anyone else want to do this course with me mind body mastery by ian gawler

pete43lost_at_sea
pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
edited March 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
just check it out if your keen,
i signed up a few days ago because some of my mates from the october retreat i went on joined up and they said it got them back into meditation.

i thought what the heck , something else to try. just posted it here in case anyone else is interested in meditation rather than medication. of medication is great when its needed, but don't under estimate the power of the mind, the subconsious part as well. look into medical qigong if your not certain about the healing effects of just mental energy. they can measure qigong masters projected chi. But this course is not qigong its just mind body mastery, but its a start, its online and easy i hope.

hugs,
Pete

PS this email has my discount code in it, just use as they said to offer this to family. I only signed up a few days ago.

EMAIL BELOW.

Happy New Year. We hope that 2012 will be a happy and healthy year for you and your loved ones.

Many of you may have wondered what Dr. Ian Gawler has been up to since he retired from his full time role at the Foundation, and here’s the answer in his own words –

“For the last 18 months, I have been investigating how modern technologies (internet, smart phones, social media, etc.) might be applied to help people learn mind-body techniques to enhance their health, wellbeing and performance. Having avoided computers for the first 60 years of my life, this has been a wonderful adventure! The first outcome of this investigation is an online meditation based program called Mindbody Mastery, which has been recently released. Mindbody Mastery is a world-class program which we believe has the potential to help people improve their health and wellbeing, as well as enhance their performance at work, sport and study”.

The program provides you with an introduction and guided audio exercises (as MP3 files) for 8 proven mind-body techniques, with an innovative 6-month support package with regular interaction and feedback, designed to encourage you to persist with the practice

You can download the MP3 files of the guided exercises to your phone, computer or digital music device, and practise them anywhere, anytime – so easy!

You may like to check out the brief video introduction to the Mindbody Mastery program at www.mindbodymastery.net

If you are interested, please join up at www.mindbodymastery.net.

As a valued supporter of the Foundation, we are able to offer our members and supporters a discount off the price of the Mindbody Mastery program (so you will only pay $97 including GST instead of the full price of $108).

Please make sure to type in “Gawler” in the Promotion Code section when you register to avail yourself of this discount (noting that the code is case-sensitive, i.e. G should be in capital letter).

We hope you will make good use of this wonderful opportunity.

Be well,

Comments

• tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    am going to give this some thought!
    The mind is powerful!
    Will let you know if I enroll.
    Thanks!
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    tommycat said:

am going to give this some thought!
    The mind is powerful!
    Will let you know if I enroll.
    Thanks!

thanks tommy
    i put on my blog how i was going alone on this, that i had no takers here.

you have restored my faith in humanity, only joking, its just nice to have someone to share the experience with. but no pressure if you don't go ahead. As all my ideas, i just post them up here and see what happens.

to be honest, the course is over kill for me, i am doing an hours meditation most days anyway, but i thought the program would be interesting. i have a few close cancer friends here doing it, so i thought i'd get on the band wagon also.

we get a huge commisision for each person who signups. unfortunately the comminssion is an imaginery bag of organic carrots. what else would you expect from a meditation course put together by tree hugging vegan hippies that want to brainwash conservative cancer patients.

I hope the sarcasm is clear, the gawler foundation for me represents peace, love and health and this program, i doubt makes a cent of profit for them, but covers the costs of webinars and staffing. And Ian Gawler is real gentleman who has a passion for health, that he likes to share.

darren, my naturopath number 7, gave me this gem in our last consult.

so pickup an imaginery glass of muddy river water.
    can you see through it ? no
    when you let the mud settle, you can see through it, but and mud is still there.

meditation lets you clearly see your life and its challenges. us crc's have got a few.

anyone else want to see through the mud waters of colorectal cancer life and treatment.

some folks here think i am a bit of a risk taker, and even chasing a few windmills. well that maybe true. imagine how much trouble i would be in if i had not picked up the skill of meditation. its really scary.

I was going to cut and paste the first weeks pdf, i have asked the other sites owners if i can put it on my blog so i can share it with family and friends.

hugs,
    Pete
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member

thanks tommy
    i put on my blog how i was going alone on this, that i had no takers here.

you have restored my faith in humanity, only joking, its just nice to have someone to share the experience with. but no pressure if you don't go ahead. As all my ideas, i just post them up here and see what happens.

to be honest, the course is over kill for me, i am doing an hours meditation most days anyway, but i thought the program would be interesting. i have a few close cancer friends here doing it, so i thought i'd get on the band wagon also.

we get a huge commisision for each person who signups. unfortunately the comminssion is an imaginery bag of organic carrots. what else would you expect from a meditation course put together by tree hugging vegan hippies that want to brainwash conservative cancer patients.

