I just found out I have Ducatal breast cancer today.

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Alexis F said:

They find everything out
    They find everything out after surgery and it will be in your path report, your stage, grade, er or pr + or -, what types of bc and more.

After they find this out, your oncologist will give you your treatment plan options.

Wishing you good luck,

Lex

Biopsy gives info
    The path. report from your biopsy(s) will give the type, ER/PR and HER2 + or -, before TX or surgery is done. The protocol for treating different types of BC is different so Drs HAVE to know the type before doing anything - chemo first?, surgery first?, while and how much drugs?. Stage and grade usually are found out in path. from surgery.

Yes there are things found out in surgery path report such as how many of the nodes were positive, if more than one type is involved, etc. - but your Dr does not blindly go in cutting without knowing the type before hand. With IBC, the standard approach has to be chemo first for there to be any hope of getting it out.

Susan
  • lauraof4
    lauraof4 Member Posts: 24

just checking back in to see
    just checking back in to see how things are going>

Denise

just found out I have ducatal cancer
    Hi Thank you soooo much for answering my post!! I am glad I did find this post. Right now I am waiting for friday. I know its tommorow.
    I think I can start sleeping after I know what my treatment plan is.I keep thinking next week am I going to start kemo or is it surgery. I know one day at a time. I have been trying so hard to keep busy. I will let you know what they say at the doctors.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    lauraof4 said:

Hi Thank you soooo much for answering my post!! I am glad I did find this post. Right now I am waiting for friday. I know its tommorow.
    I think I can start sleeping after I know what my treatment plan is.I keep thinking next week am I going to start kemo or is it surgery. I know one day at a time. I have been trying so hard to keep busy. I will let you know what they say at the doctors.

I will be watching for your
    I will be watching for your update after your appointment tomorrow Laura. Good luck!

Jan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    lauraof4 said:

Just found out I have breast cancer
    Hi thank you for giving the information. I am in shock because my first one came up negaitive. I know that I will have to wait until Friday and see what the doctors say. Its its the waiting thats killing me.
    Yesterday was not a good day. I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    I know every one here are also going through a hard times.Its nice to know that you can talk to people who are going through the same thing.
    Thank you for the information.

I wasn't told staging,
    I wasn't told staging, grade, whether I was Er or Pr + or - or HER2 + or - until after my lumpectomy and the path report was in. We met with my breast surgeon the next day after my lumpectomy and he went over most of it with us and then I saw my oncologist after him and she went over the path report too in greater detail.

I will be praying for you Laura!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    jgpaulson said:

Finding information
    Hello Laura:

My advice is to ask your doctor for a copy of the pathology report as soon as it comes in.
    You have a right to have a copy.

Then after you get the report go to google and type in whatever questions you have after
    reading the report.

The more you are informed, the better decisions you can make.

Best of luck. I really feel for you. I have been there. I m putting my arms aroubnd yoy
    to give you a big hug. I promise you - you will get through all this. You are stronger than you ever imagined.

Jeanne

I am wishing you the best of
    I am wishing you the best of luck today Laura!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

I will be watching for your
    I will be watching for your update after your appointment tomorrow Laura. Good luck!

Jan

Praying with the other pink
    Praying with the other pink sisters for you.

Hugs, Lex
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    lauraof4 said:

Will be waiting for up date
    Will be waiting for up date after your appointment with the Dr. today.Strength,Courage and Hope.

Hugs Frankie
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Freaking Out
    Hi,

I know your are freaking out but first think of it positivly. Inflammatory BC is the one of the hardest to fight so I'm glad it's not that. I was 41 and only one person ever had BC and it was my maternal aunt and she was 60 when she was diagnosed. When you go to the oncologist depending on what type of biopsy you had will tell you the stage. Not all biopsy's will tell the staging yet. They will also discuss a treatment plan which will probably include surgery if you don't have staging yet you will get it after surgery. It will probably include chemo/radiation or both depending on the staging and your decision with your oncologist. I hope this will help you get through till your visit with the doctor. You have come to the right place. We are all here for you. Vent away.

Terry
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Will be waiting for up date
    Will be waiting for up date after your appointment with the Dr. today.Strength,Courage and Hope.

Hugs Frankie

Sending lots of prayers,
    Sending lots of prayers, hope and support.

Hugs, Kylez
  • lauraof4
    mom62 said:

Freaking Out
    Hi,

I know your are freaking out but first think of it positivly. Inflammatory BC is the one of the hardest to fight so I'm glad it's not that. I was 41 and only one person ever had BC and it was my maternal aunt and she was 60 when she was diagnosed. When you go to the oncologist depending on what type of biopsy you had will tell you the stage. Not all biopsy's will tell the staging yet. They will also discuss a treatment plan which will probably include surgery if you don't have staging yet you will get it after surgery. It will probably include chemo/radiation or both depending on the staging and your decision with your oncologist. I hope this will help you get through till your visit with the doctor. You have come to the right place. We are all here for you. Vent away.

