Seizures :(

chicken2799
chicken2799 Member Posts: 105
I'm laying in a bed in ICU and my blood pressure cuff just went off! After feeling so very hopeful over the positive MRI, I had a setback last night. I got out of the gym last night and went home. At the gym I felt a little faint, but put it off as being tired from exercising. As I started pushing the numbers on the microwave to heat up my plate, it was like I could only see out of my right eye! I told my husband something seemed funny withy eyes like I had been looking at a bright light with that eye but only half is eye was doing it! We called my cousin to come stay with my daughter! Joey loaded me in the truck and me headed to Mobile Infirmary. We got there and in the emergency room I had to sit down. Joey finished paperwork and sat beside me. All I know is I came around getting put on a stretcher in the lobby! I had a full fledge seizure, right on front of everyone, kids and all. I have bruises on my knee from the seizure, and my poor husband said he kept calling for help and no one came. He was so upset! They got me in back and I had another one 30 minutes later! They gave me 4 mg of Ativan and was fixing to give me more but I finally came out of it! I font know how to describe a seizure other that petrifying!!! It has taken me on and off all day to write this, and I am still in ICU. I'm starting to are Auras again but I am trying to put off ativan till my little princess comes and sees me! What if it back??? What will she do? She's only 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers Please!

Comments

• cindysuetoyou
    cindysuetoyou Member Posts: 513
    Praying!
    Praying!!! Hang in there! We are having all kinds of learning experiences with seizures and I can totally understand your husband's terror and being very upset, and your fear too.

Our NO told us that seizures can be triggered by a host of issues...stress, an infection, even a cold. And he very specifically told us that they are not an indicator of tumor growth. David had two very bad seizures, five minutes apart, and they did an MRI the next day, and that's when we found out that David had a good response to his chemo, and his tumor had shrunk. We expected to hear that it had grown a lot and that's why he had the seizures.

I know it's terribly hard and probably close to impossible to do, but please try hard not to imagine the worst things. Seizures happen to people who have had tumors...just because they have had tumors.

David had two seizures in the hospital on Sunday, triggered by his infection and the antibiotics, bad enough ones that they called a code blue. Today he has recovered so much that he will probably go home today or tomorrow. The reason he is still here is because of the infection, not the seizures.

I'm praying for you, Michelle! I'm praying hard!!!

Love, blessings, peace, healing, strength to you and your family!
    Cindy
  • connsteele
    connsteele Member Posts: 232
    Thinking of you
    Sorry to hear about your seizures. Thinking and praying that the docs will be able to get the right combo of meds to prevent others. Hang in there.
  • alutiiqmom
    alutiiqmom Member Posts: 256
    prayers and all good thoughts
    HI Michelle-

I like what Cindysue wrote to you. It will be ok. You just had a good MRI. Just remember, all things will work out for your good. You don't need to worry, give it all to God. I am thankful your husband is right there with you. We will include you in our prayers. God Bless you and yours.

Edna
  • chicken2799

prayers and all good thoughts
    HI Michelle-

I like what Cindysue wrote to you. It will be ok. You just had a good MRI. Just remember, all things will work out for your good. You don't need to worry, give it all to God. I am thankful your husband is right there with you. We will include you in our prayers. God Bless you and yours.

Edna

MRI
    The Dr. came in this morning, and stated that the MRI still looks great!!! He said just like Cindy Sue said, that when you have Brain Surgery you are more susceptible to seizures. Scared me a little, haha! My little Princess MacKenzie came and saw me last night, but she didn't like all the wires. She thought she was going to hurt me. They said I should be getting out of here today. I will officially be on 1500mg of Keppra, and I can't drive for a while. At least tumor is stable, God is Great!!! All I kept thinking was. "God I can not do this agaian." If I had go I would though.
  • cindysuetoyou
    cindysuetoyou Member Posts: 513

MRI
    The Dr. came in this morning, and stated that the MRI still looks great!!! He said just like Cindy Sue said, that when you have Brain Surgery you are more susceptible to seizures. Scared me a little, haha! My little Princess MacKenzie came and saw me last night, but she didn't like all the wires. She thought she was going to hurt me. They said I should be getting out of here today. I will officially be on 1500mg of Keppra, and I can't drive for a while. At least tumor is stable, God is Great!!! All I kept thinking was. "God I can not do this agaian." If I had go I would though.

