Carl update nearly 3 weeks in

Here we are nearly 3 weeks out and still no closer than square one. They are currently testing him for Hep B, yesterday found no traces of internal bleeding, They did discover an ulcer caused by the stints they placed so may have to go back and do something about those. Bili continues to rise, Albumin has slowly started coming up since he got they started giving him some. Was told he had to consumed 2000 calories by Monday or they are inserting feeding tube. To me his speech still sounds slow and off from before surgery, he says over all aside from fatigue he feels fine and thinks they are looking for something that just isn't there. they won't release him saying he isn't stable enough, they won't even at this time consider transporting him to a hospital here at home. I understand all the reasons just want him home.

Will update as I have more.

Comments

• steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    get well fast
    I hope things get better fast seems like there has been some progress though. Praying it continues. Jeff
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    We're still all here praying, wishing the best and thinking of you both. Do you have someone there for you? It has to be so exhausting.
    Please keep us updated.
    Hugs,
    Winter Marie
  • Carl_Renee
    Carl_Renee Member Posts: 84

We're still all here praying, wishing the best and thinking of you both. Do you have someone there for you? It has to be so exhausting.
    Please keep us updated.
    Hugs,
    Winter Marie

I am home
    After much persistence on his part and me really seeing there just isn't much I can do until they figure out what is going on chose to come home a few days ago so I can at least work. I had business calls coming in and building up and really not sure yet what to do with them as I can't schedule out too far since I simply just don't know what each day will bring. Some aren't liking the I will pencil you in but know that could change very last minute answer. Right now not really caring if they do which is just not how I am, but life for us right now just isn't how it was a month ago- day to day get things done. I even posted on the blog of the website but beginning to wonder just how many people look at the website now. I feel we are on a holding pattern until he can come home but even that is going to come with its own trials I'm sure.

Renee
  • Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member

I am home
    After much persistence on his part and me really seeing there just isn't much I can do until they figure out what is going on chose to come home a few days ago so I can at least work. I had business calls coming in and building up and really not sure yet what to do with them as I can't schedule out too far since I simply just don't know what each day will bring. Some aren't liking the I will pencil you in but know that could change very last minute answer. Right now not really caring if they do which is just not how I am, but life for us right now just isn't how it was a month ago- day to day get things done. I even posted on the blog of the website but beginning to wonder just how many people look at the website now. I feel we are on a holding pattern until he can come home but even that is going to come with its own trials I'm sure.

Renee

following your story from the start. Hope things will improve soon.

Hugs from germany
    Petra
  • lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member

I am home

Renee

What a tough three weeks
    What a tough three weeks you've had. I'm keeping you in the light and prayers.
    Just know that others care and are thinking of you.

Laura