Cleaning for a Reason--They are legit and I got in!

AngieD
AngieD Member Posts: 493
edited February 2012 in Breast Cancer #1
I saw a lot of discussion on Cleaning for a Reason in Dec when I got my diagnosis and joined this group. I just wanted to let you know they are legitimate and I am SO grateful.

The social worker at my cancer center gave me the information on them but said it was hard to get in as there was a lot more demand than participating cleaning services at this time.
I found them very responsive with step by step instructions as I went through the process. I filled out the online form which said to look for a reply and to check my spam folder if I did not get one. The reply said the next step was to have the oncologist office fax on the doctor's letterhead that I was a cancer patient. My cancer center faxed the information this morning When I got home from a doctor's appointment this afternoon, I had emails from them telling me they had received the fax, another telling me I was accepted, and a phone message from the local Merry Maids!! Very prompt and efficient.

I'm SO excited. My husband asked how long I was going to keep squealing with delight! They are coming on Feb 14--what a great Valentine's Day gift! They will come once a month for 4 months and send 2 people for 2 hours and do whatever cleaning I want done on a priority list that can be done in that time. The local owner told me they do it as their community service project.

The information from Cleaning For a Reason stressed that they were so sorry they could not accommodate all or nearly all who request it yet. Maybe if this awesome group of ladies here all contacted the cleaning companies in your areas and gave them the contact information and encouraged them to participate for the women with cancer in your community, it could really make a difference and more of us could get the service.
www.cleaningforareason.org
You can look on the website for the form and locations where they have partners as well as contact information for getting more companies involved

Angie

Comments

• madsters1
    madsters1 Member Posts: 120
    Hey Angie, I got in too!!
    Hey Angie, I got in too!! They've been coming once a month since November! It's wonderful! It feels funny though I have to admit. To have someone cleaning my house while I sit makes me feel lazy. I almost wanna help them. I have my last appointment with them this month so I'm gonna wait til the dust bunnies build up behind the furniture til I have 'em come since it's the last time. :) They've been a huge blessing!
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Wonderful!
    I've heard a lot of good things about this group, not only here but in other boards dealing with cancer. I am delighted for you in having some help as you go through your journey.

Best wishes!

Doris
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    very nice...squeal
    very nice...squeal away

Denise
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

very nice...squeal
    very nice...squeal away

Denise

So glad you girls got in
    I tried many, many times during my first round of treatment but was never able to get in. It became really frustrating. I did end up getting help, but had to pay for it, which was okay.

Prop those feet up, put on some music and enjoy!

Hugs, Renee
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    missrenee said:

So glad you girls got in
    I tried many, many times during my first round of treatment but was never able to get in. It became really frustrating. I did end up getting help, but had to pay for it, which was okay.

Prop those feet up, put on some music and enjoy!

Hugs, Renee

So happy you got in and will
    So happy you got in and will have their help. I never tried but I know many others have with no success. I'm happy for you.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    SIROD said:

Wonderful!
    I've heard a lot of good things about this group, not only here but in other boards dealing with cancer. I am delighted for you in having some help as you go through your journey.

Best wishes!

Doris

That's great!
    Jan

That's great!

Jan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    natly15 said:

So happy you got in and will have their help. I never tried but I know many others have with no success. I'm happy for you.

I am happy to see that .. after 3 years and
    multiple postings regarding 'Cleaning for a Reason' that 2 or 3 of you Sisters -- did
    receive help.

Let's see .. 2, okay make it 3 out of 299 of us WARRIORS -- received help. I guess that
    is better than nothing - which was the case several months ago.

I was not take those odds to Vegas -- it is a hit, and miss with this Organization.

I did in fact contact this organization, while going thru grueling chemo for months --
    no service available in my area. Give me a break! -- I live in Southern California ..
    not Southern Montana.

I would prefer that this organization advertise cities and states - where services
    are available --.

Just my humble opinion.

Vicki Sam
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    natly15 said:

I am glad you got this
    I am glad you got this cleaning also. There have been several on here that had no luck getting help at all. I think it is a wonderful thing they do.

Hugs, Lex
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    VickiSam said:

multiple postings regarding 'Cleaning for a Reason' that 2 or 3 of you Sisters -- did
    receive help.

Let's see .. 2, okay make it 3 out of 299 of us WARRIORS -- received help. I guess that

I was not take those odds to Vegas -- it is a hit, and miss with this Organization.

I did in fact contact this organization, while going thru grueling chemo for months --
    no service available in my area. Give me a break! -- I live in Southern California ..
    not Southern Montana.

I would prefer that this organization advertise cities and states - where services
    are available --.

Just my humble opinion.

Vicki Sam

Their website lists towns
    Their website lists towns where they now have partners. I think they are adding more all the time. We could all help our Sisters by contacting cleaning services in our areas and encourage them to provide a community service to the women in our towns with cancer. I would think this group could make a huge difference. Hopefully, the early bad experiences you and others had were growing pains.
    Angie
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Alexis F said:

I am glad you got this
    I am glad you got this cleaning also. There have been several on here that had no luck getting help at all. I think it is a wonderful thing they do.

Hugs, Lex

Congratulations!
    Many of us have had problems getting in - either there's no one in our area or they're full. Glad to know it works and that you both got in.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    VickiSam said:

receive help.

not Southern Montana.

are available --.

Just my humble opinion.

Vicki Sam

This isn't available in my
    This isn't available in my area. I am very happy that there is one in your area and that you were able to have them help you.

Hugs, Megan