Lighten it up on your next CT Scan

Hi! Ladies I'm not trying to minimize the seriousness of our disease...but I try to find something humorous when I really nervous and scared.

On my last CT scan, they had me remove my clothing just from my waist up and gave me a lovely gown(you've seen them....gorgeous huh?) They let me keep from waist down on what I wore in. Now figure that one out will ya -- I'm getting and upper stomach and pelvic 8X10 b&w snapshots.

Anyway, after being ushered in the room and laid out ready to enter the scanner, the nice attendant asked me very seriously if I had anything metal under my slacks.

I looked at him sweetly and replied,"well now that you asked, I do." He looked at me with his gorgeous baby blues and such a perplexed look. He asked me "what"? I said, well sir - I have SILVER in my hair, GOLD in my teeth, and LEAD in my behind". I never saw the gal setting in the booth monitoring the situation, but boy did she give a hoot of laughter along with the nurse who injected the iodine. Poor guy who asked me the question, just shook his head and left the room...mumbling something to himself.

So have fun...hope this brings a smile to you. My treat.

Shirley
Texan By Coice

Comments

• clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    Made me Laugh
    LOL....I did something similar. When the tech told me to take off my bra, I told him, How do you know I am wearing one? He said, I know. We go back and forth all the time. I have the same person do all of my Pet/Scans. So I have really gotten to know him. We gotta have some fun sometime.
  • AnneBehymer
    AnneBehymer Member Posts: 738 Member
    thanks for the laugh I have
    thanks for the laugh I have to have a catscan on the 25th because my ca125 has jumped froom 6 to 52 so I am going to try and remeber that. I am very scared so if I could make a joke that day maybe it will hlep

Anne
  • AnneBehymer
    I used it and it worked got
    I used it and it worked got the nurse to laught

Anne
  • TiggersDoBounce
    TiggersDoBounce Member Posts: 408
    Shirley
    I think the humor is so important for not just us the patients but the technicians as well.

I cannot imagine doing the work they do day in and day out.

My first chemo at the Dana Farber in Boston, my girlfriend and I were laughing so much we had the staff cackling along with us...

I think laughter is the greatest holistic medicine on the planet~

Stay well and laughing~

Laurie
  • JoWin615
    JoWin615 Member Posts: 150 Member
    Good advice
    I'm in freak-out mode because my CA 125 went from 14 to 85 in two months. Having a scan on Feb. 3. I'll try it!

Cheers, Jo

P.S. I was born and raised in Austin.
  • AnneBehymer
    JoWin615 said:

Good advice
    I'm in freak-out mode because my CA 125 went from 14 to 85 in two months. Having a scan on Feb. 3. I'll try it!

Cheers, Jo

P.S. I was born and raised in Austin.

I understand you fear
    Jo,

I so understand your fear I had my ca125 jump from 6 to 52 is six weeks I just had my catscan and will know Monday if the cancer is back I will keep you in my prays.

Anne