SKATING SKATING SKATING!!!!!!!.....jumping up and down like a 4 year old....

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2012/01/get_out_the_skates_icy_weather.php

The canal out front is not solid yet...but it's showing signs...the water gets 'thicker' (can't think of a better word) and moves more like syrup...

Dutch knuffels, Kathi

Comments

• GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    Now~now ~Kathi....
    ~~do I recall a slip sliding incident on ice in the last couple of years???? Be careful, someone has to report back to us all the dutch adventures involving shopping and eating...and you can't do that if you are on crutches or laid up looking out the window day dreaming of all the adventures.
    Have fun, channel your inner Dorothy Hamil or Peggy Fleming!!
    :) Melanie~
  • KathiM
    Options

Now~now ~Kathi....
    ~~do I recall a slip sliding incident on ice in the last couple of years???? Be careful, someone has to report back to us all the dutch adventures involving shopping and eating...and you can't do that if you are on crutches or laid up looking out the window day dreaming of all the adventures.
    Have fun, channel your inner Dorothy Hamil or Peggy Fleming!!
    :) Melanie~

True enough....*smile*
    But the bit of dutch blood in me from my dad's family is saying different...*grin*

Knuffels (dutch hugs), Kathi
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Maybe it would be better if
    Maybe it would be better if you had a seat to slide about on. Like a stroller with no wheels. I know-a bumper car! Just don't run into anyone! You'd have to make holes in the floor to make it 'go' like the Flintstones. Have fun!
  • KathiM
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Maybe it would be better if
    Maybe it would be better if you had a seat to slide about on. Like a stroller with no wheels. I know-a bumper car! Just don't run into anyone! You'd have to make holes in the floor to make it 'go' like the Flintstones. Have fun!

Funny you mention that....
    When the dutch kids are first learning, they take a chair with them out on the ice...it slides, but slower...and offers something to hold on to...for me, I could sit on it when I get tired (old lady here)....*smile*

Dutch knuffels, Kathi