Triple negative breast cancer

Lisaepstein
Lisaepstein Member Posts: 62 Member
Does TN breast cancer have a higher risk of coming back than ER+ breast cancer?

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I have never heard that the
    I have never heard that the risk of a recurrence was higher, only that it is a very aggressive form of bc. But from personal experience it seems that any of them can come back. I was stage I, er+ pr+ her2 -. Now I am stage iv, and I am being treated for triple positive. So apparently things can change with a recurrence.
  • Lisaepstein
    Lisaepstein Member Posts: 62 Member
    camul said:

I have never heard that the
    I have never heard that the risk of a recurrence was higher, only that it is a very aggressive form of bc. But from personal experience it seems that any of them can come back. I was stage I, er+ pr+ her2 -. Now I am stage iv, and I am being treated for triple positive. So apparently things can change with a recurrence.

Triple negative BC Thanks for commenting
    Good luck to you and all of us!!! What treatment were you given the first time? I have been through a lot as well. I first had uterus cancer I had a hysterectomy and it was early stage so no other treatment was needed. Soon after they found my bc through a mammography which I have neglected for 7 years. I had two biopsies and one was cancer er+ pr- and Her2- I went to a top surgeon and I had a lumpectomy and my nodes were negative and I had clear margins. Funny thing was it turned out after surgery to be TNBC stage!!! The tumor was o small 2.1 MM usually they don't find a tumor smaller than 5mm. My oncologist here in NJ he is suppose to be a top doctor told me it could be a dangerous cancer but at my size I would only need radiation. He also put me on Arimidex not for this cancer but to try to prevent a another one which proves if it comes back the + and - can change. I am also going for the BRAC test next week if positive treatment could change. I go on web and it really scares the **** out of me sometimes. I read that if you are TNBC and it comes back it will go to another part of my body!!!
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161
    I don't know if it has a
    I don't know if it has a higher risk of coming back. I know it is more likely to come back sooner, like within 2 to 5 years. If you can reach the 5 year mark, it decreases the likelihood of it coming back.