Question for those with Mets to Brain

mom62
mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
Hi,

I have a question for anyone who has brain mets after breast cancer. Did you notice any change in the way you thought? Did your speech ever mess up words? Did you have trouble remembering the names of things? I have an appointment next week with Oncologist so I will discuss my symptoms with them. I was curious if anyone had any of these symptoms. I had a CT scan on Wednesday for my chest as part of my regular treatment. Thank in advance for anyone who answers. My grandmother has alzheimer's but she is 93 years old! Thanks again.

Terry

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Terry, I just had bc, but,
    Terry, I just had bc, but, there are a few pink sisters that now have mets to the brain and are active on here. I believe most of them had some sort of rads. I am sure they will be posting to you.

I am very sorry that you have mets and will be praying for you.

Hugs, Leeza
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    jnl said:

Terry, I just had bc, but,
    Terry, I just had bc, but, there are a few pink sisters that now have mets to the brain and are active on here. I believe most of them had some sort of rads. I am sure they will be posting to you.

I am very sorry that you have mets and will be praying for you.

Hugs, Leeza

Terry....
    I completed 10 radiation treatments to my brain, 1 week ago....my last scans showed 3 small spots on my brain....talk about shock! I was totally asymptomatic!! Meaning I had no clue they existed...! I had no headaches, no vision changes, nothing! I was given a neurological testing which proved I had no symptoms....thank God I had my scans done! My radiation oncologist and medical oncologist both agree that the rads would be 99.9% effective ...again I am grateful......this was my third round of rads, for different places....I will say these 10 treatments knocked me on my butt, after # 8.....never experienced such overwhelming fatigue! But my energy is returning...thankfully....

I am triple negative.....was first diagnosed in April 2009 .....did great for 19 months then it returned in my lymph nodes this past June...had rads for that...

I know start chemo again, Tuesday...had my port put in 2 weeks ago....
    If I can answer any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.....

Wishing you the best...keep us updated...we care
    Hugs, Nancy
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Thanks
    Nancy,

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if I have them but am worried about these symptoms I am having. I'm going to the onc next week so I will talk to them about it. Glad to hear your completed with your rads. Good luck with the chemo too.

Terry
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    mom62 said:

Thanks
    Nancy,

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if I have them but am worried about these symptoms I am having. I'm going to the onc next week so I will talk to them about it. Glad to hear your completed with your rads. Good luck with the chemo too.

Terry

Terry
    Terry,
    Good luck with your appointment. There are some publications that link memory losses and clarity with anti-estrogen therapy, including Tamoxifen and Arimidex. I was offered to participate in clinical studies related to this phenomena like Chemo brain.
    Hugs
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Brain mets
    Hi, yes I have brain mets but had no symptoms until I thought that I had the flu or just a migraine causing nausea.... started 2 wks before I had my MRI and dx. I actually thought my brain function was better and continuing to get better since I had just finished chemo the end of April and this was December.

Good luck,

Jennifer
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    mom62 said:

Thanks
    Nancy,

Terry

Sending lots of good luck,
    Sending lots of good luck, hugs, support and encouragement!