Lupus

Lighthouse_7
Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
I got the results of blood work, looks like early Lupus. I guess my antibodies are suspect.
Just watching for now to see if any other symptoms arise. I'll keep you posted on bone scan results Thursday.
Thanks for checking.
Wanda

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Thanks for letting us know
    Thanks for letting us know Wanda. Praying for your bone scan results to be good. Please post when you know something about them.

Big hugs,

Kylez
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Kylez said:

Thanks for letting us know
    Thanks for letting us know Wanda. Praying for your bone scan results to be good. Please post when you know something about them.

Big hugs,

Kylez

Lupus????
    Wanda,
    Did your doctor said early Lupus? I hope both of you are mistaken.
    Hugs
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Lupus????
    Wanda,
    Hugs

Is this a good news/bad news
    Is this a good news/bad news thing. Dont know if i should say yay? anyway hopefully good news is an early diagnosis, means they can keep it to a dull roar . fingers crossed for a good bone scan result
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Hoping for good bone scan results!
    Then you will be able to evaluate exactly what you are facing.

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers, and keeping my fingers crossed for rechecking blood work and finding nothing,

Jennifer
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    grams2jc said:

Hoping for good bone scan results!
    Then you will be able to evaluate exactly what you are facing.

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers, and keeping my fingers crossed for rechecking blood work and finding nothing,

Jennifer

Huh?
    Lupus? Why do they think lupus? What blood test indicated that? Why did they do the test?

I had a low level positive ANA test 9 months ago as part of evaluating my hair thing. My pcp said a low level positive ANA is nonspecific. I decided I didn't want to know any more but it sometimes worries me that she might be on the watch for any symptoms or other abnormal labs that might come up with me. It's unlike me to bury my head in the sand and I probably should ask for more information the next time I see her.

Hope everything turns out ok for you.

Suzanne
  • Lighthouse_7

Huh?
    Lupus? Why do they think lupus? What blood test indicated that? Why did they do the test?

I had a low level positive ANA test 9 months ago as part of evaluating my hair thing. My pcp said a low level positive ANA is nonspecific. I decided I didn't want to know any more but it sometimes worries me that she might be on the watch for any symptoms or other abnormal labs that might come up with me. It's unlike me to bury my head in the sand and I probably should ask for more information the next time I see her.

Suzanne

Well, there is no test for
    Well, there is no test for Lupus per se, but they look at how many symptoms and if anti bodies are high or low. The reason for the visit to the Rhemotoligist (spelling) was for the reason I keep getting swelling and fluid in my joints. Remember my post about my hip effusion?
    Anyway if it is early Lupus he will treat me with meds but wants to wait and test again in a few months and also to see if I get anymore fluid. My daughter just got dx'd with this also. So weird to me. She is 36 years old and has joint issues and the rash that Lupus is famous for and is on meds. She goes to a different doctor. I have also had several boats with mysterious rashes through the years.
    Anyway, sorry for the length of this post but I figured I would let you all know why I went to him. My PC doc sent me there.

The bone scan is the final test to see of course if the beast is causing any of this.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Lighthouse_7

Lupus????
    Wanda,
    Hugs

OMG..I hope you don't think
    OMG..I hope you don't think I want to hear early Lupus. Of course he said that. Wasn't my idea :)
  • stacy_harp
    stacy_harp Member Posts: 44

Well, there is no test for Lupus per se, but they look at how many symptoms and if anti bodies are high or low. The reason for the visit to the Rhemotoligist (spelling) was for the reason I keep getting swelling and fluid in my joints. Remember my post about my hip effusion?
    Anyway if it is early Lupus he will treat me with meds but wants to wait and test again in a few months and also to see if I get anymore fluid. My daughter just got dx'd with this also. So weird to me. She is 36 years old and has joint issues and the rash that Lupus is famous for and is on meds. She goes to a different doctor. I have also had several boats with mysterious rashes through the years.
    Anyway, sorry for the length of this post but I figured I would let you all know why I went to him. My PC doc sent me there.

The bone scan is the final test to see of course if the beast is causing any of this.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

I'm new here
    I sure hope everything goes well for you. I have a friend that went through treatment or cervical cancer and is now being tested for lupus and/or MS symptoms. She is really struggling and it is not easy to go from one battle to the next. Hang in there and post when ya know more :)
  • Lighthouse_7

I'm new here
    I sure hope everything goes well for you. I have a friend that went through treatment or cervical cancer and is now being tested for lupus and/or MS symptoms. She is really struggling and it is not easy to go from one battle to the next. Hang in there and post when ya know more :)

Thanks so much Stacy,
    It

Thanks so much Stacy,
    It really helped to read your post. Please tell your friend that I know what she's going through and I send her all my best.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

OMG..I hope you don't think
    OMG..I hope you don't think I want to hear early Lupus. Of course he said that. Wasn't my idea :)

Wanda, I am so sorry.
    Wanda, I am so sorry. Praying for you and sending you a big hug!

Love, Leeza
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

I'm new here

I am so sorry Wanda that you
    I am so sorry Wanda that you have lupus. You've already been through so much. I will pray for you.

Hugs, Jan
  • Lighthouse_7

I am so sorry Wanda that you
    I am so sorry Wanda that you have lupus. You've already been through so much. I will pray for you.

Hugs, Jan

Thanks so much Jan,
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Huh?

Suzanne

I'm very sorry Wanda that
    I'm very sorry Wanda that you are facing lupus now. Hugs and positive thoughts!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Noel said:

I'm very sorry Wanda that
    I'm very sorry Wanda that you are facing lupus now. Hugs and positive thoughts!

so so so sorry, Miss Wanda ....
    What a turn of events -- isn't it enough that we suffered thru breast cancer -- ??
    I hate hearing this, but more importantly, I hate that you are facing more doctor
    visitors, testing, scans and lupus --

so sorry dear Wanda.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Hugs,
    Wanda

If it is early Lupus Wanda,
    If it is early Lupus Wanda, I hope that you can be treated easily with meds that will have no side effects for you. Good luck with the bone scan and please post your results for us.

Big hugs,

Diane
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    VickiSam said:

so so so sorry, Miss Wanda ....
    What a turn of events -- isn't it enough that we suffered thru breast cancer -- ??
    I hate hearing this, but more importantly, I hate that you are facing more doctor
    visitors, testing, scans and lupus --

so sorry dear Wanda.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

Oh no Wanda! I am sorry
    Oh no Wanda! I am sorry that you might have lupus now, so very sorry. I am sending lots of cyber hugs to you today and good luck on your scan.

Sue :(