Terry

very bad day
    Hi I just want to let you know I went to the doctors and found out it is Inflammatory breast cancer not ducatal.
    I am so upset and afraid. I have four daughters and want to see them get married someday. I know
    I have to think positive but It is hard.I have a great doctor and I do trust them. Next week I am getting lots of test before they start chemo. Next Friday I will know what they will do after all test results are in. They will than tell me what stage I am in.
    Thank you for listening and for so many replies.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    lauraof4 said:

very bad day
    Hi I just want to let you know I went to the doctors and found out it is Inflammatory breast cancer not ducatal.
    I am so upset and afraid. I have four daughters and want to see them get married someday. I know
    I have to think positive but It is hard.I have a great doctor and I do trust them. Next week I am getting lots of test before they start chemo. Next Friday I will know what they will do after all test results are in. They will than tell me what stage I am in.
    Thank you for listening and for so many replies.

Many pink sisters on here
    Many pink sisters on here Laura have inflammatory bc and are doing fine, so, please try to stay positive. You will be dancing at all of your daughter's weddings! Let us know what your doctor's say next week. I'm sending hugs and prayers!
  • lauraof4
    Kristin N said:

Many pink sisters on here
    Many pink sisters on here Laura have inflammatory bc and are doing fine, so, please try to stay positive. You will be dancing at all of your daughter's weddings! Let us know what your doctor's say next week. I'm sending hugs and prayers!

Better today
    Thank you Kristin! Today was better my Daughters and I went to the park and hiked all over. It was such a shock yesterday. I I will let you know what happens next week.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    lauraof4 said:

Better today
    Thank you Kristin! Today was better my Daughters and I went to the park and hiked all over. It was such a shock yesterday. I I will let you know what happens next week.

Laura .. My heart and soul goes out to you ..
    Please take a moment, and go and purchase Dr. Susan Love's - breast cancer book.
    Information, resources are bountiful in this book.

Keep a booklet of paper handy. Write down your questions, and concerns. If
    at all possible - please take this tablet with you to your next appointment,
    as well as a tape recorder, and friend.

Shock and disbelief ensues your body, mind and soul right now and I am sorry
    for that. Life does get better, I promise you.

Gentle hugs for you, dear Sister.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    VickiSam said:

Laura .. My heart and soul goes out to you ..
    Please take a moment, and go and purchase Dr. Susan Love's - breast cancer book.
    Information, resources are bountiful in this book.

Keep a booklet of paper handy. Write down your questions, and concerns. If
    at all possible - please take this tablet with you to your next appointment,
    as well as a tape recorder, and friend.

Shock and disbelief ensues your body, mind and soul right now and I am sorry
    for that. Life does get better, I promise you.

Gentle hugs for you, dear Sister.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

We are all here for you
    We are all here for you Laura, so, remember that!

Hugs and support,

Angie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Angie2U said:

We are all here for you
    We are all here for you Laura, so, remember that!

Hugs and support,

Angie

Just try to focus on your
    Just try to focus on your treatment and take it one day at a time. That's the best advice I could ever give anyone. Stay positive and fight!

Hugs, Lex
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Keeping you in prayer Laura.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    sea60 said:

Hugs,

Sylvia

You're in my Prayers
    I will keep you in my prayers, Laura. Just know that you are not alone- you have all the energy and support of all of us and we will be there for you. God Bless you.

Hugs

Pam
  • sdukowitz
    sdukowitz Member Posts: 250
    Laura
    Am praying for you as

Laura
    Am praying for you as you go thru surgery and treatents whatever they entail ... the beginning and initial diagnosis were the worst part for me , especially the waiting...... you will make it and lots of support here on this site .... alwaays someone to give support who has been there ... Sure helped me .... hugs from Alaska! .... Sue D
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    sea60 said:

Hugs,

Sylvia

I am praying for you
    I am praying for you Laura.

Hugs,

Debby
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    sdukowitz said:

Laura
    Am praying for you as

Laura
    Am praying for you as you go thru surgery and treatents whatever they entail ... the beginning and initial diagnosis were the worst part for me , especially the waiting...... you will make it and lots of support here on this site .... alwaays someone to give support who has been there ... Sure helped me .... hugs from Alaska! .... Sue D

Laura, I will also be
    Laura, I will also be praying for you and I'm sending you lots of gentle hugs today too. Please keep posting to update us as we all love you and want to help you through this.

Sue :)