scan thursday-accepting all prayers

This will be my first scan since my wife has left me 2 weeks ago. Under a lot of stress past 2 weeks but hoping for positive results. I have a lot of friends pulling for me, but I know the people on this forum know exactly how I feel. thanks chuck

Comments

• pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    you got some prayers from downunder chuck
    lots of prayers, mate.
    i know the anxiety, try some meditation, not medication if your into that.
    hugs,
    pete
  • Minnesotagirl
    Minnesotagirl Member Posts: 141
    From Cold Minnesota
    Chuck,

Here is some warm prayers and well wishes coming your way from cold Minnesota.

I remember well my first and second scan being terrified. I was so anxious and although I have always been a rather positive person, I couldn't get the all the "what if's" out of my mind. I wish you the best...take a deep breathe. To some people, this may sound crazy, but I use essential oils...peppermint, wintergreen, lavender...whatever I think will help me at that moment. I dab it on my temple, feet or behind my neck ( don't get it in your eyes though, it will burn) I especially like peppermint when I need a lift, wintergreen when I have muscle aches, lavender when I need rest or calming. I use quite a bit before scans to help me focus on positive energy and thoughts.

Remember, one foot in front of the other, breathe, breathe, breathe and you will be o.k. I am praying for you and your children. Our children are grown as well, but this c journey really affects them too. Keep your friends and family close and your enemies away~

"Always be in a state of expectancy, and see that you leave room for God to come in as He likes"

"Minnie"
  • pscott1
    pscott1 Member Posts: 207 Member
    I'll be praying for you Chuck.
    Mine is today at 3:00; I know EXACTLY how you feel. Think positive. Update us on how it turned out.

Hugs,

Pam
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    From NJ
    Chuck,

Sending you prayers and good thoughts from NJ!!

Amy
  • lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    Prayers coming your way.
    Prayers coming your way. Here's to positive results!
    Keeping you in the light, Chuck

Laura
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    lauragb said:

Prayers coming your way.
    Prayers coming your way. Here's to positive results!
    Keeping you in the light, Chuck

Laura

I go same day as you,
    I go same day as you, anxiety is through the roof!! Best wishes for great scans.
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Praying for a Good Scan
    Sorry about the loss of personal support. Please accept our prayers for a good scan for you.
    You have a support group here on line. Prayers,
    NB
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    smokeyjoe said:

I go same day as you,
    I go same day as you, anxiety is through the roof!! Best wishes for great scans.

Smokey Joe - Prayers for you as well
    Prayers for you for good scan results. My scan is coming up soon so I understand. Thinking of you.
    NB
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member

Praying for a Good Scan
    Sorry about the loss of personal support. Please accept our prayers for a good scan for you.
    You have a support group here on line. Prayers,
    NB

Hey Chuck.
    Prayers coming your way....can you feel it?
    Anyway, your wife stepping out on you sends me into orbit. A lot of processing goes with this, but you WILL come to a place where you know it was the best thing, to go separate ways. You can get on with healing physically and mentally. You don't need a stressor as big as that. You are young and have a lot of living to do. It will get there.
    When she realizes the grass isn't so green, hit the PAUSE button and think very, very, carefully. If she was scared, I don't buy it. When someone is "scared", they don't run to a person of the opposite sex. No excuses. None. (And I am a forgiving person.)
    HA - you didn't ask for my advice, but when it comes to relationships, I just spew advice all over the place.
    Get a good night's rest. Best to ya on the scan.
  • Mintleaf
    Mintleaf Member Posts: 2
    Will be praying for you....
    Positive thoughts and lots of prayers being lifted up for you.
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Wishing for the best results
    Scan days and waiting for the results is an anxious time but usually everything is good. Praying that is the case for you. Let us know.
    Jeff
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Please post your what we
    Please post your what we hope are most-excellent results when you get them.
    And if the news isn't so stellar, post anyway. You've found people who understand.
    Sleep Well~
  • wmcbane
    wmcbane Member Posts: 33
    Will be saying a prayer for
    Will be saying a prayer for you.
    It sucks about your wife, but I'm thinking you will need to let that go - that anger, angst, stress,bitterness-- and focus on yourself and this fight. Good to hear others are stepping up --> Solicit help, accept help from your friends. That was a hard one for me, but it was such a relief and a blessing once I did.
    I'm pulling for you.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    wmcbane said:

Will be saying a prayer for
    Will be saying a prayer for you.
    It sucks about your wife, but I'm thinking you will need to let that go - that anger, angst, stress,bitterness-- and focus on yourself and this fight. Good to hear others are stepping up --> Solicit help, accept help from your friends. That was a hard one for me, but it was such a relief and a blessing once I did.
    I'm pulling for you.

Best wishes and prayers!
    Hugs!
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Scan
    I hope it goes well...
    -p
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I am praying for you right
    I am praying for you right now.
  • need support
    need support Member Posts: 40
    good results!!!!!
    I can't thank everyone enough for their support and prayers. With all the stress in my life the past few weeks I was really nevous about the pet scan results. I just got a call from the oncology center and everything looks normal. I am going to move forward in my life and put the past behind me. I'm hoping the remainder of 2012 has some good times in store for me and the many others that suppport this forum. thanks again, chuck
  • toyfox
    toyfox Member Posts: 158 Member

good results!!!!!
    I can't thank everyone enough for their support and prayers. With all the stress in my life the past few weeks I was really nevous about the pet scan results. I just got a call from the oncology center and everything looks normal. I am going to move forward in my life and put the past behind me. I'm hoping the remainder of 2012 has some good times in store for me and the many others that suppport this forum. thanks again, chuck

good results
    So happy to hear this.
    Linda
  • Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    toyfox said:

good results
    So happy to hear this.
    Linda

Grats! So good to hear!

Grats! So good to hear!
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Semira said:

Grats! So good to hear!

Grats! So good to hear!

Good to hear, I was
    Good to hear, I was wondering as I went for my scans around the same time as you, but I don't have the results yet...even though apparently they're done and read about an hour after the scans are done...no one will let you know, they're sent to onc. and I don't see him till next week. But, apparently they get mailed to my fam. doc. so I'm gonna go and see if they've arrived at his office tomorrow. This waiting sucks!!!!