Lisa42

Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
edited February 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Lisa is not doing well. Her husband posted on FB ad they have called hospice. She is in a semi conscious state and on moraphine. The family is taking turns caring fr her. Please keep Lisa and her family in your prayers. This is a very difficult time for them

I am so very sad.

(Hi, this is Lisa's husband. I'm sorry to report that Lisa has taken a turn for the worse and she is now in a semi-conscious state. Hospice came into our home today. Lisa is on morphine and resting in a hospital bed in our den. We have family members taking turns giving her 24 hour care. My beautiful wife is in God's hands now. It has been a difficult Valentine's Day Thank you all for your love and support. Andre Didier)

Here is a wonderful prayer from a family friend

Heavenly Father I ask you to please hold up the Didier and Smith families at this time. We know your hand is in each and every detail and that this is all part of your perfect plan, yet in our humanness we feel sad and afraid, our hearts are heavy. We pray for Your comfort and peace which surpasses all understanding for Lisa and all that love her. We pray that Lisa be comfortable and pain free as she prepares to be with you Jesus. We know that if it is your will, there will be a miracle of healing on earth, and if this is the time appointed for her to be with You then we know her perfect healing will take place in her heavenly body. We pray that Lisa feels the love and prayers of so many whose lives she has blessed in ways she does not even know. We thank you Lord, for our precious sister Lisa and the beautiful ray of sunshine she continues to be in our lives. We love you Lord Jesus and pray all these things in your name. Amen

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Thank you for the update.
    I have been, and will continue to, keep Lisa in my prayers.

She is a tough warrior, I wish for her now a release from pain and suffering, whatever that may mean...

Hugs, Kathi
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Thank you Raquel
    My prayers and heart are with you Lisa. You are so loved. My heart is broken.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    I am soo sad ...I wish for
    I am soo sad ...I wish for comfort for her and peace for her family. What a strong courageous woman!

Love you Lisa!

Gail
  • Phoebesnow
    Phoebesnow Member Posts: 600 Member
    plh4gail said:

I am soo sad ...I wish for
    I am soo sad ...I wish for comfort for her and peace for her family. What a strong courageous woman!

Love you Lisa!

Gail

Lisa
    Her light will never go out and she will be here to guide us with her true, kind and honest words. My prayers go out to her and her family and her dogs.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Lisa
    Her light will never go out and she will be here to guide us with her true, kind and honest words. My prayers go out to her and her family and her dogs.

Thank you for posting Rachel.
    I'm praying for Lisa.
  • buckeye2
    buckeye2 Member Posts: 428 Member
    My heart and prayers go out
    My heart and prayers go out to Lisa and her family. Lisa
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Love you Lisa
    I haven't posted on here, other then hoping that miracle would happen..praying it would. You know how much you mean to me, how much you all do. But you took me under your wing..can't believe wont be seeing you this year...You, Andre and the kids are in my prayers. Thank you Rachel for keeping us updated.
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Thank you
    Thank you for posting this update.

Prayers for them all as they spend these precious moments with dear Lisa.

Marie who loves kitties
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Nana:
    Thanks for keeping us updated. This is a very sad day for the board. Lisa's presence is very much missed. Always upbeat, always so very encouraging, always praying for a miracle for herself and everyone on the board.

May Lisa feel the love and prayers that surrounds her.

Love and Hugs - Tina and George
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    This news brings tears and a

This news brings tears and a heavy heart to me today. Lisa has always been such an inspiration to us, she'll be so very missed.

Lisa, may the angels carry you upon their wings into the heavens.

God bless,

Cynthia and Rick
  • lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    Thanks for the
    Thanks for the update.

Amen.

Laura
  • Grace14
    Grace14 Member Posts: 65
    lauragb said:

Thanks for the
    Thanks for the update.

Amen.

Laura

I will keep Lisa and her
    I will keep Lisa and her family in my prayers!! Very sad news!!
  • jasminsaba
    jasminsaba Member Posts: 157 Member
    Terrible news ...
    this saddens me to no end ... she is a wonderful person, and I can't STOP thinking about her children and how they must be feeling right now watching their mom fade away. I pray for strength, comfort and understanding for her family during this most difficult time.
  • here4lfe
    here4lfe Member Posts: 306 Member
    Thanks for the update
    She has been on my mind lately. God Bless.

Best to her and her family.
  • Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    here4lfe said:

Thanks for the update
    She has been on my mind lately. God Bless.

Best to her and her family.

Lisa and her family

With an aching heart, my prayer continues.
    Love,
    Cathleen Mary
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Rachel
    Thank you for the update. I, along with others, wish it were better news.
    -phil
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    PhillieG said:

Rachel
    Thank you for the update. I, along with others, wish it were better news.
    -phil

to Lisa
    Lisa you are in my prayers.....

Lisa you have fought so hard, you have risen to every new challenge.

I admire your courage my dearest girl

with best love,

maggie
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    maglets said:

to Lisa
    Lisa you are in my prayers.....

Lisa you have fought so hard, you have risen to every new challenge.

I admire your courage my dearest girl

with best love,

maggie

Thank You
    Thank you for the posting Rachel, as I have been and will be praying for Lisa every morning and night. She has been a shining light for me when I started this journey together with oour friend Buzz. He also informed me and gave me strength and hope.

Lisa is in the hands of our Lord, his will will be done on earth as in heaven. May the family have comfort in knowing that we all love Lisa and pray for her and for them also.

With love to all,
    Marjan
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    I am am so sorry to read
    I am am so sorry to read this. My heart aches for Lisa and her family.Saying prayers.
    Judy
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    jjaj133 said:

I am am so sorry to read
    I am am so sorry to read this. My heart aches for Lisa and her family.Saying prayers.
    Judy

Lisa....
    You have been around the boards as long as I....a tad longer actually. Your friendship has meant the world to me. I will cherish all you have given me. My heart hurts.

Jennie