How you were dignosed

Hi,

I would like to know how you were diagnosed?
my cousin is in UK , and she had some health issues after the birth of her daughter. she had a chest Xray and it showed a lump of size of Apricot in her lung.
Today she had many tests, and was told by the doctor to wait for a letter for CT and lung biopsy. because they want to wait for the results of TB (tubercolusis ). But she deos not have any cough or sputum. only sever night sweating, fever, pains in her body, weight loss etc.
The doctor did say something is going on inside the lung as he could see swollen veins in lungs, but he also says he suspect TB. I suspect the system is a bit slower in regards to making appointments re CT and lung Biopsy..
could it be TB? she is non smoker and was generally of good health before her pregnency.

Thanks,

Comments

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    The fastest way to dx tb,
    The fastest way to dx tb, that I am aware of, is by the tb tine test.
  • ellenm4
    ellenm4 Member Posts: 124
    dennycee said:

The fastest way to dx tb,
    The fastest way to dx tb, that I am aware of, is by the tb tine test.

Yea, my father had TB twice
    Yea, my father had TB twice and I remember both times. The test was simple, but after it showed TB, that is when the did a CT and a few other simple test and then put on meds and anitbodies for about 1 year. He had trouble breathing, coughing and was running fever. The last time he had it it came on very fast with all symptoms and we thought we were going to loose him. He lost 50 pounds, and his skin tone was turning grey. We finally got him into see a different doctor which changed everything....he was right on target and pulled out all the stops! He was great! If you are having to wait for papers on having a CT then it must be the type of insurance that you have and they are having to wait for approval before they can run the test. Maybe you should ask a few more questions. I seem a little loss here. But none the less you both are in my prayers!
  • ellenm4 said:

Yea, my father had TB twice
    Yea, my father had TB twice and I remember both times. The test was simple, but after it showed TB, that is when the did a CT and a few other simple test and then put on meds and anitbodies for about 1 year. He had trouble breathing, coughing and was running fever. The last time he had it it came on very fast with all symptoms and we thought we were going to loose him. He lost 50 pounds, and his skin tone was turning grey. We finally got him into see a different doctor which changed everything....he was right on target and pulled out all the stops! He was great! If you are having to wait for papers on having a CT then it must be the type of insurance that you have and they are having to wait for approval before they can run the test. Maybe you should ask a few more questions. I seem a little loss here. But none the less you both are in my prayers!

Thanks
    thanks dennycee and ellenm4.
    @ellenm4, In UK there is no issue with insurance, as Its free with NHS ( National health Service ), so i don't think it's because of the insurance. Maybe they want to confirm first if it is TB? I really don't know... We just pray it's TB. I wish and hope to never hear this word Cancer again for my family or any one.
    It's all very blur to me as well. I am v close to my cousin, as we were born/lived in the same home and she is even more than like my younger sister..... and thinking of even cancer makes me feel sick. I did not forget the trauma when my wife was diagnosed last year with stage 3b colon cancer only a month after our wedding.

Thanks once again.
  • ellenm4

Thanks
    thanks dennycee and ellenm4.
    @ellenm4, In UK there is no issue with insurance, as Its free with NHS ( National health Service ), so i don't think it's because of the insurance. Maybe they want to confirm first if it is TB? I really don't know... We just pray it's TB. I wish and hope to never hear this word Cancer again for my family or any one.
    It's all very blur to me as well. I am v close to my cousin, as we were born/lived in the same home and she is even more than like my younger sister..... and thinking of even cancer makes me feel sick. I did not forget the trauma when my wife was diagnosed last year with stage 3b colon cancer only a month after our wedding.

Thanks once again.

I agree with you on cancer.
    I agree with you on cancer. I wished that nobody ever has to deal with this evil, but reality is we do. I shall keep you in my prayers for the best of outcomes and never the worst. I know that with both of my dx, breast and lung I never ran fever at all. The fever would suggest infection of some sort. I understand the trauma of being told you have cancer and I can only imagine getting this news 1 month after getting married. This is horrible news. Stay strong and keep your faith stronger. Please keep us informed

Ellen
  • Kerry23
    Kerry23 Member Posts: 17
    My diagnosis
    I was having some night sweats, weight loss, involuntary gasps of air, shortness of breath and very tired. I called my doctor and asked the to do a LOWER abdomenal cat scan and they found a spot in lung. So, in a way, I was lucky. I really didn't thing it was upper but I am glad I got one, then had to get PET scan and found out I had Cancer. It is being removed in a few weeks. Wishing all the best to you....
  • Kerry23 said:

My diagnosis
    I was having some night sweats, weight loss, involuntary gasps of air, shortness of breath and very tired. I called my doctor and asked the to do a LOWER abdomenal cat scan and they found a spot in lung. So, in a way, I was lucky. I really didn't thing it was upper but I am glad I got one, then had to get PET scan and found out I had Cancer. It is being removed in a few weeks. Wishing all the best to you....

Kerry 23
    Best of luck with your treatment. I will keep you in my prayers. we are waiting for CT, which is on the 19th. she was diagnosed with TB day before. she had some enlarged lymph nodes. we are praying that it is due to TB and nothing else.
  • Kerry 23
    Best of luck with your treatment. I will keep you in my prayers. we are waiting for CT, which is on the 19th. she was diagnosed with TB day before. she had some enlarged lymph nodes. we are praying that it is due to TB and nothing else.

UPDATE
    My cousin had an appointment with the doctor today and I am happy to share that its

TB ONLY......

GOD BLESS YOU ALL>>>>>
  • ellenm4

UPDATE
    My cousin had an appointment with the doctor today and I am happy to share that its

TB ONLY......

GOD BLESS YOU ALL>>>>>

That is wonderful news
    That is wonderful news compared to cancer. Keep us informed and w shall continue to keep prayers coming your way
  • ellenm4 said:

That is wonderful news
    That is wonderful news compared to cancer. Keep us informed and w shall continue to keep prayers coming your way

ellenm4
    Thanks for your prayers...and sorry for v late reply. I have been extremely busy, and to be honest am exhausted..my wife had her 3 months blood work yesterday, which thank GOD was good!!! she is still NED:::: 14 months after stage 3b colon cancer...
    dealing with my sister's TB ( thank God, not Cancer !). moving to new place, no regular internet, and many many irritating issues...
    I need a break....

You will always be in my prayers...