Another chemo appointment and another UTI

camul
camul Member Posts: 2,537
This time I saw the PA and she did a urine test which came back positive, then she actually did chemo markers, YEAH! My Onco doesn't do them but she likes to keep track with them, so that was good, I have wanted them forever. She also followed through with a complete thyroid, liver, adrenal, and kidney function panel, which is great.

I will get results tomorrow, and she thinks my Dr. will refer me to the urologist. In 2009, I was told I had bladder cancer and would be bagged, but when they got in there and did a resection (removed the lining of the bladder), what came back was atypical but not yet cancer, same as when they removed my thyroid for tumors 3 months later.

They followed later with a sling to repair the bladder. This is the 2nd UTI in less than 6 weeks and she believes it is contributing to total exhaustion. Says between the cancer, chemo and infections, my body is on overload.

Then possibly a few more weeks until I have the bone and pet scans! At least I feel like they are doing all they can to follow up with this. I need to get some energy back and know that the chemo I am on is actually working. It is too hard to keep going through this if it isn't.

Thanks for listening! And prayers and hopefully more good news for all of you!

Carol

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    This just sucks!
    So very sorry, Carol that you're enduring more than your fair share.....I'm going to send you a private message..

Hugs, Nancy
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    It's no wonder you're
    It's no wonder you're exhausted! That is a lot for your body to deal with. I hope the markers are reliable for you, and I agree it sounds like the docs are doing everything they can to help you. I'm praying it all works for you!

Hugs,

Linda
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

It's no wonder you're
    It's no wonder you're exhausted! That is a lot for your body to deal with. I hope the markers are reliable for you, and I agree it sounds like the docs are doing everything they can to help you. I'm praying it all works for you!

Hugs,

Linda

Oh, Carol, I hear the exhaustion and frustration
    through your post. Let's hope this UTI gets cleared up ASAP so that your body can begin to re-energize. I know what you mean by fatigue--it's hard enough to fight this beast, but when you add on fatigue, it only makes it that much more difficult. I agree with you in that your docs seem right on top of things and that's a good feeling in itself.

Sending out all my positive energy and prayers to you today, Carol. I'm hoping you're feeling better even as you read this.

Hugs, Renee
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    missrenee said:

Oh, Carol, I hear the exhaustion and frustration
    through your post. Let's hope this UTI gets cleared up ASAP so that your body can begin to re-energize. I know what you mean by fatigue--it's hard enough to fight this beast, but when you add on fatigue, it only makes it that much more difficult. I agree with you in that your docs seem right on top of things and that's a good feeling in itself.

Sending out all my positive energy and prayers to you today, Carol. I'm hoping you're feeling better even as you read this.

Hugs, Renee

sending gentle hugs
    UTIs can really zap your energy as I found out last week. Everyone thinks that's why I was so tired. More so than I should have been 2 weeks post-op. Feeling much better this week. Glad to hear the doc's on top of things. Combining UTIs and chemo isn't fun or fair! Hope you're feeling better soon.
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    skipper54 said:

sending gentle hugs
    UTIs can really zap your energy as I found out last week. Everyone thinks that's why I was so tired. More so than I should have been 2 weeks post-op. Feeling much better this week. Glad to hear the doc's on top of things. Combining UTIs and chemo isn't fun or fair! Hope you're feeling better soon.

I hate that you have to go
    I hate that you have to go through this....I'm praying and hoping some relieve will come your way soon.... take care

Hugs
    Eva
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

It's no wonder you're

Hugs,

Linda

Praying for you Carol.
    Hugs,

Praying for you Carol.

Hugs, Jan
  • GrammyKaren
    GrammyKaren Member Posts: 96

Praying for you Carol.
    Hugs,

Praying for you Carol.

Hugs, Jan

sending you hugs and prayers
    Praying for your revitalized self to return..Its hard on you.
    Hugs,
    Karen
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

sending you hugs and prayers
    Praying for your revitalized self to return..Its hard on you.
    Hugs,
    Karen

Hugs and prayers to you also
    Hugs and prayers to you also Carol!

Lex