First Round of Follow-up Scans ~ 6 Months

LISAinTN
LISAinTN Member Posts: 143
Hey Everyone,

My apologies for not being around for months. Seems that 2011 was one catastrophe after another here and I just didn't have a lot of computer time.

Anyway, I've read through some posts and am so glad to see all the great reports on clear scans from several of you. Everyone here is in my prayers. I have my first round of testing starting tomorrow (Monday the 16th.) I have a Chest X-ray tomorrow and bloodwork to check my creatine levels. If those levels are fine, I have a CT Scan on Wednesday with results on the 23rd. If anyone has some spare prayers laying around, I'd sure appreciate them.

If you remember any of my past posts, I did get past the depression I had early on after surgery. Seems like the surgery messed with my hormones and just about everything else. I feel like I've been back to normal for some time now. (Whatever that is. LOL) I enjoyed the holidays as well, but must say I had a bit of sadness, as this first round of tests approaches, with feelings of "what if this is my last Christmas". I hated that! I put it out of my head the minute it cropped up, but it reared it's ugly head more then once. Anyway, now I'm rambling. Hello to all here and looking forward to being able to chat more. Take care.

Blessings,
Lisa

Comments

• newenglandguy
    newenglandguy Member Posts: 66
    Will say a prayer for you
    Lisa - I will definitely say a prayer for you. I don't recall seeing your original story but will make it a point to go look it up. Wishing you clear scans!
  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Dear Lisa,

Last August your doctors gave you a 5% chamce of recurrance and that is over 5 or 10 years.
    Based upon your pathology report my commemt last August regarding chance of recurrance was slim or none. The basis for those comments has not changed.

While other people have had recurrances on this board most if not all joined our club with more baggage than you (size and grade of tumor). For you this is a routine follow up with no reason to be concerned. As for your creatine level with one kidney you are going to have a new normal.

Anyway whether you need it or not I am wishing you the best results possable so that you can get this behind you and relax.

Icemantoo
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    Always welcome here...
    Hi Lisa,

No need to apologize for where life leads you, we'll be here if/when you need us. I remember all the emotions from dx and surgery flooding back before those first follow-up tests and I know it does not seem like it for you right now, but it will get easier over time, the first is the worst. The iceman has reminded you of some of the positive things you have going for you, concentrating on those will help hold the inner demons at bay. I am sure that NED is coming your way and will pray that this is the first in a long line.

Good luck and Godspeed,

Gary
  • LISAinTN
    Thanks!
    Thank you everyone! I had my CT Scan yesterday and the woman doing the scan whispered to me that the Chest X-ray results were back and were clear! So, now I just wait until Monday for the results of the CT Scan.

Blessings,
    Lisa
  • LISAinTN
    All clear!
    Just wanted to say thanks for the prayers. I got the all clear on my tests today!! My urologist has concerns as to my age when I got the cancer and my family history, but we can only take it one day at a time. I go back in July for more tests. Thanks again!

Blessings,
    Lisa
  • MikeK703
    MikeK703 Member Posts: 235
    LISAinTN said:

Thanks!
    Thank you everyone! I had my CT Scan yesterday and the woman doing the scan whispered to me that the Chest X-ray results were back and were clear! So, now I just wait until Monday for the results of the CT Scan.

Blessings,
    Lisa

Technicians
    Congrats on your results.
    You had one of the understanding technicians. I had an ultrasound done a few months ago and the technician told me all looked okay. But my wife had one done recently and asked how it looked and got the reply, "I'm not allowed to say." That she wouldn't say anything made us worry even more. Why wouldn't she tell us? we asked ourselves. Maybe there was something wrong. (It turned out okay though.) Can't blame them I guess if they've gotten heat for doing that. But getting that thumbs up sure beats waiting several days (or longer) for the results (that is, if the doctor remembers to send them to you.)
    Mike
  • MikeK703
    MikeK703 Member Posts: 235
    LISAinTN said:

Thanks!

Blessings,
    Lisa

Technicians
    Duplicate. sorry.
  • garym
    LISAinTN said:

All clear!
    Just wanted to say thanks for the prayers. I got the all clear on my tests today!! My urologist has concerns as to my age when I got the cancer and my family history, but we can only take it one day at a time. I go back in July for more tests. Thanks again!

Blessings,
    Lisa

Great news...
    Lisa,

Congrats on the all clear (NED), its the best news we ever hear. Now life can get back to "normal" for awhile at least.

Wat to go,

Gary
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    garym said:

Great news...
    Lisa,

Congrats on the all clear (NED), its the best news we ever hear. Now life can get back to "normal" for awhile at least.

Wat to go,

Gary

NED
    So...you got big plans?..."When your smiling...When your smiling...."
  • LISAinTN
    Thanks!
    Thanks! My only big plans are to get a colonoscopy now, so they can look into (no pun intended. LOL) this diverticulitis that landed me in the ER and was the reason for catching this kidney cancer in the first place. I want to get all the poking and prodding behind me. (pun intended LOL)

Blessings,
    Lisa
  • Katielynn
    Katielynn Member Posts: 61
    LISAinTN said:

Thanks!
    Thanks! My only big plans are to get a colonoscopy now, so they can look into (no pun intended. LOL) this diverticulitis that landed me in the ER and was the reason for catching this kidney cancer in the first place. I want to get all the poking and prodding behind me. (pun intended LOL)