I hope the sarcasm is clear, the gawler foundation for me represents peace, love and health and this program, i doubt makes a cent of profit for them, but covers the costs of webinars and staffing. And Ian Gawler is real gentleman who has a passion for health, that he likes to share.

darren, my naturopath number 7, gave me this gem in our last consult.

so pickup an imaginery glass of muddy river water.
    can you see through it ? no
    when you let the mud settle, you can see through it, but and mud is still there.

meditation lets you clearly see your life and its challenges. us crc's have got a few.

anyone else want to see through the mud waters of colorectal cancer life and treatment.

some folks here think i am a bit of a risk taker, and even chasing a few windmills. well that maybe true. imagine how much trouble i would be in if i had not picked up the skill of meditation. its really scary.

I was going to cut and paste the first weeks pdf, i have asked the other sites owners if i can put it on my blog so i can share it with family and friends.

hugs,
    Pete

Don Quixote
    It was me, who told you that you were "chasing windmills", remember Pete?

You go on and chase 'em - after you have made it as far as I have, I think you will come to terms with a great many things - things that you can't see or even consider at this point in time. Just no way for you to be able to.

I'm doing a little "mind body mastery" of my own lately with my dad and his situation. In using my mind as a sole resource, I've handled a great many things.

But really I've been "mastering" for 8-years with this cancer. You've been at it for 18-months now...I've been at it 96 months = that's 78 more months with cancer 3x.

I have not done many of the things that you espouse and yet I find myself still here - and not even worried about the "few crc cells" in my body. Why? Because they are going to be there anyway. So, I'm not chewing up my remaining time trying to flag down a few fly balls.

The dye has been cast for many of us for a long time. Once you reach the 8-year mark, you are going to understand things much differently than you see them or think you understand them now.

Each of us have to extend out - way out for years, to even have an inkling of what we're up against. Oh, you can rage against the machine....you can do all the things you need to do.

And then one day, a clarity and a peace that comes with the understanding associated with it, will come over you - and your perspectives and your understand will change accordingly.

Until then, "Hi, ho, Silver...away!" Go chase 'em, Pete....I'll be here when you tired and ready to talk....you don't think Sundance survived 3x in 8-years for nothing, do you?

You could only hope to be kicking as much Texas ****, as I'm still doing, brother. Still working too...wrote a book too.....handling business too.....still breathing too.....still recurring too.....and still going too...

And will be for the immediate future.

Take care - Craig
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Sundanceh said:

Don Quixote
    It was me, who told you that you were "chasing windmills", remember Pete?

You go on and chase 'em - after you have made it as far as I have, I think you will come to terms with a great many things - things that you can't see or even consider at this point in time. Just no way for you to be able to.

I'm doing a little "mind body mastery" of my own lately with my dad and his situation. In using my mind as a sole resource, I've handled a great many things.

But really I've been "mastering" for 8-years with this cancer. You've been at it for 18-months now...I've been at it 96 months = that's 78 more months with cancer 3x.

I have not done many of the things that you espouse and yet I find myself still here - and not even worried about the "few crc cells" in my body. Why? Because they are going to be there anyway. So, I'm not chewing up my remaining time trying to flag down a few fly balls.

The dye has been cast for many of us for a long time. Once you reach the 8-year mark, you are going to understand things much differently than you see them or think you understand them now.

Each of us have to extend out - way out for years, to even have an inkling of what we're up against. Oh, you can rage against the machine....you can do all the things you need to do.

And then one day, a clarity and a peace that comes with the understanding associated with it, will come over you - and your perspectives and your understand will change accordingly.

Until then, "Hi, ho, Silver...away!" Go chase 'em, Pete....I'll be here when you tired and ready to talk....you don't think Sundance survived 3x in 8-years for nothing, do you?

You could only hope to be kicking as much Texas ****, as I'm still doing, brother. Still working too...wrote a book too.....handling business too.....still breathing too.....still recurring too.....and still going too...

And will be for the immediate future.

Take care - Craig

thanks craig
    I love the windmills analogy, my windmills give me hope.
    For me that's important, my priority.
    I cannot win this race if I start thinking I have lost.
    I like to share my hope, and disappointments.

The mind body stuff I like, like yoga etc etc. They said to share it with family, so its posted.
    8 years sounds like a good target for me, I am in awe of your achievements, especially the challenges life has given you.

We all got our challenges, and our windmills, i am at peace on my path, I am grateful for that.
    Peace of mind Pom, is my top goal, meditation is my way of keeping it, I get to pickup the results of my latest ct inc brain scan in an hour. what will be , will be. I am praying for POM, right now. It's just another test result, life goes on.
    hugs,.n
    Pete