Need advice for Homer for his son

JReed
JReed Member Posts: 428
I have copied Homer's post for reply. His contact info is hdwchisholm

Luketich/UPMC, Reddy/Michigan, Sugarbaker/Boston

Judy, Thank you for your reply. I have been reading a lot of posts on this site. I wish that I had found this site when I was diagnosed with throat cancer stage 3 last March 2011. I am doing well now. PET scan showed that I am clear. I am doing a lot of research to find the best doctor/hospital/treatment for my son who will probably need some form of surgery for his non cancerous trauma. We are seeing Dr Lukitech on the 31st.I saw your post about Dr Reddy and his team in Ann Arbor. Impressive. We have also been referred to a Dr Sugarbaker at Brigham and Womens Hospital in Boston who also practices at Mass General. How can I find out if Dr Reddy handles non cancerous patients? How can I find out more about Sugarbaker? Do I do a general post to the group? Many thanks for your help. Hope all is well with you and your family. Best, Homer

Comments

• JReed
    Homer - Dr Reddy's contact info
    Homer:

I have copied your post and put it on the board as a new subject for the 'pioneers' to reply to - you should receive wonderful advice from our members. They have been there, done that - literally.

Re: Dr. Reddy - you may contact him at University of Michigan:
    Phone Numbers below are for the 'team' at Univ of Mich (GO Blue!)

Patient Appointments(734) 936-4973

Mark B. Orringer, MD(734) 936-4975

Andrew Chang, MD, Section Head (734) 763-7418

Jules Lin, MD(734) 763-0470

Rishindra Reddy, MD (734) 763-7337

Rest assured that you will receive information from the members of this site - it has been a true Godsend for me!

Bless you and your son - please keep us posted also - we'd sure like to know how your son makes out and where he ends up going and his progress.

Sorry I cannot respond to Dr. Sugarbaker or Dr. Luketich, but I'm positive that someone will.

Best wishes,
    Judy
  • hdwchisholm
    hdwchisholm Member Posts: 20
    JReed said:

Homer - Dr Reddy's contact info
    Homer:

I have copied your post and put it on the board as a new subject for the 'pioneers' to reply to - you should receive wonderful advice from our members. They have been there, done that - literally.

Re: Dr. Reddy - you may contact him at University of Michigan:
    Phone Numbers below are for the 'team' at Univ of Mich (GO Blue!)

Patient Appointments(734) 936-4973

Mark B. Orringer, MD(734) 936-4975

Andrew Chang, MD, Section Head (734) 763-7418

Jules Lin, MD(734) 763-0470

Rishindra Reddy, MD (734) 763-7337

Rest assured that you will receive information from the members of this site - it has been a true Godsend for me!

Bless you and your son - please keep us posted also - we'd sure like to know how your son makes out and where he ends up going and his progress.

Sorry I cannot respond to Dr. Sugarbaker or Dr. Luketich, but I'm positive that someone will.

Best wishes,
    Judy

Dr Luketich & UPMC
    Judy, Thanks for your help. We [wife Gert, son Reid, and me] traveled to Pittsburgh from Cleveland to meet Dr Luketich and his staff. we first met his partner Dr Levy for 30 minutes. We felt very comfortable with him. Dr Luketich was tied up for a while though we were asked if we wanted to wait for him. We expected a quick hello since we met with Levy. Luketich spent almost 2 hours with us explaining in detail all scenarios and answered all questions What an amazing person. He is humble though has years of experience.My son will have an endoscopic exam next week then probably a full esophageal removal with the stomach reconfigured as a replacement at the end of February. We are fortunate to have excellent doctors in PA and MI. Best, Homer
  • JReed

Dr Luketich & UPMC
    Judy, Thanks for your help. We [wife Gert, son Reid, and me] traveled to Pittsburgh from Cleveland to meet Dr Luketich and his staff. we first met his partner Dr Levy for 30 minutes. We felt very comfortable with him. Dr Luketich was tied up for a while though we were asked if we wanted to wait for him. We expected a quick hello since we met with Levy. Luketich spent almost 2 hours with us explaining in detail all scenarios and answered all questions What an amazing person. He is humble though has years of experience.My son will have an endoscopic exam next week then probably a full esophageal removal with the stomach reconfigured as a replacement at the end of February. We are fortunate to have excellent doctors in PA and MI. Best, Homer

Dr. Luketich
    Homer!
    I am so glad to spoke with Dr. Levy and Dr. Luketich. From what I hear, you have the best surgeon you could possibly ask for - your son will be in great hands. You can tell that he is a great doctor - to spend that amount of time with you must have instilled confidence in each of you. That is wonderful!

Thank you for letting us know and please keep us posted.

Judy
  • Dr Luketich & UPMC

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • flmo
    flmo Member Posts: 65

Dr Luketich & UPMC

Dr. Luketich
    You have made a great choice for your son. Dr. Luketich operated on my husband a year ago this month. We couldn't be happier. He is a very caring person as you have discovered. Dr. Levy was one of his "fellows" last year. He is now a full fledged member of Dr. Luketich's team. We felt very comfortable with Dr. Levy,also. The entire team is just amazing!