other health issues so shortly after died but NOT DUE TO kidneys (LIVER and heart)

Denise

pixie dust heading to your friend..
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    tufi000 said:

OK
    I have heard o fa reversal. Her fluid intake was stepped up and they made sure she ate properly and in a week she no longer needed dialysis and eventually there was even more improvement. I hope this will be the case for your friend.

all the best.

This is awful and I am so
    This is awful and I am so sorry. Prayers for your friend and sending them for you too.

Hugs, Leeza
  • bad121749
    Thank You
    Your kind words and prayers mean more than you can imagine and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'll let you know how the MRI turns out. I probably won't have the results for a week or so....I dread the wait. Still waiting on my friend's kidneys to function and thanks for the information and encourgement. Love to all, Barbara
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    bad121749 said:

Thank You
    Your kind words and prayers mean more than you can imagine and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'll let you know how the MRI turns out. I probably won't have the results for a week or so....I dread the wait. Still waiting on my friend's kidneys to function and thanks for the information and encourgement. Love to all, Barbara

Praying for your friend
    Praying for your friend Barbara. And, praying that you will get good news with your MRI.

Hugs to you,

Megan
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    praying
    Praying you through the wait.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

praying
    Praying you through the wait.

How did your MRI go Barbara
    How did your MRI go Barbara and how is your friend?

Praying,

Diane
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    DianeBC said:

How did your MRI go Barbara
    How did your MRI go Barbara and how is your friend?

Praying,

Diane

Yes, how are things ...
    MRI completed? Any updates?

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    VickiSam said:

Yes, how are things ...
    MRI completed? Any updates?

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam

Still praying for your
    Still praying for your friend and for a good report on your MRI.
  • bad121749
    Noel said:

Still praying for your
    Still praying for your friend and for a good report on your MRI.

Should I call
    My friend came home from the hospital Tuesday. Still needs dialysis at present, but the kidneys are beginning to function!! What a great group of sisters you are to remember.
    I still haven't heard anything from my MRI....should I call and check or just hope "no news is good news"? I've been keeping busy and trying to keep it off my mind. Just the thought of repeating last year almost makes me cry. Love to all, Barbara
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    bad121749 said:

Should I call
    My friend came home from the hospital Tuesday. Still needs dialysis at present, but the kidneys are beginning to function!! What a great group of sisters you are to remember.
    I still haven't heard anything from my MRI....should I call and check or just hope "no news is good news"? I've been keeping busy and trying to keep it off my mind. Just the thought of repeating last year almost makes me cry. Love to all, Barbara

Good news about your friend.
    Good news about your friend. If I were you, I would call to get the results of your MRI. They would have them by now. Be sure and post any update.

Hugs, Jan
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

Good news about your friend.
    Good news about your friend. If I were you, I would call to get the results of your MRI. They would have them by now. Be sure and post any update.

Hugs, Jan

Praying that when you call,
    Praying that when you call, you will get good news!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Kristin N said:

Praying that when you call,
    Praying that when you call, you will get good news!

Hoping and praying that your
    Hoping and praying that your MRI is clean!

Hugs, Lex