resources?

MNLynn
MNLynn Member Posts: 224
edited March 2012 in Breast Cancer #1
I know that, in the past, there have been posts with information regarding resources available to cancer patients (headscarves, wigs, etc.)

If you know where there is a post that has that information, can you pull it to the top? I have a friend who was just diagnosed with breast cancer, and I would like to get that information to her. I didn't end up having chemo so I didn't keep a lot of that information for myself at the time I was going through treatments.

Thanks!!

♥ Lynn

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Just a few suggestions!
    . . . . . .

insurance companies allow up to $1000.00 reimbursements for wigs (back in 2009/2010).

to women experiencing hair loss. Here is the website: http://www.franceluxe.com/i/goodwishesscarves/Good+Wishes+Scarves.html

Hats off to Chemo. org provides free sleep caps, turbans, bucket hats, etc. to chemo patients

tlc.com

headcovers.com

just a few sites ..

Vicki Sam
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    VickiSam said:

Just a few suggestions!
    . . . . . .

insurance companies allow up to $1000.00 reimbursements for wigs (back in 2009/2010).

to women experiencing hair loss. Here is the website: http://www.franceluxe.com/i/goodwishesscarves/Good+Wishes+Scarves.html

Hats off to Chemo. org provides free sleep caps, turbans, bucket hats, etc. to chemo patients

tlc.com

headcovers.com

just a few sites ..

Vicki Sam

The American Cancer Society.
    In my area they offer free wigs. I would check with your local chapter for details.

Roseann
  • MNLynn
    Thanks . . .
    . . . for the information. So great to know that there are places like that out there than offer help!

♥ Lynn
  • Margeaux
    Margeaux Member Posts: 84
    Lynn:
    I found a website with chic head scarves - topsyturban.com. The chemo room nurses had a basket of head covers donated by former patients, also they had some wigs on a shelf. The radiation waiting room had baskets of head covers made by church ladies, one could just go in and pick up some. I went overboard and purchased an expensive wig only to find my head was so sore I could not wear it, but made a hit with friends with my chic head scarves and ENORMOUS hoop earrings!
    Sending her many good vibes
    Margeaux
  • MNLynn
    Thanks . . .
    . . . to all. I've invited my friend to be a part of this discussion board because of the wonderful support that everyone gives to each other here. You are, indeed, a beautiful group of women (& men!).

I hope she will join because I think it will give her that added support that we all need when we hear those words . . . "you have cancer" - scary!

Blessings to all,

♥ Lynn
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    MNLynn said:

Thanks . . .
    . . . to all. I've invited my friend to be a part of this discussion board because of the wonderful support that everyone gives to each other here. You are, indeed, a beautiful group of women (& men!).

I hope she will join because I think it will give her that added support that we all need when we hear those words . . . "you have cancer" - scary!

Blessings to all,

♥ Lynn

Have your friend check with
    Have your friend check with her Cancer Center. Mine has several drawers of hats for free. And the social worker or someone else there can tell you the nearest Hair Salon that gives out free wigs from the American Cancer Society.
    Angie