Surgery Thursday

I saw the surgeon today. He confirmed the Pathology report of a low grade Phyllodes tumor. I have a wire localization and removal with margins Thursday. I am super nervous about the procedure.

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Stacy
    I don't know much about this cancer as there have only been a few here that I have heard with this kind of tumor. I wish you all the best and will say a prayer that all goes well and they get it all.

Hugs and Prayers,
    Carol
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Your Upcoming Surgery
    Hi Stacy,

I think you need to put out the call for the Pink Bus! You have never asked that it be gassed up but I think now is the time, don't you? The last time I was on it the kazoo music was a bit loud but then again, so were the spirits of everyone on board.

I had a right mastectomy so I can't really give any advice about a lumpectomy. I can send you my good wishes though. I do remember that the post-surgical pain was far better than I had anticipated. At a separate time I had the wire localization procedure and while it is very strange to see a wire poking out of your breast it was not overly painful. This is done to help the surgeon locate the lump he will be removing. As I recall, the radiologist put the wire in and then I went to a different building and had the surgery done. The best thing you can do to calm yourself is to be prepared and informed.

Post as often as you can think of something you want to say. The Pinks are here.

IRENE
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

Your Upcoming Surgery
    Hi Stacy,

I think you need to put out the call for the Pink Bus! You have never asked that it be gassed up but I think now is the time, don't you? The last time I was on it the kazoo music was a bit loud but then again, so were the spirits of everyone on board.

I had a right mastectomy so I can't really give any advice about a lumpectomy. I can send you my good wishes though. I do remember that the post-surgical pain was far better than I had anticipated. At a separate time I had the wire localization procedure and while it is very strange to see a wire poking out of your breast it was not overly painful. This is done to help the surgeon locate the lump he will be removing. As I recall, the radiologist put the wire in and then I went to a different building and had the surgery done. The best thing you can do to calm yourself is to be prepared and informed.

Post as often as you can think of something you want to say. The Pinks are here.

IRENE

I had lumpectomy
    and wire localization, and keep in mind that we are all so different and my experience may not be yours, but neither procedure hurt. I did my regular three-mile walk the next morning, went to a baby shower the day after that, and back to work three days later.

Hope your procedures go as well:)

xo
    Victoria
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Good luck with your surgery!
    If the pink bus goes I am on it. Silly string and all!

Prayers and positive thoughts,

Jennifer
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    grams2jc said:

Good luck with your surgery!
    If the pink bus goes I am on it. Silly string and all!

Prayers and positive thoughts,

Jennifer

I am sending positive
    I am sending positive thoughts and prayers for your surgery Stacy!

Hugs, Noel
  • ThycaAnne
    ThycaAnne Member Posts: 68
    Stacy......
    I am not up on this type of cancer either, but I had the wire loc & a lumpectomy. The wire loc is nothing but a tiny pinch. When I woke up after the lumpectomy in the recovery room, I asked my husband if it was over yet. I went home an hour later. I think I took one pain pill the first night, but never took another one. The only reason I didn't exercise the next day was that I had a brachytherapy temporary catheter inserted & wasn't allowed to sweat. I did walk a couple of days after that. The day before I started my radiation, I walked 7 miles!!

Keep us posted--we're here to help!!

Anne
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    ThycaAnne said:

Stacy......
    I am not up on this type of cancer either, but I had the wire loc & a lumpectomy. The wire loc is nothing but a tiny pinch. When I woke up after the lumpectomy in the recovery room, I asked my husband if it was over yet. I went home an hour later. I think I took one pain pill the first night, but never took another one. The only reason I didn't exercise the next day was that I had a brachytherapy temporary catheter inserted & wasn't allowed to sweat. I did walk a couple of days after that. The day before I started my radiation, I walked 7 miles!!

Anne

Stacy .. you are in my
    Stacy .. you are in my thoughts & prayers...

Hugs,
    Eva
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    ThycaAnne said:

Stacy......

Anne

Stacy, you are in my
    Stacy, you are in my prayers!

Sue :)
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    ThycaAnne said:

Stacy......

Anne

Wishing you the best of luck
    Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Megan M said:

Wishing you the best of luck
    Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow!

Stacy .. We are thinking and praying for you
    today. Wishing for a speedy recovery as well.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    VickiSam said:

Stacy .. We are thinking and praying for you
    today. Wishing for a speedy recovery as well.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

Praying your surgery went
    Praying your surgery went well today and that you are resting comfortably now.

Hugs, Debby