has any one had the durg trastuzumab with EC t3n1

I was a stage II diagnosed by the Hines Va center. I went to the VA in Milwaukee to have a second opinion because EC is one of there specialties and are teamed up with Froedtert hospital and MC of Wisconsin which is a good cancer hospital and school. I thought i was going to have surgery and be done with it according to Hines report, but some of the doctors in Milwaukee read the report and said it should be a T1B and all i would need is surgery and be done with this beast, any how they couldn't trust Hines report to many misplaced words and numbers so they had me take the Endoscopy over again just to make sure. it came back as a T3N1 So the doctors couldn't believe what was going on so the hole team took a look at the Hines VA films and reports again and came up with the same thing Hines should have put it at a T3N1 now the surgery is off and now iam two and half weeks behind on my chemo and Radiation which starts march 6th for six weeks. but during this time i apply for a trail drug study for EC people with the HER2 cell the same as breast cancer it showed good results for stage IV and now looking to do Stage 2 and 3 it is completely done by random only after you have been tested positive for HER2 cell over all it was a 1 in 6 chance i would get the drug the Trastuzumab along with my 2 chemo drugs and radiation. I guess what Iam trying to say is has anyone had the this drug at this stage T3N1 and did it work. http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/view?cdrid=691519&version=HealthProfessional&protocolsearchid=6410506

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • USMC1737
    USMC1737 Member Posts: 5
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

trastuzumab with EC T1N1
    thanks for the reply
    i do have the her2 positive and this is a trial drug test for stage 2 and 3 EC. it was a 1 in 6 chance i would get in the study group and get the drug, it will be give at the the same time as my other two drugs not quite sure what they do for you but make you sick as hell, My treatment will be radiation for six weeks straight five days a week and Carboplatin, Paclitaxel and trastuzumab once a week for six weeks. not sure what type surgery yet but did tell i would prefer MIE. Iam hope that these three drugs kick the hell out this beast.
  • JReed
    JReed Member Posts: 428
    USMC1737 said:

trastuzumab with EC T1N1
    thanks for the reply
    i do have the her2 positive and this is a trial drug test for stage 2 and 3 EC. it was a 1 in 6 chance i would get in the study group and get the drug, it will be give at the the same time as my other two drugs not quite sure what they do for you but make you sick as hell, My treatment will be radiation for six weeks straight five days a week and Carboplatin, Paclitaxel and trastuzumab once a week for six weeks. not sure what type surgery yet but did tell i would prefer MIE. Iam hope that these three drugs kick the hell out this beast.

Carboplatin and Taxol
    Don's diagnosis was 11-21-2011 and with all the monkeying around - getting to the right doctor at the right place - delays due to the holidays, his treatment did not start until Jan. 4 (radiation) and Jan. 5 (chemo - carboplatin and taxol). I was madder than a wet hen and darned near shot the messengers on that deal.

Don got sick exactly 2 days after his first chemo treatment and I thought, oh man, here we go. After the second week, the chemo doctor started Don on IV fluids on the day of chemo (Wed) and again on Friday. He had radiation everyday M-F including the day of chemo. Once they got Don started on the fluids, that really seemed to be the boost he needed to not be so darned sick. The treatment turned out to be very doable for Don and he tolerated it quite well - I really think that the fluids were a big plus in his case because the first two times he got chemo - he was pretty darned sick 48 hours later. (Also - he woke up on the 2nd day after receiving his first chemo and went to get coffee and just about hurled - he hasn't drank coffee since - so don't be surprised that smells and tastes may drastically change.)

Also, Don was tested for HER2+, but waiting for the results would have meant going on a different type of radiation machine and we were already frustrated with the delays and said "forget it". In the end, it turned out Don is HER2+ but our chemo doc explained that the studies are not in yet and said not to stress over it. It's hard not to stress, because you wonder if 'that' would have been the magic beans.

Anyway - he has completed chemo/rads and today went to Univ of Mich for the pre-op scans and tests and if the CT scan and barium swallow confirm that the cancer has not spread, Don will have the surgery on the 22nd of March.

Don's stage is T3N1M0. We wish you all the luck in the world with your treatment. Please come back as often as you can and let us know how you are doing.

The pioneers on this site are very helpful - please ask any questions that come to mind or seek advice. They have been a true Godsend for us.

Best wishes,
    Judy