YESSSSS!!!!!
    If David wasn't sleeping, I'd get up and do Julia's happy dance right now, right here in our hospital room!!! This is great news!!!!

So glad that you are headed home! If I were there, I'd give you a huge hug, and I'd give your little Princess MacKenzie a big kiss on the cheek! I have a little princess granddaughter that's the same age as MacKenzie.....she blesses me just by being her sweet little self....

Have a sweet, blessed, wonderful day!

Love and blessings,
    Cindy
    (Still in Portand...ugh!)
    PS Keppra seems to be pretty easily tolerated. It made David feel a little sleepy when he first started taking it, but after a week or two, it went away. :)
  • chicken2799

YESSSSS!!!!!
    If David wasn't sleeping, I'd get up and do Julia's happy dance right now, right here in our hospital room!!! This is great news!!!!

So glad that you are headed home! If I were there, I'd give you a huge hug, and I'd give your little Princess MacKenzie a big kiss on the cheek! I have a little princess granddaughter that's the same age as MacKenzie.....she blesses me just by being her sweet little self....

Have a sweet, blessed, wonderful day!

Love and blessings,
    Cindy
    (Still in Portand...ugh!)
    PS Keppra seems to be pretty easily tolerated. It made David feel a little sleepy when he first started taking it, but after a week or two, it went away. :)

Thanks Everyone!
    I am back at work today! The Keppra is making me feel groggy, but hopefully like last time I will start getting use to it again. I feel like I could go to sleep right now! Lol! I may take me a nap at lunch.

Cindy, thanks for all of your encouraging words! I went back and read the posts I put on here, and did not remember writing half of that stuff! It is crazy how foggy your brain is after a seizure. Hope David is doing better!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and responses. I also have each of you in my prayers as well.
  • alutiiqmom
    alutiiqmom Member Posts: 256

Thanks Everyone!
    I am back at work today! The Keppra is making me feel groggy, but hopefully like last time I will start getting use to it again. I feel like I could go to sleep right now! Lol! I may take me a nap at lunch.

Cindy, thanks for all of your encouraging words! I went back and read the posts I put on here, and did not remember writing half of that stuff! It is crazy how foggy your brain is after a seizure. Hope David is doing better!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and responses. I also have each of you in my prayers as well.

Happy For you
    Hi Michelle-

I am very happy to hear that you are at work today and doing better. Enjoy Valentine's with your children. Sarah and I continue to include everyone on this site in our daily prayers. Let us know how you are doing.

God Bless you-
    Edna
  • chicken2799

Happy For you
    Hi Michelle-

I am very happy to hear that you are at work today and doing better. Enjoy Valentine's with your children. Sarah and I continue to include everyone on this site in our daily prayers. Let us know how you are doing.

God Bless you-
    Edna

Thanks so much!!!
    Thank you so much Edna for your thoughts and prayers! I am feeling really good, and hope the medicine will keep the seizures at bay. Hope you and your family had a great Valentine’s Day! You and your daughter are in my prayers as well.

Michelle
  • PBJ Austin
    PBJ Austin Member Posts: 347 Member

Thanks so much!!!
    Thank you so much Edna for your thoughts and prayers! I am feeling really good, and hope the medicine will keep the seizures at bay. Hope you and your family had a great Valentine’s Day! You and your daughter are in my prayers as well.

Michelle

I'm glad you are better

Hi Michelle,

I'm so glad you are feeling better, I think of you and everyone on this board as I send love and prayers to all.  

BTW, your little girl is adorable!!

Pam