Doxil

lulu1010
lulu1010 Member Posts: 367
I had my first Doxil treatment this week. I know it has little side effects but I felt tired and not much appetite. Did anyone else who had this have minor side effects. I sure didnt feel like doing much.
The other question is what kinds of things did you do during the time of treatment. I know we are not to use our hands and feet much and avoid hot. I have a hard time filling time except to watch tv and read. Maybe I am just not sure how much I can do because it is so new to me.
Experiences and suggestions welcome!

Comments

• carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Doxil-induced heart damage
    I just wanted to let you know that some people are taking Co-Q 10 to prevent the possible cardiomyopathy side effect from Doxil. Maybe you see if your oncologist thinks about that.
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    carolenk said:

Doxil-induced heart damage
    I just wanted to let you know that some people are taking Co-Q 10 to prevent the possible cardiomyopathy side effect from Doxil. Maybe you see if your oncologist thinks about that.

never been on
    Doxil but I hear it works very well. Bless you and get better fast..val
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Doxil
    was a tough one for me. I found icing my feet at night helped a lot. I was careful not to eat citrus fruit that could cause mouth sores and I followed the instructions and had no skin problems. Congrats on having your first treatment done! It's tough for all us energizer bunny type women to give in to all the rest we need after chemo. We're also used to being the caretakers and not the patients. The rest is absolutely necessary, but I find TV way too boring and it's hard for me to read sometimes in the few days after chemo. I try to gather movies, audiobooks ( your local library can be a big help),play games on my Ipad and make To Do lists.... anything to make the time pass until I can be back on my feet again. Try to eat small meals all day long. Here's to kicking the beast in the butt!
    (((HUGS))) Maria