Courage this Sunday Morning

2»

Comments

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Welcome to Minesotagirl and
    Welcome to Minesotagirl and momto3boys. Please feel free to ask any questions or just vent. There are plenty of experineced veteran cancer survivors here to help and lend support.
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Nice to Hear from Another Minnesota Girl
    Hello to Another Mn Girl
    Glad you posted. I too have been here since May 2011 but dx Sept. 2010. I too was surprised and did not fit the profile. Must be the low Vitamin D or ....... Prayers for continued good health.
    NB
  • Minnesotagirl
    Minnesotagirl Member Posts: 141

Nice to Hear from Another Minnesota Girl
    Hello to Another Mn Girl
    Glad you posted. I too have been here since May 2011 but dx Sept. 2010. I too was surprised and did not fit the profile. Must be the low Vitamin D or ....... Prayers for continued good health.
    NB

Another Minnesota girl
    Hello Relaxoutdoors~

I am so glad you shared with me that you are also from Minnesota. Are you doing your followups at Mayo in Rochester? I have my ct scans done there because they have a CT scanner that apparently has 1/2 the radiation comparatively to the general CT scanners. My Oncologist is in the St Cloud area but I had my surgery at Mayo so that is why I have Mayo involved in my case.

I see on your bio that you take aspirin daily...my oncologist has never said anything about that. Is that in reference to preventive cancer or because of preventive heart disease? Just curious if you are willing to share.

Prayers back at you for continued health ~Minnesotagirl
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member

Another Minnesota girl
    Hello Relaxoutdoors~

I am so glad you shared with me that you are also from Minnesota. Are you doing your followups at Mayo in Rochester? I have my ct scans done there because they have a CT scanner that apparently has 1/2 the radiation comparatively to the general CT scanners. My Oncologist is in the St Cloud area but I had my surgery at Mayo so that is why I have Mayo involved in my case.

I see on your bio that you take aspirin daily...my oncologist has never said anything about that. Is that in reference to preventive cancer or because of preventive heart disease? Just curious if you are willing to share.

Prayers back at you for continued health ~Minnesotagirl

Mayo Rocherster Scans
    Hello MnGirl
    Yes, first year I was scanned every three months. Now 2nd year, scanned every six months. I still have my chemo port because I was told I am in the group mostlikely to recur. I read low dose aspirin may prevent recurrence and Onc. Said it may help. The next two scans are important. Prayers for continued good health for all of us.
    NB
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Welcome
    So nice of you to post. I call or recieve a call from Minnesota about once a week, as one of my brother's and SIL live in Brainard, I think I'm going to try and visit him this year.
    Again, so nice to see your post.
    Winter Marie
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Minnesota Girl and RelaxOutdoors - welcome!
    Nice to see other MN'ers posting. I am involved with two CRC support groups in MN. If you are in the Twin Cities area and want info on the Edina (3rd Thursday night of each month) or Burnsville (2nd & 4th Tuesday nights) groups, please let me know. We are listed with ACS for support groups, but it can be a bit difficult to navigate their system to find them sometimes.

We are about to lose our "hearty" "tough girl" status with this whimpy weather this year, huh? I am loving the record high temps!