Starting BOOSTS

MsGebby
MsGebby Member Posts: 659
I have finished the 28 radiation treatments ... FINALLY! Tomorrow starts the boosts. I thought I was going to be told I have to stop. I have been burned up pretty good. The doctor sent me home a week ago with medicated burn cream. It is working! 8 BOOSTS and I will be a rad grad. Why does this excite me so much??? It doesn't matter ... I just want to finish.

I see my MO tomorrow. It will be the first time I see her since starting the radiation. I wonder what she will say when she sees how burnt I am. She will most likely get me set up with a PET Scan and some blood work.

I pray that everything will be fine.

Trying NOT to do the happy dance YET ...

8*)

Comments

• grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Fingers crossed!
    That nobody stops you now. I know I had a really hard time getting done, too burned.

So crossing my fingers anad toes for you,

Jennifer
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    grams2jc said:

Fingers crossed!
    That nobody stops you now. I know I had a really hard time getting done, too burned.

Jennifer

Sending you positive and happy thoughts!!
    Keep up that positive attitude of yours --

Prayers, Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Light at the end of the long tunnel
    Glad the finish line is just ahead.

A lot of women have radiation burns, Mary. Your MO probably won't say a thing.

Am happy for you that it will soon be over. It is tiresome, daily radiation.

Best,

Doris
  • madsters1
    madsters1 Member Posts: 120
    Yikes! I was supposed to
    Yikes! I was supposed to start rads last week but haven't fully committed to having them. WHY did you burn so badly? The docs told me that bigger breasted women stand a higher chance of burning because of the extra skin folds. Other than that they said smaller breasted women (me) more than likely won't have anything more than a sunburn. So what am I to expect?
  • MsGebby
    madsters1 said:

Yikes! I was supposed to
    Yikes! I was supposed to start rads last week but haven't fully committed to having them. WHY did you burn so badly? The docs told me that bigger breasted women stand a higher chance of burning because of the extra skin folds. Other than that they said smaller breasted women (me) more than likely won't have anything more than a sunburn. So what am I to expect?

Don't worry
    Everyone is different. I am small breasted - 36B - It was the last week that I burned. I am good now. The cream I use is fantastic! The boosts are "superficial". They don't penetrate the breast tissue. It's not scary. When I first laid on the table, I just said (outloud) "goodbye cancer". My belief that this was the right thing to do never waivered.

I pray your journey will go by faster than you think. Just be prepared to feel fatigue at some point. Your cancer cells are going to die but so are healthy ones. When this happens, your body works overtime to replace those healthy cells and you simply get tired.

Keep us informed about your treatments. You came to the right place. Without these sisters, I don't think I would have weathered the storm the way I did.

Your Pink Sister,
    Mary
  • MsGebby
    SIROD said:

Light at the end of the long tunnel
    Glad the finish line is just ahead.

A lot of women have radiation burns, Mary. Your MO probably won't say a thing.

Am happy for you that it will soon be over. It is tiresome, daily radiation.

Best,

Doris

YAY ME
    the number is now 6!
  • MsGebby
    grams2jc said:

Fingers crossed!

Jennifer

HUGS
    Thank You Jen .. You have always been right there with me. Love you for that.

xoxo
  • MsGebby
    VickiSam said:

Sending you positive and happy thoughts!!
    Keep up that positive attitude of yours --

Prayers, Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

YES MA'AM
    Smiling too! Another stead fast supporter of mine. I don't know how I got through this so far. My heartfelt THANKS for always keeping me sane!

Love
    Mary
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    MsGebby said:

YAY ME
    the number is now 6!

Almost done!

Almost done!