Post from Inspire....13 years NED

Hissy_Fitz
Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
This was posted on the Inspire board. I know who much everyone loves to read these.

She said, "I was diagnosed at Stage III-c on May 17, 1999. I am nearing my 13 year anniversary - dancing with NED - no recurrences. Thank God!"

Comments

• jbeans888
    jbeans888 Member Posts: 313
    Now this I like. Thank you
    Now this I like. Thank you Carlene.
  • lauripiper
    lauripiper Member Posts: 28
    Thanks!
    Thanks for posting this. I just passed my 1 year anniversary of the end of chemo. And it's great to hear about a long term remission from stage 3c, I was stage 3 as well. Today I saw a bunch of 14, 17, 25 yr remission(recurrence) posts but they were all from stage 1. I don't know what the future holds but I have to hope for a long remission. I had just turned 40 when diagnosed and I have great doctors but being told cheerfully that "we're going to get you to retirement" was actually hard to hear when I was expecting to live until my 80's.

I'm trying to stay positive and aim for my 80's anyway!
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member

Thanks!
    Thanks for posting this. I just passed my 1 year anniversary of the end of chemo. And it's great to hear about a long term remission from stage 3c, I was stage 3 as well. Today I saw a bunch of 14, 17, 25 yr remission(recurrence) posts but they were all from stage 1. I don't know what the future holds but I have to hope for a long remission. I had just turned 40 when diagnosed and I have great doctors but being told cheerfully that "we're going to get you to retirement" was actually hard to hear when I was expecting to live until my 80's.

I'm trying to stay positive and aim for my 80's anyway!

Just beautiful!
    This gives me hope that I might be able to stay NED indefinitely.

Kelly
  • lulu1010
    lulu1010 Member Posts: 367

Just beautiful!
    This gives me hope that I might be able to stay NED indefinitely.

Kelly

Thanks for posting!
    It sure gives me a boost and a glimmer of hope! I needed that!