new to board

cherieva
cherieva Member Posts: 1
hi, i'm new to this board. just had one ovary removed which was benign. and had left mastectomy and first lymph node removed for stage 2 breast cancer, surgeon took 11 more lymph nodes but they were all clean. they are recommending that i do chemo and i am seeing docs to try to get more info and decide what to do. i'm 55 and have hepatitis c with cirrhosis, enlarged spleen and low platelets. wondering if anyone here knows anything about this type of situation and/or just about chemo in general. thanks, cher

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    welcome..YOU have come to
    welcome..YOU have come to the right place to find info, opinions etc.

MY Mom never had cancer but cirrhosis and bad platlets. My hubby has type A blood as donor they keep contacting him due to NEED..NOw they want him to donate platlets. HE WILL do since my mom used so many for last 3-4 mths of her life..

I have no advice since I have not gone through this but I am sure others will be helpful

Denise
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440

welcome..YOU have come to
    welcome..YOU have come to the right place to find info, opinions etc.

MY Mom never had cancer but cirrhosis and bad platlets. My hubby has type A blood as donor they keep contacting him due to NEED..NOw they want him to donate platlets. HE WILL do since my mom used so many for last 3-4 mths of her life..

I have no advice since I have not gone through this but I am sure others will be helpful

Denise

Welcome Cher
    I'm sorry I dont have any advice.
    Just wanted to welcome you, and let you know that you've come too the right place.
    Big Hugs coming your way.
    Karie
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Welcome!
    Hi and welcome! I don't have any information on what you're asking (reference to blood work), but I'm sure other sisters will help. You are in the right place. Please know we will always be here for when you start your treatments. You are not alone.

What kind of chemo regimen is your Dr. recomending? I recieved AC/T (8) chemo last year and many on this forum have experience with this. Everyone is different and reacts different to chemo. But once you know the plan, we can give you some feedback and advise on how to help minimize some of the side effects.

Hugs
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member

Welcome!
    Hi and welcome! I don't have any information on what you're asking (reference to blood work), but I'm sure other sisters will help. You are in the right place. Please know we will always be here for when you start your treatments. You are not alone.

What kind of chemo regimen is your Dr. recomending? I recieved AC/T (8) chemo last year and many on this forum have experience with this. Everyone is different and reacts different to chemo. But once you know the plan, we can give you some feedback and advise on how to help minimize some of the side effects.

Hugs

Welcome
    Welcome to the best support group around! I don't have any advise either for your specific situation. I'm sure others will.

Sorry you had to join us, but glad you found us!

Keep us posted.

Hugs, Debi
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    debi.18 said:

Welcome
    Welcome to the best support group around! I don't have any advise either for your specific situation. I'm sure others will.

Sorry you had to join us, but glad you found us!

Keep us posted.

Hugs, Debi

welcome, no advice her
    welcome, no advice her either on Hep C. but this is a great place for support. Your doctor will give you info on your safest course, then whenyou find out you can let us know.
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Hi Cher
    I do not have any advice for you but I did want to welcome you to our board. You will be glad you found us. We will be here for you no matter what.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Welcome
    Sorry you had to come but also glad you came. Chemo is rough on the body. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it were also a killer of hep C? I know that this is probably wishful thinking, but who knows if it might slow progression. I would ask your oncologist this question if I were you. Your oncologist may have to do some consulting with the doctor who is in charge of you treatment for your kidney. Will put you on the prayer list lady.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    weazer said:

Welcome Cher
    I'm sorry I dont have any advice.
    Just wanted to welcome you, and let you know that you've come too the right place.
    Big Hugs coming your way.
    Karie

I also want to welcome you
    I also want to welcome you Cher to this great site! I am sorry that you're here, but, you are now surrounded with pink sisters that will help you in anyway that we can.

Hugs, Diane
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Welcome!

Hugs

Hello and welcome Cher!

Hello and welcome Cher!
  • Slimsixtwo
    Slimsixtwo Member Posts: 24
    Welcome to the board no one
    Welcome to the board no one wants to be apart of, but everyone here is AWESOME with a plethora of knowledge! I came on board in January and have grown attached to my pink sisters and brothers. Good luck to you on this journey.

Selena
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Welcome
    Hi,

Chemo is different for everyone depending on the drugs your oncologist chooses and how your body reacts. It's not as awful as it used to be years ago. You shouldn't have any nausea, but if you do they will give you pills to counteract it. I wish you well and welcome to the group.

Terry
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Welcome to the board no one
    Welcome to the board no one wants to be apart of, but everyone here is AWESOME with a plethora of knowledge! I came on board in January and have grown attached to my pink sisters and brothers. Good luck to you on this journey.

Selena

Welcome Cher!
    Welcome Cher! And, I wish you all the best in your treatment. Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Hugs, Jan