I am NOT Miss Daisy any longer

grams2jc
grams2jc Member Posts: 756
My MO said the MRI showed much shrinkage of the lesions, we are down to 2 from 3 or 4 and 1 of them is .45 cm when it started at 1.25cm while the other is 1.5cm down from 3 cm. Good news is there is minimal swelling so I am able to drive again. She thinks RO will want to wait a bit longer to see if more shrinking occurs before deciding about Gamma Knife. I see him on Tuesday, will have more info then.

It is a good thing I am able to drive as this weekend we have had some snow and my mother doesn't drive in snow...timing was perfect.

Sorry to be so slow getting on here, had my sister and BIL here since Wed. nite and they just left this a.m. When I did have time to get on, my internet was acting up.

Thanks for all of your prayers and thoughts, I will let you know more after Tues appt.

Wishing you all a healthy, happy week,

Jennifer

Comments

• skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Good News!
    Praying for the shrinkage to continue. Hope the visit wasn't to taxing!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    skipper54 said:

Good News!
    Praying for the shrinkage to continue. Hope the visit wasn't to taxing!

Time to put the pedal to the metal, Jennifer!
    So glad you are getting to drive again. That will make a big difference in how you feel. Just be extra careful in all that snow!

Hugs, Renee
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Not Being Miss Daisy
    I am happy that your lesions did shrink. More than likely the Gamma Knife procedure will eradicate them should you still need the procedure . I do hope they just continue to dwindle into nothing at all.

Don't like to drive in snow either, so I understand how your mom feels. Glad that you are able to drive.

Best for your Tuesday appointment.

Doris
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Glad
    to hear you're able to drive...be careful in the snow. Wonderful news about the shrinkage. Will keep praying for more shrinkage.

Hugs, Debi
  • ManWithaMission
    ManWithaMission Member Posts: 497
    Driving Miss Daisy in Snow
    Tell them,Jennifer, that driving in snow is not that difficult. As long as it isn't in a blizzard. Don't give it to much gas or your tires will spin. If you start to skid, steer into the skid and take your foot off the gas. DO NOT HIT THE BREAK!!! This will cause your tires to lock up and you will start to slid out of control. Pump the breaks to slow yourself down. I have driven in snow and ice many times,even when I didn't want to. Just drive slower and leave plenty of room between you and the person in front of you, and be extra watchful of the person behind you,too! There is not much you can do about him/her except to try to stay out of the way if you see them coming. Driving in the snow is almost like driving in the rain,but there are more accedents in the rain than in snow.

Well, that's my two cents worth about that subject. I will keep you in my prayers, Jennifer,that your lesions continue to shrink and that you get a good report on Tuesday. I also hope that you had a very plesant visit from you sis & Bill. It is always good to see family every now and then.

Cyber (((HUGS))) to you,
    Robert
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Thanks everyone!
    I really appreciate the good wishes headed my way.

And as for driving in snow, I have been doing that too many years to count, haven't figured out yet why I am in KS instead of FL or somewhere like that. My small SUV does a great job, though sometimes when the all-wheel drive kicks in it is a surprise. My mom won't drive my car and I think her Impala should have been an SUV when purchased so she could be more comfortable if she gets caught out in the weather.

Have a good week all,

Jennifer
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    grams2jc said:

Thanks everyone!
    I really appreciate the good wishes headed my way.

And as for driving in snow, I have been doing that too many years to count, haven't figured out yet why I am in KS instead of FL or somewhere like that. My small SUV does a great job, though sometimes when the all-wheel drive kicks in it is a surprise. My mom won't drive my car and I think her Impala should have been an SUV when purchased so she could be more comfortable if she gets caught out in the weather.

Have a good week all,

Jennifer

Great news, Jennifer!
    So good to hear the brain thingies are shrinking. Hope ths continues and you don't need Gamma Knife, but if you do, it's good to know it's available to you.

Suzanne
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944

Great news, Jennifer!
    So good to hear the brain thingies are shrinking. Hope ths continues and you don't need Gamma Knife, but if you do, it's good to know it's available to you.

Suzanne

Buddy... you are truly
    Buddy... you are truly amazing. I agree with Suzanne, good to hear those brain thingies are shrinking, definitely cause for celebration.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Buddy... you are truly
    Buddy... you are truly amazing. I agree with Suzanne, good to hear those brain thingies are shrinking, definitely cause for celebration.

Jennifer ... So thrilled by this news!
    and you can drive now -- FREEDOM ! .. enjoy ...

Vicki Sam
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    VickiSam said:

Jennifer ... So thrilled by this news!
    and you can drive now -- FREEDOM ! .. enjoy ...

Vicki Sam

that is wonderful news
    that is wonderful news praying for more shrinkage!
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    carkris said:

that is wonderful news
    that is wonderful news praying for more shrinkage!

that is some awesome
    that is some awesome news.... love to hear that things are working out

Hugs
    Eva