mastectomy Tuesday - serious anxiety

Pam5
Pam5 Member Posts: 232
Hi Everybody

I am having mastectomy on Tuesday and I have to say I am feeling a bit of anxiety. My surgeon sent me for breast mri, pet scan, chest wall mri. Then I flunked my pre-op electrocardiogram so had to see a cardiologist, who was concerned about the pulmonary embolism 2 1/2 years ago and some swelling in my right lower leg and ankle so sent me to a hematologist. I think everything is good to go at this point. I'm stressed because I've been down this road twice before and I'm always terrified they're going to find more when they get inside. Because of the tests, this should be ok. But they are only tests. In the meantime I'm trying to pray and meditate and keep my mind centered on recovery, but, it isn't always possible to stay there. I would so appreciate the pink bus early Tuesday morning - like 7:30am. Thank you so much.

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Dear Pam,
    I will be on your bus. This is a very stressful time, but please, do everything you can to lower your anxiety. My surgeon prescribed Ativan pre-surgery (I had wire guided lumpectomy). Rent some of your favorite movies - comedies only! Spend time with friends and family without overly talking about the surgery - just enjoying spending time together. Eat chocolate! How about your favorite Ben & Jerrys (mine is Chunky Monkey). Your friends here will be sending positive thoughts and praying for you.

Hugs,

Sue
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    sbmly53 said:

Dear Pam,
    I will be on your bus. This is a very stressful time, but please, do everything you can to lower your anxiety. My surgeon prescribed Ativan pre-surgery (I had wire guided lumpectomy). Rent some of your favorite movies - comedies only! Spend time with friends and family without overly talking about the surgery - just enjoying spending time together. Eat chocolate! How about your favorite Ben & Jerrys (mine is Chunky Monkey). Your friends here will be sending positive thoughts and praying for you.

Hugs,

Sue

Yes to all Sue said~
    I too was anxious, and my doctor prescribed Ativan before all procedures. It really helped me be calm. I too stocked the house with goodies and juices, movies etc. And always treated myself to new pj's prior to surgery, so i could recover in comfort. These acts also helped to prepare me and my mind for healing.
    I will keep you in thought and prayer pam~ you are surrounded by sisters (and a bro or two) here that know what you are feeling and sharing.
    Healing hugs~
    ~Melanie
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670

Yes to all Sue said~
    I too was anxious, and my doctor prescribed Ativan before all procedures. It really helped me be calm. I too stocked the house with goodies and juices, movies etc. And always treated myself to new pj's prior to surgery, so i could recover in comfort. These acts also helped to prepare me and my mind for healing.
    I will keep you in thought and prayer pam~ you are surrounded by sisters (and a bro or two) here that know what you are feeling and sharing.
    Healing hugs~
    ~Melanie

Pam
    you are in my prayers. Know that you have a whole bunch of pink ladies behind you!!!
    god bless and take care
    Laura
  • ThycaAnne
    ThycaAnne Member Posts: 68
    lolad said:

Pam
    you are in my prayers. Know that you have a whole bunch of pink ladies behind you!!!
    god bless and take care
    Laura

We're here for you.....
    Pam--we're here for you--praying......let us know how you are.

Anne
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Yes to all Sue said~
    Healing hugs~
    ~Melanie

Wishing you good luck on
    Wishing you good luck on Tuesday Pam. I will be there with you!

Hugs, Diane
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Yes to all Sue said~
    Healing hugs~
    ~Melanie

Good luck and I will be
    Good luck and I will be praying for you and on the pink bus!
  • ManWithaMission
    ManWithaMission Member Posts: 497
    Tuesday's Mastectomy
    Hello,Pam.
    I,too,will be praying for you as you go through surgery tomorrow. May the surgery go well, the recovery be quick and all your fears fall behind you.

Your Pink Brother,
    Robert
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Tuesday's Mastectomy
    Hello,Pam.
    I,too,will be praying for you as you go through surgery tomorrow. May the surgery go well, the recovery be quick and all your fears fall behind you.

Your Pink Brother,
    Robert

I will be praying tomorrow
    I will be praying tomorrow for a successful surgery for you Pam and a fast recovery.

Hugs, Kylez
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Kylez said:

I will be praying tomorrow
    I will be praying tomorrow for a successful surgery for you Pam and a fast recovery.

Hugs, Kylez

Praying for you Pam. Post
    Praying for you Pam. Post when you're feeling well enough to.

Hugs, Megan
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Missed the 7:30 am bus but got on at 1:00 pm
    Dear Pam

I missed the 7:30 am bus but got on the bus at 1:00 pm for the speedy recovery run. When I read your post, your tone made me view you as a very sweet person. Those are the vibes that I got from you.

I am wishing you good health for this year and the years to follow.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Missed the 7:30 am bus but got on at 1:00 pm
    Dear Pam

I missed the 7:30 am bus but got on the bus at 1:00 pm for the speedy recovery run. When I read your post, your tone made me view you as a very sweet person. Those are the vibes that I got from you.

I am wishing you good health for this year and the years to follow.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

Praying for a very speedy
    Praying for a very speedy recovery for you Pam!
  • MMO3
    MMO3 Member Posts: 44
    Pam & all you new pink riders (myself as well)
    Pam although strangers..suddenly we become pink family members and sisters at heart.
    I pray for you also and keep ur thoughts in a happy place. I agree with the comedies ONLY if movie watching. I could watch 'Elf' over and over and still laugh as if its the first..Perhaps we discuss or exchange simple, yet, favorite 'movie quotes' ..Just thinking of mine now brings me a smile and chuckle.
    I go in myself on Monday the 12th and will be thinking of my 3kids yet will be reciting funnies in my head. Also, keep up with anxiety meds until then-its a must. G'luck and lets FIGHT THIS LIKE GIRLS LADIES!!! Sending positive energy your way Pam!
  • sylvan
    sylvan Member Posts: 66
    You should have had surgery by now....
    I hope that everything went well and that you're on the road to feeling better. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Please let us know how things went when you have a chance to post.
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    sylvan said:

You should have had surgery by now....
    I hope that everything went well and that you're on the road to feeling better. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Please let us know how things went when you have a chance to post.

I missed this post earlier
    By now the surgery must be over. Hope it all went well. And altho late, I'm sending my prayers and best wishes,
    Suzanne