Update on my mom.....Granny Smith

fatmomma
fatmomma Member Posts: 95
edited March 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. Things are not good for my mother now. She was admitted to the hospital last Saturday for throwing up uncontrollably and they had to do emergency surgery. Her tumor on her colon was blocking her intestines. They had to do surgery to give her a colonospocy. There were other things they had to do to her as well. I have been at the hospital all week and and weekend just watching her get weaker and weaker. She won't eat or drink. She will be going home on hospice and of course all treatment will be stopped. I really don't know if she will live long enough for her 50th wedding anniversary which is May 21. Most of the time she is out of her mind. Yesterday (Saturday) she was baptized as well as myself and my older brother and she was awake for all of it. I just love my mom so much. She has been there for me always. I ask that you pray for a pleasant transaction from earth to heaven.

Comments

• smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    So sorry you are going
    So sorry you are going through this, much peace to you and your family at this time.
  • Minnesotagirl
    Minnesotagirl Member Posts: 141
    loving your mom
    Your mother is in the Lord's hands now and you should not be afraid. It sounds like you had a lovely relationship with your mom ~ how wonderful for both of you. I wish her a peaceful passing and I wish you a God's peace and understanding during this difficult time. Blessings to both of you and your family during this somber time in your lives.

"Minnie"
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    praying for your mom
    So sorry to hear about your mom. I hate that she isn't doing better. I pray she will be as comfortable as possible. Savior every minute with her. Thinking about you and pray you are okay. Jeff
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    I'm praying for you both
    All you can do is take each day as it comes. Hugss
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    Sonia32 said:

I'm praying for you both
    All you can do is take each day as it comes. Hugss

Prayers for you and your
    Prayers for you and your family.
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    I will make that
    I will make that prayer...God bless.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    tommycat said:

I will make that
    I will make that prayer...God bless.

Sending my prayers from here.
    God bless you .
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear One
    I send prayers for your Mom that she may be pain free and be at peace.

I also send prayers for those of you who stand at her side to let her know that you love her.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member

Dear One
    I send prayers for your Mom that she may be pain free and be at peace.

I also send prayers for those of you who stand at her side to let her know that you love her.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

Prayers
    So sorry to hear about your Mom. All we can and will do is pray for her that she is painfree and most of all at peace.
    The blessing is that she was baptised together with your brother, that is very special.
    hugs, and prayers,
    Marjan
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Ahhh Hun
    So sorry that your mother is in this situation. You know you all my my best wishes and prayers for a peaceful transition for your mom.
    I know this cannot be easy on you, and am glad that you are staying strong for her. Again, I am so sorry to hear the news, and I will be thinking of you, your mom and family.
    Winter Marie