Blessings,
    Lisa

Thank God for prodding
    Hi Lisa,
    So glad to hear you recieved good news. I feel every good report is a victory for all of us. Ahhh, the colonoscopy, it's nothing. The prep is the worst part. Thanks to my diverticulitis and an ovarian cyst, and much prodding and poking my mass was found "by accident" My nephrologist said "good thing you had pain"...otherwise I would have attributed the back pain and pelvic/abdominal pain to that ovarian cyst that my gyno (now replaced) had let hang around for 1 1/2 yrs. Or, I could have blamed in on my herniated L5. Thank God my PC didn't blow me off as some hypochondriac...I complained and he listened..So now I'm down 1 kidney, one ovary, and thanks to my new gyno at the time I had my ovary removed, he called in a gen, surgeon to remove my bad appendix. Still have the diverticulitis, but if that's going to be the worst of it AMEN, I could live without nuts and seeds. LOL Hopefully 2012 will be a very good, healthy year for us all...I pray God blesses us....Good luck with the colonoscopy...Look at it this way, it's a good nap, then you go home :-)
  • LISAinTN
    Katielynn said:

Thank God for prodding
    Hi Lisa,
    So glad to hear you recieved good news. I feel every good report is a victory for all of us. Ahhh, the colonoscopy, it's nothing. The prep is the worst part. Thanks to my diverticulitis and an ovarian cyst, and much prodding and poking my mass was found "by accident" My nephrologist said "good thing you had pain"...otherwise I would have attributed the back pain and pelvic/abdominal pain to that ovarian cyst that my gyno (now replaced) had let hang around for 1 1/2 yrs. Or, I could have blamed in on my herniated L5. Thank God my PC didn't blow me off as some hypochondriac...I complained and he listened..So now I'm down 1 kidney, one ovary, and thanks to my new gyno at the time I had my ovary removed, he called in a gen, surgeon to remove my bad appendix. Still have the diverticulitis, but if that's going to be the worst of it AMEN, I could live without nuts and seeds. LOL Hopefully 2012 will be a very good, healthy year for us all...I pray God blesses us....Good luck with the colonoscopy...Look at it this way, it's a good nap, then you go home :-)

Thanks!
    Hi Katie,

LOL! You made me laugh. I can think of much better things to nap through, but I know what you mean. :o) I completely echo your sentiments on 2012. I told my husband that I hope this is the most boring year I have ever had in my life! I will not complain if it's boring! Take care.

Blessings,
    Lisa
  • cww71964
    cww71964 Member Posts: 97
    LISAinTN said:

Thanks!
    Hi Katie,

LOL! You made me laugh. I can think of much better things to nap through, but I know what you mean. :o) I completely echo your sentiments on 2012. I told my husband that I hope this is the most boring year I have ever had in my life! I will not complain if it's boring! Take care.

Blessings,
    Lisa

great news?
    Lisa,

It is so good to hear your good news. I wish the same for everyone that faces this stuff. I wish you happiness and health in this new year.

God bless,
    Wayne
  • LISAinTN
    cww71964 said:

great news?
    Lisa,

It is so good to hear your good news. I wish the same for everyone that faces this stuff. I wish you happiness and health in this new year.

God bless,
    Wayne

Thanks!
    Thanks so much, Wayne! I'm wishing for a very boring and happy year! :o)
  • garym
    LISAinTN said:

Thanks!
    Thanks so much, Wayne! I'm wishing for a very boring and happy year! :o)

Boring...
    Boring and colonoscopy hmmmm, there has to be a pun in there somewhere, isn't there?
    LOL Gary
  • LISAinTN
    garym said:

Boring...
    Boring and colonoscopy hmmmm, there has to be a pun in there somewhere, isn't there?
    LOL Gary

Don't go there, Gary!
    Don't go there, Gary! LOL My colonoscopy is on Groundhog's Day and my husband is already coming up with, what he thinks are, "funny" little comments regarding the day. LOL Oh well, if I couldn't laugh about this, I'd have to be committed somewhere. :oD

Blessings,
    Lisa
  • garym
    LISAinTN said:

Don't go there, Gary!
    Don't go there, Gary! LOL My colonoscopy is on Groundhog's Day and my husband is already coming up with, what he thinks are, "funny" little comments regarding the day. LOL Oh well, if I couldn't laugh about this, I'd have to be committed somewhere. :oD

Blessings,
    Lisa

OMG!!! LOL...
    Groundhog's Day, tears are rolling down my cheeks.

When they did mine I asked afterwards if he discovered oil, without skipping a beat the doctor said "No, but the good news is that you don't have any cavities".

Gotta have a sense of humor for that job,

Gary
  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    garym said:

OMG!!! LOL...
    Groundhog's Day, tears are rolling down my cheeks.

When they did mine I asked afterwards if he discovered oil, without skipping a beat the doctor said "No, but the good news is that you don't have any cavities".

Gotta have a sense of humor for that job,

Gary

Sounds like fun
    I just had my 5th Colonoscopy. Afterwords the Dotor told my wife that he had some bad news and some good news. The bad news was that I snoored like a horse. The good news was that he did not have to sleep with me.
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    icemantoo said:

Sounds like fun
    I just had my 5th Colonoscopy. Afterwords the Dotor told my wife that he had some bad news and some good news. The bad news was that I snoored like a horse. The good news was that he did not have to sleep with me.

Fun
    Good one iceman!!

Keep them coming guys - it's definitely therapeutic.
  • Minnesota Girl
    Minnesota Girl Member Posts: 119

Fun
    Good one iceman!!

Keep them coming guys - it's definitely therapeutic.

HA HA
    Love you guys -- too funny! Love the good news, too!!!