Adventures in chemo

AngieD
AngieD Member Posts: 493
Adventures in chemo! I love adventures, and Tuesday had some to take my mind off my first day of chemo (A/C). First, I had to have a Mugascan to measure heart ejection rate, before I could get one of the drugs. After they took some of my blood to mix with the isotopes, i walked out in the hall for water, and there was a Code Gray (combative patient). A guy in the MRI area ripped out his IVs, shoved some techs and ran away. Lots of excitement. When I got to the chemo area, several nurses were around where I was being weighed and they were all congratulating me--ejection rate like a 30 year old!! Then after chemo: technicolor pee! Not as scary as I thought it would be and doing great so far! :) Whew!
Angie

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I like the technicolor pee,
    I like the technicolor pee, best description by far. lol At least you didn't have time to get nervous. Glad it is going well.

Carol
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Hahaha rowdy chemo patients - unheard of
    Wow,

that is too funny, you did have quiet an interesting
    time of it all. I never hurt anyone but must admit to
    hiding and bribery of the techs. The things I learn
    on this board (:

Hope your chemo will not be too tough on you.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    aysemari said:

Hahaha rowdy chemo patients - unheard of
    Wow,

that is too funny, you did have quiet an interesting
    time of it all. I never hurt anyone but must admit to
    hiding and bribery of the techs. The things I learn
    on this board (:

Hope your chemo will not be too tough on you.

Hugs,
    Ayse

Angie...
    Congrats on finishing your first chemo....a milestone for getting over the fear of the unknown...hopefully it will be less eventful next time! The poor guy must have been scared out of his mind..

Best wishes as you continue your treatment....keep us posted, we care
    Hugs, Nancy
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    MAJW said:

Angie...
    Congrats on finishing your first chemo....a milestone for getting over the fear of the unknown...hopefully it will be less eventful next time! The poor guy must have been scared out of his mind..

Hugs, Nancy

You go girl!
    Glad to hear you got through the first one--definitely the scariest for me. After that one, I treated it like going to the beauty shop and chatting with everyone for a few hours. I always brought a book and magazines, but I don't think I ever really had time to read them!

Stay strong and focused, and you'll soon see the finish line as you cross over it with arms raised high and a smile on your face.

Hugs, Renee
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    One, Done!
    Congrats on finsihing your first (and worst)chemo. The first to me was bad because I didn't know what to expect. I had other issues later, but I was more mentally prepared to face them. Time will go by super fast and you'll be done before you know it.

BTW, I love the title of your post..I think we should turn into a general room where everyone talks about their experiences during chemo (e.g. Like "Chemo Room" lol. I like yours better).

Good luck with the next treatment, and all the rest.

:)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    camul said:

I like the technicolor pee,
    I like the technicolor pee, best description by far. lol At least you didn't have time to get nervous. Glad it is going well.

Carol

Wow! What a way to start
    Wow! What a way to start chemo. Praying your chemo will go well for you.

Hugs, Diane
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    MAJW said:

Angie...

Hugs, Nancy

I want to say congrats too
    I want to say congrats too on your finishing your 1st chemo. That is huge! Praying that you will get through it with no side effects at all.

Hugs, Angie
  • DebbyB
    DebbyB Member Posts: 86
    woohoo!
    Congrats on the first of many milestones ahead.

Hugs, Deb