Scared about tomorrow--has anyone had a bone biopsy in a vertebrae?

missrenee
missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
Tomorrow is my bone biopsy of T-12/L-1. All I know is that they "numb" the area (yeah, right) and stick in a big hollow needle to get bone tissue. I totally want to be asleep, like in a twilight with Propofol or something like that. Has anyone had this done? This vertebra hurts so much already--feels like someone took a baseball bat to it--I'm afraid of it hurting even more.

Anybody able to talk me down off the ledge?

Hugs, Renee

Comments

• Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    I did
    Hi Renee,
    When I was first dx. over 1.5 years ago, the MRI showed something in my vertebrae so I had the very same biopsy done. Well it was negitive, thank Goodness. I was very nervous about this biopsy also but it was a piece of cake. Don't worry it's very easy and not bad at all. So relax and I hope yours is negitive too. Goood luck.
    Annette
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Do you have any anti-anxiety
    Do you have any anti-anxiety meds on hand? Ativan works well for me...of course be sure it's doc approved.

Sending prayers and good wishes.

Hugs,

Linda
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I did, and I will talk you down.
    I went in expecting it to be extremely painful. They numbed the area, quite well I might add. It was uncomfortable when they put some pressure on it, but I kept waiting for the real pain, but it never came.

When it was over, they told me to take a couple of T3. I went home, took one, slept for a while, got up expecting to be in a lot of pain, but the pain never came. The area felt bruised and a little tender but not even really sore.

I liked being awake and knowing what they were doing. They talked to me through it. It took about 30 minutes total. The most uncomfortable part of the whole thing was laying on my stomach because of my foobs. My hips, back, and pelvic area was so sore going into it, that I was really expecting pain.

Seriously Renee, the needle biopsy on my breast hurt, this was not bad at all.

Hugs, and let me know how it goes.
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Good Luck on your Biopsy
    Renee,

Best wishes on your biopsy. I had a core biopsy but never in the bone. They really do numb you good. Try to relax and it will be over before you know it. Think of something positive.

Best of Luck
    Positivity
    Terry
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Positive Thoughts Going Your Way
    Wishing you the best today and hopefully it will go smoothly.

Best,

Doris
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Renee you are in my prayers. Praying you have an uneventful day with no pain. (((HUGS)))
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Do you have any anti-anxiety
    Do you have any anti-anxiety meds on hand? Ativan works well for me...of course be sure it's doc approved.

Sending prayers and good wishes.

Hugs,

Linda

I just want to wish you good
    I just want to wish you good luck Renee. Do take a nerve pill if you have some.

Hugs, Diane
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    mom62 said:

Good Luck on your Biopsy
    Renee,

Best wishes on your biopsy. I had a core biopsy but never in the bone. They really do numb you good. Try to relax and it will be over before you know it. Think of something positive.

Best of Luck
    Positivity
    Terry

Wishing you good luck with
    Wishing you good luck with your biopsy Renee.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    SIROD said:

Positive Thoughts Going Your Way
    Wishing you the best today and hopefully it will go smoothly.

Best,

Doris

Praying for you.
    Hugs, Kylez

Praying for you.

Hugs, Kylez
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    natly15 said:

Renee you are in my prayers. Praying you have an uneventful day with no pain. (((HUGS)))

Positive thoughts and
    Positive thoughts and prayers,

Jan
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

Positive thoughts and
    Positive thoughts and prayers,

Jan

Renee,
    How did the biopsy go/ Please let us know when you feel better.
    I'm thinking of you.
    Hugs,
    Wanda