Home

Brenda Bricco
Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
edited March 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
One week after my husband had his liver resection (removing 65% of his liver) I got to bring him home yesterday. There were some ups and downs in the last week from uncontrolled pain to heart rhythm troubles. I am so thankful to be home and having him doing so well. I know that the going home doesn't always go as fast as ours did. I am thinking of you Renee and praying that Carl gets over the hump and on his way to recovering at home.
I don't know that I have ever been so tired and if I have, I don't want to remember it. Thank you all for the support through this, it is so good to know that their are people praying and thinking about us while we are in the midst of such a hard ordeal.
I am so thankful for so much, praise GOD!
Brenda

Comments

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    welcome home
    and just remember recovery will take time.but with everyday,one day at a time hubby will get stronger and stronger.....Godbless....johnnybegood
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Glad to hear you are home
    Glad to hear you are home with all of its comforts and familiarity. May it be a place of solace and healing for both of you as he starts his path to wellness.
    Welcome home~
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    tommycat said:

Glad to hear you are home
    Glad to hear you are home with all of its comforts and familiarity. May it be a place of solace and healing for both of you as he starts his path to wellness.
    Welcome home~

Welcome home
    Welcome home and most of all a speedy recovery.
    Each day is a step forward to feeling better.
    hugs, Marjan
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Hi, It's so nice to hear

Hi, It's so nice to hear that he's home. :-) I remember how glad that Rick was to be home and in his own bed - and without nurses waking him up constantly. My best wishes go out to your hubby for a speedy recovery.

Cyn
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Hi, It's so nice to hear

Hi, It's so nice to hear that he's home. :-) I remember how glad that Rick was to be home and in his own bed - and without nurses waking him up constantly. My best wishes go out to your hubby for a speedy recovery.

Cyn

It seems he is having a great recovery
    I remember i was 20 days at the ICU ,lots of troubles!.And also remember how Good I feel once at home!.
    First days were a little bit scary but just very little things happened and everything was managed admirably by my Wife.
    So welcome home! Praying for a fast recovery at home!
  • Varmint5
    Varmint5 Member Posts: 384 Member
    Brought my daughter home yesterday too
    Brenda,

I got to bring my daughter home (to her house where I am staying for now) from her colon resection yesterday. Her surgery was last Thursday. She is doing very well. I worry about this time that she will be off chemo - four weeks, but not much we can do about that. I'm glad to hear your husband is doing well and is home. That's wonderful news! I also hope and pray Carl can get over the hump and start his recovery. Today a friend of mine whose young son also has stage IV colon cancer had his liver resection. So far he is doing well. Three young people from our very small town with colon cancer! It's just unbelievable. Hope my daughter can get to liver resection one day. Good to hear your good news - hope you get some much needed rest.

Sandy
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Varmint5 said:

Brought my daughter home yesterday too
    Brenda,

I got to bring my daughter home (to her house where I am staying for now) from her colon resection yesterday. Her surgery was last Thursday. She is doing very well. I worry about this time that she will be off chemo - four weeks, but not much we can do about that. I'm glad to hear your husband is doing well and is home. That's wonderful news! I also hope and pray Carl can get over the hump and start his recovery. Today a friend of mine whose young son also has stage IV colon cancer had his liver resection. So far he is doing well. Three young people from our very small town with colon cancer! It's just unbelievable. Hope my daughter can get to liver resection one day. Good to hear your good news - hope you get some much needed rest.

Sandy

So great to hear he's home
    So great to hear he's home and doing well, try and get some rest yourself.
  • Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    smokeyjoe said:

So great to hear he's home
    So great to hear he's home and doing well, try and get some rest yourself.

Welcome Home

A major piece behind you. For some reason, it always seems easier to handle things when you're on your own turf. May the healing continue!

Cathleen Mary
  • eibod
    eibod Member Posts: 160
    Hi Brenda, I had been
    Hi Brenda, I had been watching the site hoping for a post from you as to how the surgery went. So glad that he is home now, I know you must be relieved to have it behind you.
    I hope and pray his recovery is steady, and that you can get have some mental and physical recovery as well. I know it is hard on you as well, it really takes a lot out of you. Take care. Brenda
  • Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    eibod said:

Hi Brenda, I had been
    Hi Brenda, I had been watching the site hoping for a post from you as to how the surgery went. So glad that he is home now, I know you must be relieved to have it behind you.
    I hope and pray his recovery is steady, and that you can get have some mental and physical recovery as well. I know it is hard on you as well, it really takes a lot out of you. Take care. Brenda

Thanks everyone!
    It is so

Thanks everyone!
    It is so good to be home... as much as I missed my kids I let them stay on where they were until last night. I just knew how tired I was and wanted to be able to focus on getting hubby all settled and get a feel for what his needs would be. He is sleeping like a baby and is enjoying every minute of it. lol He told me that it is really hard to get any rest in the hospitl (I was there too). lol
    He is moving slow but in good spirits. :) I spent the day yesterday cleaning and making the biggest pot of chicken soup I have ever seen (he might just start clucking before it's gone). hehe
    I little funny... I developed a hemroid from all the sitting and driving lately! Sorry if that is distastful but it is a consequence that I had not thought of. I drove home in some pretty nasty weather switching from cheek to cheek for 4 hours. We were admiring his staples and wound yesterday when I asked him if he wanted to see my hemroid and he declined! What the heck... I thought we were in this together!
    In all seriousness, thank you guys for all your support. How does it feel to be sent by GOD? cause I know you were. ;)
    GOD bless you all.
    Brenda
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

Thanks everyone!
    It is so

Thanks everyone!
    It is so good to be home... as much as I missed my kids I let them stay on where they were until last night. I just knew how tired I was and wanted to be able to focus on getting hubby all settled and get a feel for what his needs would be. He is sleeping like a baby and is enjoying every minute of it. lol He told me that it is really hard to get any rest in the hospitl (I was there too). lol
    He is moving slow but in good spirits. :) I spent the day yesterday cleaning and making the biggest pot of chicken soup I have ever seen (he might just start clucking before it's gone). hehe
    I little funny... I developed a hemroid from all the sitting and driving lately! Sorry if that is distastful but it is a consequence that I had not thought of. I drove home in some pretty nasty weather switching from cheek to cheek for 4 hours. We were admiring his staples and wound yesterday when I asked him if he wanted to see my hemroid and he declined! What the heck... I thought we were in this together!
    In all seriousness, thank you guys for all your support. How does it feel to be sent by GOD? cause I know you were. ;)
    GOD bless you all.
    Brenda

Toooo Funny
    Brenda, picturing this was toooo funny. Not so funny for you, I'm sure.

In all seriousness, I'm glad your hubby is home and doing well.

Varmint, also glad to hear all is well with your daughter. You can breathe now!

I hope Renee is able to give us a good update soon.

Luv,

Wolfen